Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Guide thread: Cv-19 ticketing, changes, rebooking, cancellation, open ticket options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide thread: Cv-19 ticketing, changes, rebooking, cancellation, open ticket options

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2021, 2:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SK AAR
hmm...I'm not convinced that this rebooking was "by the book". Normally, you are allowed to rebook -7/+30 days as stated several times in this thread. You can request to cancel and get a full refund though.
I went with the info available here.
Since the agent processed this within 10 minutes with no extra cost or any issues, I am guessing this is “by the book”.
I am not an expert at this since this is my first time long haul with TK.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 2:44 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Probably what happened is that you were rebooked on a flight two days later and then the schedule change for the new offered flights happened which is causing a problem. If I were you, I would contact a sales office which is much easier to deal with when you find someone to help. If possible, I would suggest visiting a sales office in person.
I talked to 3 people on call center and one sale office, they all said that my flight has not been cancelled but rescheduled!

Originally Posted by Dselvan
Originally Posted by thanaset
Thank you, which number that you called? I tried German and US but I guess, It will be forwarding to Head Office anyway?
I rang the UK number since I am based in the UK.
I just rang the UK number and they said the same!

Did you consider asking to cancel/ full refund and buy a new ticket for the new dates (now or later)?
That's my last option because I would like to make use of the flexible change policy that I can also change the route for free.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Hmmm. so you are not only requesting a date change (outside the -7/+30 days window) but also a free change of origin or destination? I can certainly understand why the TK agents are reluctant to accept that. Did you consider that maybe you are asking for too much?
Old Mar 27, 2021, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
If possible, visit a sales office in person.
That is the most convenient way to figure out issues.

All English speaking hotlines use a pool system so it would make no difference which number you called.
thanaset likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Hmmm. so you are not only requesting a date change (outside the -7/+30 days window) but also a free change of origin or destination? I can certainly understand why the TK agents are reluctant to accept that. Did you consider that maybe you are asking for too much?
If there is a cancellation, the OP could do both at the same time but as I previously mentioned most likely the issue is because of a cancellation and a subsequent schedule change on the flights that TK offered the OP but the OP didn't accept.
thanaset likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 2:59 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
I did not even ask for changing the route yet! They do promote this one their website:

OPEN FOR NEW TRAVEL

Flexible Travel change offers a range of options!

If you have plans but have not yet confirmed your trip, purchase your ticket by December 31, 2021 (inclusive) and enjoy unlimited changing rights until March 31, 2022 (inclusive). You can change your ticket whenever you want. Unable to take that trip to London? You can change your route to Paris or Amsterdam!

If your flight is cancelled Read more

You can change your ticket to a new flight or change it to an open ticket. You can also review return offers that add value to your ticket.
  • If you have not yet scheduled your trip, you can benefit from the change-to-open ticket right for flights operating until December 31, 2021 in the same class fare and without paying any additional fees
  • If you have scheduled your new trip, you can change your ticket for a flight operating until December 31, 2021, and travel without being affected by the high volume of requests and fare changes.
  • If you want to add value to the price of your purchased ticket, you can obtain a refund in Miles. In accordance with your request, 1,000 Miles will be transferred to your Miles&Smiles account for every 10 Euros of your ticket’s value.
  • You can exchange your ticket with a voucher and gain 15% more value, and use the voucher for a future trip.
Please review our Return requests page for more details.
I was able to change flight with Finnair and Iberia, +360 days!

This is my first time that I heard about this "flight cancellation" policy that the flight number must not be the same and not operated anymore!
Old Mar 28, 2021, 2:07 am

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
As expected, my DPS-IST-YUL booking for next week had major schedule changes (both segments got canceled).
The sales office contacted me via email and offered an option including Garuda Indonesia via CGK.

