Wiki Posts
Search

Best pay-for-use lounge at IST

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2020, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Best pay-for-use lounge at IST

I'll be in IST on Monday from 5 pm to 9 pm, transiting. I'm flying TK but don't have lounge access. I don't have PP or any CC that includes lounge access, either.

Would anyone be so kind and suggest a lounge that is preferably on the quiet side and serves some hot food. I have never been to the new IST airport.

Most likely, I will not need a shower and am not interested in beverages. I would like a place where I can sit in peace and quiet and have something to eat.

Thanks!
Old Oct 31, 2020, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
There is only one pay-to-entry lounge at Istanbul Airport:
iGA Lounge

That lounge offers hot food, soft & alcoholic beverages at the moment.
The showers at the lounge are also open. When I last visited there in July, there were only 5 people in the entire lounge complex which is huge so I am sure that you would have plenty of space for yourself.

The pay-to-entry rate is €59 at the gate, though, if you purchase the iGA Pass Daily online, you would have fast-track transit security, free buggy service to your gate, and the lounge all included for €47.20. You could purchase the online option through the Istanbul Airport mobile app or on igapass.com
kalderlake, ffay005 and eqeqeqx like this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Another vote for IGA lounge. Pretty decent compared to the current TK Gold lounge with limited offerings.
Many airlines also use IGA lounge for their J passengers.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Thanks! That's where I'll go. The price is steep, but if the airport is busy, then it's worth it.

On the other hand, if the airport is very quiet, then I suppose I'm better off seeking a restaurant, having lunch and then finding a quiet spot where to sit down and wait for my connection.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 5:08 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
I was in there a two weeks back.

I would suggest a decent restaurant rather than the lounge at the moment
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Hello

Reviving this old thread - will have next Sunday 5 hours at IST and no TK status, so I believe this is still the one to go?

Priority Pass holder.

On another note, is duty free shopping worth it at IST? Valentines Day upcoming and there are some good brands in the terminal, just wondering if actually something will be saved compared to high street prices.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Hello

Reviving this old thread - will have next Sunday 5 hours at IST and no TK status, so I believe this is still the one to go?

Priority Pass holder.

On another note, is duty free shopping worth it at IST? Valentines Day upcoming and there are some good brands in the terminal, just wondering if actually something will be saved compared to high street prices.
Correct, your only option is the iGA Lounge with PriorityPass.
Shopping at IST is not cheap as the prices are oriented towards people from the Gulf Area and Middle East. Alcohol would be cheaper though compared to the city due to taxes, however, you are likely better off buying it elsewhere at a different country.
Duck1981 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Correct, your only option is the iGA Lounge with PriorityPass.
Shopping at IST is not cheap as the prices are oriented towards people from the Gulf Area and Middle East. Alcohol would be cheaper though compared to the city due to taxes, however, you are likely better off buying it elsewhere at a different country.
Thanks, so kinda Dubai 'Duty Free'
rasheed likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.