Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Guide thread: Cv-19 ticketing, changes, rebooking, cancellation, open ticket options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide thread: Cv-19 ticketing, changes, rebooking, cancellation, open ticket options

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You could change the origin to a different airport within the same region and fly if possible.
Will try that but was told they can only do that with the closest airport (to Riyadh).
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
You can submit a feedback form on the website after the points are redeposited (and immediately expired), and they can reinstate them.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: TK Elite+, DL Plat, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Spire, IC Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Are TK ticketing agents are as clueless as they seem?
I have a ticket KUL-x/IST-CDG (J) and return CDG-x/IST-KUL (W) for Jan 25. I bought the ticket in Oct,21 that permits free changes. So I attempt to change online but TK website keeps changing my booking to economy class both ways. Either changing one sector to S or E class making the fare as expensive.

So I called the hotline.

First agent insisted on going thru fare basis etc. So he rebooked the ticket and said the fare difference is €3000. WT? Apparently he booked sector by sector and booked it in C class. Return. No, book as original except date changes. The he booked it entirely in economy class but in Y class which triggered a fare difference of €1000+. I had to spoon feed him line by line. In the end got the dates I want, and class, and the final reissue and fare diff is...€55. Agent offered no response. No sorry. No surprise. Nothing. Perfect. Book it. He puts me on hold to direct me to the credit card input line. After all that, the line gets. cut off! And I am back where I am. Anger and frustration...and that was after 1.5 hours on the phone!

Wonder if it's possible to do this online without going thru the grief I did..
Welcome to the wild world of TK. Any little adjustment/change becomes a huge headache of calling inept agents, who often can't fix the issue on the phone, so you have to waste your time going to a ticketing office and hoping they can get it right. I love TK, I really do, but I'm taking my last flights with them in April as I cannot stand the constant back-and-forth and general ineptitude on their part, and I can't be running to the ticketing office for changes that other airlines handle over chat.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by dtphonehome
You can submit a feedback form on the website after the points are redeposited (and immediately expired), and they can reinstate them.
Are you sure they will do that?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by fil_87
Are you sure they will do that?
You can never be sure of anything with TK. This is what I've been told by an agent when I was considering cancelling an award ticket (turns out my points actually hadn't expired yet so they just went back into my account).
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 11:31 am

First here are some questions for you?
- When did you purchase your ticket?
- Were your flights cancelled by the airline or were they operating? The route would be useful in this case.
Thanks for your reaction.
Tickets bought 12/2020, one way MRU via IST to Europe, both legs cancelled by Turkish. After the cancellations I changed it into open ticket as the destination was still closed and no planning possible.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by rotojoma
Thanks for your reaction.
Tickets bought 12/2020, one way MRU via IST to Europe, both legs cancelled by Turkish. After the cancellations I changed it into open ticket as the destination was still closed and no planning possible.
OK, then if your new flights are on/after 1 June 2022, the agent was correct waitlisting you.
Also, if you have rebooked during an earlier version of the policy, then that would have applied.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 3:05 pm

OK, then if your new flights are on/after 1 June 2022, the agent was correct waitlisting you.
Also, if you have rebooked during an earlier version of the policy, then that would have applied.
I rebooked before 1st June 2022. Does this make a difference so that I could ask them to issue the ticket?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 4:07 pm

Btw, any ideas when regular flights Turkey <> Saudi Arabia will resume? The agent today told me TK is operating some flights to Saudi these / next weeks but they are not listed / cannot be booked on TK website. You need to call the CS instead and get a seat through them. Weird.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by rotojoma
I rebooked before 1st June 2022. Does this make a difference so that I could ask them to issue the ticket?
Probably the agent that rebooked did a fault and good luck on fixing that.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:06 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
I also have a question for ISTFlyer,

I just had flights cancelled by TK (award ticket Asia to Europe bought end 2021),

can I still convert to open tickets?
and if so what are the rules regarding cabin/fare class availability?
and latest date of travel using the open ticket?

Couldn t find any clear answer on Turkish Airline website.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
I also have a question for ISTFlyer,

I just had flights cancelled by TK (award ticket Asia to Europe bought end 2021),

can I still convert to open tickets?
and if so what are the rules regarding cabin/fare class availability?
and latest date of travel using the open ticket?

Couldn t find any clear answer on Turkish Airline website.
Assuming that this is an award purchased by Miles&Smiles miles
You could convert it to an open ticket but if you would like to rebook regardless of award availability, you would need to convert your ticket to an actual ticket and complete travel by 31 May 2022.
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
...or maybe convert to open ticket now and hope that the 31 May 2022 deadline for travel will be extended later.
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 5:49 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Assuming that this is an award purchased by Miles&Smiles miles
You could convert it to an open ticket but if you would like to rebook regardless of award availability, you would need to convert your ticket to an actual ticket and complete travel by 31 May 2022.
Thank you for the information, the TK sales office I emailed today is answering me I can only rebook and complete travel by 31 March 2022 !
Do you have any link to the current policy allowing travel until 31st of May ?

Last edited by Alfredbali; Jan 12, 2022 at 6:57 am
Old Jan 18, 2022, 10:11 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
ISTFlyer,
I have flown the part of a SFO-TBS roundtrip paid ticket. I will not be travelling on the scheduled return date. Ideally I would like to make it an open ticket and use it on a later date, I gather that it will be compared to a one way ticket on this route and fare difference charged in which case it useless since one way fares ae almost a 1000$, Is this true(comparison to one way) ?

I am also ok with a voucher refund for future travel. I assume a cash refund for unused portion is not possible.

What options do I have and what is the best way to get it (online vs ticket office/call center) ?

Thanks
Bob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.