Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Guide thread: Cv-19 ticketing, changes, rebooking, cancellation, open ticket options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide thread: Cv-19 ticketing, changes, rebooking, cancellation, open ticket options

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2021, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, you could rebook the whole ticket and change the origin within the same region as your flight is affected.
You might need multiple HUACA's to make this changes as it might not possible to do them online.
Thanks! And one more thing... the ticket was booked on Expedia... should I ask Expedia to rebook, or I would better go to a TK ticket office (I cant make the changes online, and as I know even call center wouldnt touch the ticket, as it was booked on Expedia)?
Old May 9, 2021, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by arpi001
Thanks! And one more thing... the ticket was booked on Expedia... should I ask Expedia to rebook, or I would better go to a TK ticket office (I cant make the changes online, and as I know even call center wouldnt touch the ticket, as it was booked on Expedia)?
A sales office wouldn't touch the ticket as well.
As you have booked the ticket with Expedia, you would need to contact them.
Old May 9, 2021, 11:28 am

A sales office wouldn't touch the ticket as well.
As you have booked the ticket with Expedia, you would need to contact them.
Thank you!
Old May 10, 2021, 1:35 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Are you sure they are valid until 31 December 2022 rather than 2021?
I know the 115% valuable vouchers are valid two years but didn't know that open tickets could have an expiry date beyond the Flexible Change policy and the ticket validity.
After confirmation of the 31st December 2022 validity, Turkish Airlines sales office finally said it was a mistake and validity is until 31st March 2022.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Originally Posted by YOW_RTW
My data point: Regarding an involuntary cancellation of an award booked using miles that would ordinarily have expired on 31 Dec 2020, I was able to have the miles redeposited to my account with an new expiry date of 30 June 2021 using the feedback request. I submitted the request stating that the miles would have been extended by TK had the miles been in my account in December. This was for an award booking cancelled two weeks ago (1 out of 2 segments cancelled by TK).
Similar experience, and my data point:
Involuntary cancellation of an award booked December 2019, with miles expiring December 31, 2019.
Award trip cancelled initially due to pandemic - July 2020
Changed to open ticket and rebooked for July 2021
Award trip involuntarily cancelled again due to pandemic - July 2021.
Contacted TK via Feedback form and they asked me to cancel the ticket with a sales office first (before M&S can refund the miles as a goodwill gesture), which I did. Wrote back to M&S and they extended the miles generously by 3 years.

Miles which were due to expire in December 2019 are now extended to May 2024.
Thankful for TK's generosity!
Old May 10, 2021, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
That is a very nice outcome; congratulations. Actually, the many cancellations due to Covid-19 played out very well for you this time.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 7:52 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
TK cancelled by October flight to Mauritius for the 4th time today but managed to reschedule this morning for two days later.
My ticket says open under Cpn St.
Coupon status is the flight ticket but does it mean it is now an Open ticket?
Thanks!
Old May 11, 2021, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No. It means that the flight coupons have not been used.

For an open ticket /ticket on hold there are no confirmed flights reserved. If you have been rebooked by TK you don’t have an open ticket.
Old May 12, 2021, 8:31 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Smile

[QUOTE=SK AAR;33244669]No. It means that the flight coupons have not been used.

For an open ticket /ticket on hold there are no confirmed flights reserved. If you have been rebooked by TK you don’t have an open ticket.[/QUMany

Many thanks for clearing that up for me, much appreciated!
Old May 15, 2021, 6:28 am

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Hey everyone. Hoping someone else's experience comes handy here.

Had a paid Y ticket bought via OTA (Expedia). Called TK and was able to apply my E+ Vouchers to them. Unfortunately, the trip got cancelled and I had to take measures.

To my surprise called the Call center and was able to (assuming the agent did follow through): (a) get my trip cancelled. (b) converted to an open ticket; (c) refunded the Upgrade Vouchers.

