Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

New to TK. Can't get into Manage Your Booking

Old Sep 15, 20, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

I've never flown TK nor have i ventured into this forum on FT so i'm a TK noob.
I just used Aeroplan points to book a business class flight on TK from Canada to Europe via IST. I've never seen such low fees and charges. I'm thrilled to be keeping and extra $2k in my pocket compared to flying AC, LH, or BA as I have so many times in the past.
I got the AC PNR as well as the TK PNR but when i try to get into the Manage Your Booking on the TK website, I get the following error message: "Error Due to a technical error the e-ticket cannot be shown. SER-TBOS-55000-497b5496" If i enter a false PNR or name, i get a message that "The reservation code (PNR) you entered cannot be found. Please check your PNR and try again." So I would assume that the original and correct information is being recognized.
Searching on the web, I found a suggestion that i use the app so I downloaded it and it worked. It's a bit of a pain since i must manually enter the ticket number each time i want to look at the reservation. You're probably wondering how often I need to look at my reservation but I do like to check it occasionally and it would be easier on my desktop computer.
I've tried using chrome, firefox, and edge on a windows box as well as chrome on a mac. they all give the same results.
i would have thought that if this were a known problem that i would have found something on the web or on FT but i haven't. Has anyone come across this issue before and is there a solution? If i call TK, will they be able to correct it?
thanks in advance
Old Sep 15, 20, 8:31 pm
soy

Programs: various
Welcome to the whacky world of TK IT.
If you create a TK account, then you should be able to store your reservation in the app so there is no need to input the ticket number every time you want to look it up.

Calling TK will not help in any way
Old Sep 15, 20, 11:08 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
For booking made through a third party agent ( other than Turkish Airlines direct ), you would always need the e-ticket number.
Having a TK account, would work to store the reservation but when trying to browse the reservation, the system would still ask the e-ticket number.

As ​​​soy mentioned, calling TK or filling out a feedback form would not solve the situation.
Old Sep 16, 20, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soy View Post
Welcome to the whacky world of TK IT.
If you create a TK account, then you should be able to store your reservation in the app so there is no need to input the ticket number every time you want to look it up.

Calling TK will not help in any way
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
For booking made through a third party agent ( other than Turkish Airlines direct ), you would always need the e-ticket number.
Having a TK account, would work to store the reservation but when trying to browse the reservation, the system would still ask the e-ticket number.

As ​​​soy mentioned, calling TK or filling out a feedback form would not solve the situation.
i created an account on the website but i cannot find anywhere on the website to add the flights to my account/profile. Neither the PNR nor the ticket numbers work in Manage Your Booking. they both produce an error. i assume that it's because they are AC (014) tickets rather than TK tickets.

i then opened the app and logged in using the credentials i just created on the website. i can see the reservations by entering the ticket numbers in the app but the flights do not get saved. if i want to look at the res i must copy and paste them (2) each time.

it's not a big deal since i don't expect to be looking at the reservations very often. just one of those keeping things tidy things.

another annoyance is that my city is not listed and i cannot just type it in. i am forced to choose from an incomplete list. that is very bizarre. not that important i'm hoping.

i appreciate both of your suggestions and i look forward to flying TK. The flight is far in the future and I hope that things return to at least some semblance of normal by then.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: