Wiki Posts
Search

Flights to Russia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2020, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot BONUS, UA Mileage Plus, VG Flying Club
Question Flights to Russia

TK now has multiple routes to cities in Russia. Are these flights restricted to residents of Turkey and Russia?
Old Aug 17, 2020, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Explorer8939
TK now has multiple routes to cities in Russia. Are these flights restricted to residents of Turkey and Russia?
Good try. I thought about that too.

Sure, Turkish will fly anyone to Russia granted you have the Russian passport or visa otherwise.

If you're not a Russian national - how do you get the Visa? No Russian visas are issued for US citizens in USA (COVID, reciprocity, plus US government in their infinite wisdom closed most Russian consulates in preparations to WW3)

There are 5 Russian consulates in Turkey including one in IST; however currently they issue visas only for Turkish citizens

If you find the way to obtain Russian visa - please share, all my effort had failed, good luck
Old Aug 17, 2020, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Question

Originally Posted by neophyte

Sure, Turkish will fly anyone to Russia granted you have the Russian passport or visa otherwise.

If you're not a Russian national - how do you get the Visa?
I am interested in your first sentence, are you sure about that?

As for visas, there are countries whose nationals do not require a visa to enter Russia. Will they be allowed on a flight from Turkey to Moscow if they are not Turkish or Russian?
Old Aug 17, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I'm also curious about this.

I have a valid Russian visa (multiple entries, issued last year), and would love to go spend some time in Russia if I can. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any useful information online anywhere.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 8:03 pm

Here, from the horse's mouth:
https://www.rospotrebnadzor.ru/about...EMENT_ID=15064

Not going to translate the entire thing, but the essence is: foreigners can enter Russia provided they have sub-72 hours Covid test; test is widely available at IST for $16

I might be wrong about this, there aren't a clear guidance from Russian government; guess the best answer can give Russian consulate in Turkey

Last edited by neophyte; Aug 17, 2020 at 8:44 pm Reason: Clarification
Old Aug 17, 2020, 10:33 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
According to Timatic, only nationals of Russia, UK, Turkey, Switzerland and Tanzania can currently enter Russia.
Explorer8939 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveS
According to Timatic, only nationals of Russia, UK, Turkey, Switzerland and Tanzania can currently enter Russia.
even worse, only residents of Turkey may fly to Russia from Turkey. UK residents may only fly to Turkey from the UK.
raporot likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.