Could anyone confirm my understanding of the open ticket conversion option for invol change:
  • No fees when ready to issue new itinerary
  • Allowed to rebook from any origin/destination within same region
  • Allowed to rebook to any flights with same fare code (V - Economy)
  • Allowed to rebook to any flight until March 31, 2022
I'm not sure when to go to back to Canada. Staying longer in Bali is the best option for now.
Thanks in advance
Old Mar 28, 2021, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thyeri
As expected, my DPS-IST-YUL booking for next week had major schedule changes (both segments got canceled).
The sales office contacted me via email and offered an option including Garuda Indonesia via CGK.

Could anyone confirm my understanding of the open ticket conversion option for invol change:
  • No fees when ready to issue new itinerary
  • Allowed to rebook from any origin/destination within same region
  • Allowed to rebook to any flights with same fare code (V - Economy)
  • Allowed to rebook to any flight until March 31, 2022
I'm not sure when to go to back to Canada. Staying longer in Bali is the best option for now.
Thanks in advance
Your understanding is correct except;

Allowed to rebook to any flights with same fare code (V - Economy)
Allowed to rebook to any flights in the same cabin ( Economy )

Just reply the sales office and ask them to convert your ticket to an open ticket and contact them back when you are ready to use your ticket.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
Your understanding is correct except;

Allowed to rebook to any flights with same fare code (V - Economy)
Allowed to rebook to any flights in the same cabin ( Economy )

Just reply the sales office and ask them to convert your ticket to an open ticket and contact them back when you are ready to use your ticket.
Great news, and thanks for the quick response ISTFlyer!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thyeri
Great news, and thanks for the quick response ISTFlyer!
You're welcome
andigoeskiwi likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: A3 *G
I have a business class ticket CPH-IST-SEZ RT for July.
There was a schedule change. Flight IST-SEZ was moved two days forward. I was offered a standard options which are refund, rebooking, or changing to open ticket.
As I'm polish citizen I tried to change Copenhagen to Warsaw but was told that this is not the same area and Copenhagen can only be changed to Aalborg or Billund.
I did not try to change date of flights so I do not think I ask too much.
My question is : should I try another agent, Warsaw office or changing to Warsaw is impossible?
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tasma
I have a business class ticket CPH-IST-SEZ RT for July.
There was a schedule change. Flight IST-SEZ was moved two days forward. I was offered a standard options which are refund, rebooking, or changing to open ticket.
As I'm polish citizen I tried to change Copenhagen to Warsaw but was told that this is not the same area and Copenhagen can only be changed to Aalborg or Billund.
I did not try to change date of flights so I do not think I ask too much.
My question is : should I try another agent, Warsaw office or changing to Warsaw is impossible?
Try to perform the change on the mobile app, it would allow you to change your destination from CPH to WAW as it's within the standard rebooking guidelines that they are both at the same region.
If it doesn't work, speak to another agent or contact a sales office.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 6:12 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest, Emirates Skywards
Is it possible to enter Turkey in Istanbul when arriving from Sao Paulo, I am due to travel back to Ireland next week but I need to mandatory quarantine in a hotel costing a huge amount, I'd rather spend 2 weeks in Turkey than give the money for an involuntary hotel quarantine.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:59 am

Programs: A3 *G
Try to perform the change on the mobile app, it would allow you to change your destination from CPH to WAW as it's within the standard rebooking guidelines that they are both at the same region.
If it doesn't work, speak to another agent or contact a sales office.
Both app and website let me change to Warsaw but show me flights in economy class instead. That's why I decided to make a call to Turkey.
I'll try contact their office in Warsaw.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by netwhizkid
Is it possible to enter Turkey in Istanbul when arriving from Sao Paulo, I am due to travel back to Ireland next week but I need to mandatory quarantine in a hotel costing a huge amount, I'd rather spend 2 weeks in Turkey than give the money for an involuntary hotel quarantine.
No, unfortunately Turkey is not accepting non-Turkish citizens who have been in Brazil within the last 10 days to enter the country.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.