FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Miles from Car Rental/Hotel Partners (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2029881-miles-car-rental-hotel-partners.html)

tobiashenry Dec 7, 2020 9:11 pm

Miles from Car Rental/Hotel Partners

I have been renting cars with Hertz/Enterprise/QEEQ etc for at least 5-9 times and there should be around 3000-4000 miles in the past 3-4 months. However, it seems like it still hasn't appeared in my account. Not sure if I forget to put "TK" as a suffix to credit or not.

Could I ask if anyone here received miles after a car rental and how long does it usually take to post to your account?

chibimaruko.k Dec 8, 2020 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by tobiashenry (Post 32870056)
I have been renting cars with Hertz/Enterprise/QEEQ etc for at least 5-9 times and there should be around 3000-4000 miles in the past 3-4 months. However, it seems like it still hasn't appeared in my account. Not sure if I forget to put "TK" as a suffix to credit or not.

Could I ask if anyone here received miles after a car rental and how long does it usually take to post to your account?

Yes, I did from QEEQ. Make sure you reserved from their specific link where you will have a place to input your airline member id during the booking.
And if fail to receive the miles after 8 weeks, you could contact the customer service team to confirm [email protected]

craigthemif Dec 9, 2020 2:32 am

I've had Hertz insist that they sent the miles to my M&S account, only for TK to insist that they were never received.

I've learned that the only way to get TK miles properly is to use the TK specific car rental websites during interesting bonus mile promotions. Otherwise I credit car rentals elsewhere and use cashback websites as normal, even though I often would prefer to earn TK miles...

tobiashenry Dec 10, 2020 1:27 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 32872985)
I've had Hertz insist that they sent the miles to my M&S account, only for TK to insist that they were never received.

I've learned that the only way to get TK miles properly is to use the TK specific car rental websites during interesting bonus mile promotions. Otherwise I credit car rentals elsewhere and use cashback websites as normal, even though I often would prefer to earn TK miles...

I thought that you have to use a specific CDW number on Hertz, if not it will not be qualified. I didn't know that they're that picky

tobiashenry Dec 10, 2020 1:29 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 32872985)

Thanks for the advice! I just contacted QEEQ and they said get back to them later as it has not passed 8-12 weeks. I guess I will wait for a bit. Just a bit of clarification, did you recall if you put TK4xxxxxx or you just put the membership number without TK in the system?

craigthemif Dec 10, 2020 2:27 am

Originally Posted by tobiashenry (Post 32875553)
Thanks for the advice! I just contacted QEEQ and they said get back to them later as it has not passed 8-12 weeks. I guess I will wait for a bit. Just a bit of clarification, did you recall if you put TK4xxxxxx or you just put the membership number without TK in the system?

I don't really remember tbh. But whatever I did was obviously wrong! :D (not that it really matters if TK and the car rental companies have problems communicating...)

chibimaruko.k Dec 13, 2020 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by tobiashenry (Post 32875553)

​​​​
I tried at QEEQ again, if you only put the number without TK in the site, it indicates to provide a valid membership number. Thus you should have inserted the ID with TK, otherwise you could not complete the booking with them.

tobiashenry Apr 28, 2021 9:53 am

Just an update that I have contacted QEEQ and they issue 10000 miles to me straight away after email contact with the person-related.
For Hertz and Enterprise, I have around 1000-2000 miles with them, and both TK M&S and Enterprise kept on asking me to find each other instead. I guess I will just give up....