Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket advice needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Award ticket advice needed

Hi,

I have a lot of miles expiring in Dec 2020 and it looks like Turkish Airlines will not be extending the expiry.

I am planning travel in Dec 2021 but i think award availability only opens up 340ish days in advance?

Could i try to issue my award ticket on 31st Dec

Sin-ist-eze 4thDec
Eze-ist-sin 11th Dec

Then change my air ticket in Jan qhen availability has opened up to

Sin-ist-eze 4th Dec
Eze-ist 20th Dec
Ist-sin 31st Dec

Trying to get the free stopover on turkish airlines award ticket for the return trip.

Any advice?
​​​​

​​​​​​

​​​​​
​​
Old Dec 2, 2020, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
If there is availability, you would be able to change your ticket as you mentioned, however, it's not possible to add a stopover to an award ticket online so you would probably need to call in or contact a sales office to make the change.

By the way, waiting until 31 December 2020 makes sense as TK could back-up from their extension policy despite they've already sent 5-6 e-mails regarding miles would expire.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 3:35 am

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
how difficult is it to change a TK award ticket? and is it the same ease / difficulty if changing a *A award ticket booked with TK miles?
Old Dec 4, 2020, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Neil791
how difficult is it to change a TK award ticket? and is it the same ease / difficulty if changing a *A award ticket booked with TK miles?
Much easier than a *A award.
TK awards could be changed/cancelled/modified online.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2020, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Did they just remove all the promotional miles pricing? Suddenly every flight is normal price!!!
Old Dec 4, 2020, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tboons
Thanks!
You're welcome

Originally Posted by tboons
Did they just remove all the promotional miles pricing? Suddenly every flight is normal price!!!
I didn't check but I would expect a movement like this from TK and it makes sense if we look at a marketing perspective.
It encourages more people to purchase mileage awards on higher amounts closer to the expiry date.

Most likely ( in my opinion ), they would extend the validity of miles in the last few days before the new year.
DaveS likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Extended hehe.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Most likely ( in my opinion ), they would extend the validity of miles in the last few days before the new year.
ISTFlyer as before your prediction came true (although a bit earlier than I expected), Great news anyway.

To the OP: now there is no rush to book this award. Wait until you can book for Dec. 2021.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:33 pm

Hi guys -

I am trying to book award ticket for my 6 month old, 2.5 year old, myself and my wife. Whats the best way to do that on turkish? Would prefer to fly business (ord-> dps).

Thanks,
Cks
Old Dec 5, 2020, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cheerag Shaw
Hi guys -

I am trying to book award ticket for my 6 month old, 2.5 year old, myself and my wife. Whats the best way to do that on turkish? Would prefer to fly business (ord-> dps).

Thanks,
Cks
Could you please clarify what you are seeking when you mean by "best way"?
If you are asking how to book an infant award ticket, that could not be done online and you would need to call TK or contact a sales office.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 12:58 pm

ISTFlyer - you are an incredible resource

The online app allows me to book an infant award ticket -- is that in error?

Is it best to book on united/aeroplan/ANA/Turkish itself.

Also - any idea on the maximum seats they put up for awards? I might try to get my parents to come up with us, and would obviously put them in business class as well - so a total of 6-7 people.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What I meant was if you are planning to get an additional seat for the infant, that is possible to do online.
But, not on the lap of one of the passengers without a seat.

The maximum seats they put up for awards differ from flight to flight. If you are able to give me your desired flight numbers I would be able to check it for you.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Anyone knows if I can do a stopover one one way award?

An thinking of bog-ist-sin with a stopover in its. 75,000 miles in business class.

read that need to have return trip to have a stopover?
Old Jan 11, 2021, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Normally stopovers are not allowed under o/w award tickets, but to be honest with you I can't remember and haven't checked the TK M&S rules for TK o/w award tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.