Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Tier Status Expiration Date - 1 year more...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Status Expiration Date - 1 year more...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Not in your spam mailbox, or Gmail promotions tab when using that? My M&S emails always end up under 'promotions' instead of my normal Gmail inbox no matter what I do. I also found the status extension email there.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I've checked my spam box and it's not there. The last e-mail that I got from M&S is the "no more physical card" e-mail which was sent earlier this week and ended up in my regular inbox.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I don't like to look a gift horse in the mouth (what a weird English expression!) and I'm thankful for the extension but ...

1. My original expiry month was better suited to my annual travel patterns but that's a trivial issue and
2. This could be counter beneficial to TK. If one was looking to jump ship to another FF program (eg. Asiana) now would be the perfect time to do it. Use your TK gold for 2 1/2 years while earning miles towards your new program thus achieving unbroken gold status.

Like everyone else, fingers crossed (or for Swedes - hold your thumbs) for an extension on expiring miles.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by whyamisodumb
E+ here; does this mean we get 2 more upgrade vouchers for the additional year? I qualified in June 2020 and my status is set to expire in June 2023.
One thing is for sure, the expiry date of vouchers was not extended this time (unlike last time when the M&S status got extended by 6 months). I happened to check on my vouchers and their expiry date shortly before the +1 year extension. I now checked again and it is still the same date.
I would be surprised if they would really issue 2 more upgrade vouchers... 1 year status extension is already quite generous...
Old Oct 4, 2020, 4:26 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
They would need to continue the 2 vouchers each year benefit otherwise frequent flyers who do renew their status in the normal time frame would lose out. Of course, the system for issuing these vouchers is flaky at the best of times, so who knows what will happen. It would be hard to justify extending existing vouchers again.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I've checked my spam box and it's not there. The last e-mail that I got from M&S is the "no more physical card" e-mail which was sent earlier this week and ended up in my regular inbox.
We re-qualified back in Feb and we haven't received any email regarding the extension. Mr. didn't make his first year re-qualification and he got the email.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
We re-qualified back in Feb and we haven't received any email regarding the extension. Mr. didn't make his first year re-qualification and he got the email.
Regardless if someone got the e-mail or not, every Classic Plus, Elite & Elite Plus should have got their additional 12 months loaded into their account and reflected in their card expiry date.
nacho likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
One thing is for sure, the expiry date of vouchers was not extended this time (unlike last time when the M&S status got extended by 6 months). I happened to check on my vouchers and their expiry date shortly before the +1 year extension. I now checked again and it is still the same date.
I would be surprised if they would really issue 2 more upgrade vouchers... 1 year status extension is already quite generous...
How do you check on your vouchers?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whyamisodumb
How do you check on your vouchers?
You need to call the hotline for that, no way to check that online.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 11:43 am

I would suggest you check your voucher via feedback at least that way you have the information in writing for future reference if needed.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by grahamsue
I would suggest you check your voucher via feedback at least that way you have the information in writing for future reference if needed.
Nice idea for those who want to learn their voucher expiry dates
Old Oct 7, 2020, 2:10 pm

I am am sure this is the best option as this is what I have used although my vouchers were only extended from the original expiry date rather than the extra 12 months to coincide with the status extension
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: OZ G; FB G; HHonors Gold;
I sent a request via feedback on 08.10 and get reply today (11.10), which says my 2 free upgrade "rights" have been extended to 31.12.2021 same as my status. Thumbs up to TK.

Dear Mr. xxx,

First of all, we are sorry for the inconveniences caused by the Coronavirus.

We would like to inform you that, your 2 free upgrade rights extended until December 31st 2021.

For detailed information on your current voucher right, please visit turkishairlines.com or our mobile application.

We sincerely believe that we will overcome this difficult period together as soon as possible.

We wish to accompany you in healthy days for long years.

Sincerely Yours,

Nevzat D.
Elite / Elite Plus Customer Representatiave

TURKISH AIRLINES INC.

Customer Contact Center
DaveS and raporot like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.