Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK Catering back to normal?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2021, 9:47 pm

Programs: Whatever is cheapest
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Alcohol was served pre-COVID and it's not served on TK Y at the moment.

After you request a refund it should be processed within 5-10 business days
Thank you for the info! I like a couple of nips while traveling, but in this case, I guess I will purchase some duty-free to enjoy upon arrival. Perhaps, I will stop at a bar in IST (assuming they have reasonable prices).
Old Apr 28, 2021, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by infrequently
Thank you for the info! I like a couple of nips while traveling, but in this case, I guess I will purchase some duty-free to enjoy upon arrival. Perhaps, I will stop at a bar in IST (assuming they have reasonable prices).
I don't think there are any bar-type restaurants in IST. It's mostly sit down where you order stuff to your table on locations that sell alcohol.
Though, some grab-and-go style concessions also sell beer.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 10:20 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I don't think there are any bar-type restaurants in IST. It's mostly sit down where you order stuff to your table on locations that sell alcohol.
Though, some grab-and-go style concessions also sell beer.
Used to love grabbing a beer and heading to the outdoor area at Ataturk to planespot!
Old May 4, 2021, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ffay005
Yes, I got a hot meal on both HEL-IST and IST-DXB, so they've definitely returned to normal catering. Can't comment on whether there are any changes to pre-covid, but it was a solid meal with a hot main course (2 choices), bread, youghurt, a dessert and soft drinks of your choice.
Great nice to read.... 2 choices were meat/vegetarian?

Thank you
Old May 4, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yes, beef and vegetarian (tomato) pasta.

The TK website says "The Business Class passengers on international flights over 2 hours and Economy Class passengers on international flights over 2 hours and 15 minutes are served warm options and cold/hot drinks." My IST-CAI is 2 hours 15 minutes (and the return is 2 hours 25 min). I wonder if they serve a meal on IST-CAI.
Old May 4, 2021, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
Yes, beef and vegetarian (tomato) pasta.

The TK website says "The Business Class passengers on international flights over 2 hours and Economy Class passengers on international flights over 2 hours and 15 minutes are served warm options and cold/hot drinks." My IST-CAI is 2 hours 15 minutes (and the return is 2 hours 25 min). I wonder if they serve a meal on IST-CAI.
Yes, you would get a meal on IST-CAI
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 4, 2021, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Is the normal longhaul business class bedding back? A recent YouTube vlog indicated no.

Thanks!
Old May 21, 2021, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Is the normal longhaul business class bedding back? A recent YouTube vlog indicated no.

Thanks!
Anyone have an update on this? I'd like to know as well. If I'm flying 12 hours in business class, a pillow and some bedding would be nice.
Old May 21, 2021, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by jacquespluto
Anyone have an update on this? I'd like to know as well. If I'm flying 12 hours in business class, a pillow and some bedding would be nice.
Reports indicate bedding service is back on IST-YVR and MIA-IST. No additional news.
Old May 22, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: TK Elite+ Delta Platinum Medallion
Just returned from Istanbul. Took TK 4, JFK-IST a week ago, back yesterday the 21st TK 1, IST-JFK. Food was upgraded, Bedding available on both flights in Business ( Pillows, bedding, etc ) , Flying Chef just bringing you your hot meal ( As previously reported ). Appetizer plate much better than my previous flight. Lounge Food slightly better variety. Only Miles & Smiles Lounge open. Overall, service is coming back to normal.
TPJ, selo, vincewy and 1 others like this.
Old May 30, 2021, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Dave69NewYork
Just returned from Istanbul. Took TK 4, JFK-IST a week ago, back yesterday the 21st TK 1, IST-JFK. Food was upgraded, Bedding available on both flights in Business ( Pillows, bedding, etc ) , Flying Chef just bringing you your hot meal ( As previously reported ). Appetizer plate much better than my previous flight. Lounge Food slightly better variety. Only Miles & Smiles Lounge open. Overall, service is coming back to normal.
I posted some meal details in the other meals thread re: CAI-IST/IST-IAD - 5/28-29.

Miles & Smiles lounge was open and fairly crowded. It looked as if most food stations were open for hot food and cold self-service pre-packaged fresh items. I did not see a bar for alcoholic beverages (did I miss it or are alcoholic beverages just not available).

Having a PP membership, I also checked out the IGA lounge. It too was open and fairly crowded. Hot and cold food available, as well as a bar.

Because I wanted to explore the airport, and only had a couple of hours, I only partook in a bottle of water from M&S and a G&T from IGA - more gin than tonic. I also explored the museum (regional civilization) which was very well done - museum pieces on loan from other museums. It was worth the 5 Euro fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.