Now a couple questions if someone can help:
1. Trip was indeed cancelled. But is there a way to confirm ticket was indeed converted to an open ticket? How would I make sure it is there vs gone ?
2. Can I, per rules, do this process more than once? In other words: I'll rebook something with my open ticket and try to apply vouchers again. I fear the new flight might not have voucher availability. Thus I might find myself in a position where I have a Y trip I don't want to take. Can I convert again to open ticket / change dates ? How unlimited is this. Although a bit of a pain with OTAs I can just cancel, rebook call again.
3. The upgrade Vouchers ... How do I know which "year" they refer to? Can someone remind me the policy TK adopted? I'm fairly sure I didn't use any in 2020 (my circle is march - march) so am I using 2020 vouchers (meaning I now would have 4 in the account) or 2021 (meaning I'd have 2) or? Does the question even make sense? Hopefully so.

Thanks so much for any pointers in the above.
Old May 15, 2021, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ricardojrsousa
Hey everyone. Hoping someone else's experience comes handy here.

Had a paid Y ticket bought via OTA (Expedia). Called TK and was able to apply my E+ Vouchers to them. Unfortunately, the trip got cancelled and I had to take measures.

To my surprise called the Call center and was able to (assuming the agent did follow through): (a) get my trip cancelled. (b) converted to an open ticket; (c) refunded the Upgrade Vouchers.

Now a couple questions if someone can help:
1. Trip was indeed cancelled. But is there a way to confirm ticket was indeed converted to an open ticket? How would I make sure it is there vs gone ?
2. Can I, per rules, do this process more than once? In other words: I'll rebook something with my open ticket and try to apply vouchers again. I fear the new flight might not have voucher availability. Thus I might find myself in a position where I have a Y trip I don't want to take. Can I convert again to open ticket / change dates ? How unlimited is this. Although a bit of a pain with OTAs I can just cancel, rebook call again.
3. The upgrade Vouchers ... How do I know which "year" they refer to? Can someone remind me the policy TK adopted? I'm fairly sure I didn't use any in 2020 (my circle is march - march) so am I using 2020 vouchers (meaning I now would have 4 in the account) or 2021 (meaning I'd have 2) or? Does the question even make sense? Hopefully so.

Thanks so much for any pointers in the above.
1- No way online to confirm this, you would need to call the call center and provide your reservation number ( PNR ).
2- Yes, you would be able to voluntarily convert your ticket to an open ticket unlimited times. However, be aware that the fare difference would only be waived on open tickets that were converted after an involuntary change; so in voluntary open tickets, you would need to pay a fare difference, if required.
3- TK screwed up in ELPL vouchers so I have no idea.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
When my OTA converted my tickets to open tickets (involuntary cancellation), they mentioned I need to change them within a year of the original booking date (and travel to be completed by the end of the year). Is that correct?

Also, as far as I understand, I can change my tickets to a different destination within the region. My original destination was NBO. Presumably, there wouldn't be an issue changing it to somewhere in South Africa? Would it be okay to fly to, let's say, JNB, and return from CPT?
Old May 17, 2021, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by XmaX
When my OTA converted my tickets to open tickets (involuntary cancellation), they mentioned I need to change them within a year of the original booking date (and travel to be completed by the end of the year). Is that correct?

Also, as far as I understand, I can change my tickets to a different destination within the region. My original destination was NBO. Presumably, there wouldn't be an issue changing it to somewhere in South Africa? Would it be okay to fly to, let's say, JNB, and return from CPT?
When did you originally book your ticket? That's important regarding when travel needs to be completed.
Changing your destination within the same region would be possible but you would need to do the whole process through your OTA which might be painful.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
When did you originally book your ticket? That's important regarding when travel needs to be completed.
Changing your destination within the same region would be possible but you would need to do the whole process through your OTA which might be painful.
Originally purchased on 22 May 2020, travel was supposed to be in February 2021.

Interestingly, I had two separate reservations using two different OTA. With one I had no issue converting to an open ticket, but the other one said it's not possible... so I called TK and they did it without an issue. They also said I can call TK directly to rebook them, which I found surprising.
Old May 17, 2021, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by XmaX
Originally purchased on 22 May 2020, travel was supposed to be in February 2021.

Interestingly, I had two separate reservations using two different OTA. With one I had no issue converting to an open ticket, but the other one said it's not possible... so I called TK and they did it without an issue. They also said I can call TK directly to rebook them, which I found surprising.
OK, so the travel should be completed until 31 March 2022.
You could try calling TK to rebook; you might succeed or not, it's a crystal ball.
If you decide to call TK, please report back your experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.