Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Cost of paying taxes with miles for Elite members on redemption tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold

Hi everybody, could some elite member of Miles and Smiles give me an idea of the number of miles TK is asking to pay for the taxes attached to a redemption ticket (J promo ticket, tax amount is 215 USD) ?
Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Alfredbali; Jul 26, 2020 at 11:10 am
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Hi evertbody, could some elite member of Miles and Smiles give me an idea of the number of miles TK is asking to pay for the taxes attached to a redemption ticket (J promo ticket, tax amount is 215 USD) ?
Thanks a lot.
Try to do a dummy booking, at the payment site you would see the answer for your question.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Try to do a dummy booking, at the payment site you would see the answer for your question.
Thanks ISTFlyer, I cannot simulate the payment of taxes with miles because i m not Elite member, BUT i found the info on TK website 1000 miles for 25TL (about 3 €) worth of taxes, absolutely not interesting, total rip off.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Paying taxes with miles is ALWAYS a rip off. I've yet to hear of an airline where it wasn't...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.