Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK post-COVID Long-Haul Operations and Scheduling Issues

TK post-COVID Long-Haul Operations and Scheduling Issues

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 15, 20, 4:32 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Palal
Wiki Link
The up-to-date information about TK long-haul operations could be found here in this WIKI. Please keep in mind that the schedule is always subject to change and the information in this WIKI could be invalid anytime.

This WIKI is last updated at:
08 July 2020

The CURRENT FLIGHT PLAN is published here, but SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED, as Turkish Airlines published a list of services that were to resume in July. Many of these promised services have since been cancelled.
It is advisable that you DO NOT TRUST ANY PUBLISHED SCHEDULES FROM Turkish Airlines as the airline has changed schedules at a moment's notice, leaving passengers stranded.
A number of cancellations have occurred 1-2 days before a long-haul flight was due to take place in early July (e.g. LAX)
The airline call centers are hard to reach if you want to change your flight.
If you buy a ticket you will not get your money back until the situation is over.
Thus it is advisable to look at historical on-time performance for the route you are considering booking and seriously consider alternative options if you want to get to your destination and not be stranded.

Routes that are Suspended until August

Beijing ( resuming 1 Aug )
Bogota ( resuming 2 Aug )
Guangzhou ( resuming 1 Aug )

Hanoi ( resuming 1 Aug )
Ho Chi Minh City ( resuming 1 Aug )
Xian ( resuming 1 Aug )

Routes that are Suspended until September

Buenos Aires ( resuming 3 Sep )

Routes that are Suspended until October

Caracas ( resuming 1 Oct )
Colombo ( resuming 1 Oct )
Durban ( resuming 1 Oct )
Havana ( resuming 1 Oct )
Male ( resuming 1 Oct )

Maputo ( resuming 2 Oct )
Phuket ( resuming 1 Oct )

Routes that are Suspended until the S21 season

Osaka
Tokyo Narita

Seasonal Routes that are Suspended for the S20 season

Moroni

New Routes that their Inaugural Flight has been Postponed

Newark ( postponed to 1 Aug )
Vancouver ( postponed 1 Sep )
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 20, 20, 4:12 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Emirates re-pushed the resumption of DXB-IST vv to 1 December; it's not directly related to when TK would resume DXB operations, but it might give an idea.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 20, 11:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Emirates re-pushed the resumption of DXB-IST vv to 1 December; it's not directly related to when TK would resume DXB operations, but it might give an idea.
Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 20, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Thank you! Just noticed that Pegasus seem to have pushed back DXB flights to 15th Oct and FlyDubai to 25th Oct.
I guess it is highly unlikely then that TK will go ahead on 1st Oct.
Old Sep 23, 20, 12:08 am

Looks like TK just cancelled all DXB flights until 25th Oct
Old Oct 2, 20, 7:02 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Gold, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Newark and Vancouver pushed one more time.
This time to January 2021

Source:
Old Nov 8, 20, 3:21 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
TK back to Bangkok on fridays as of 12 Nov?

TK back to Bangkok on fridays as of 12 Nov?

Any one believes this?

I plan to return to Thailand early december (I know I need non immigration O-A visa plus healt insurance including Covid with 100K USD coverage, in progress to obtain all by 30 november)

Expert Flyer shows zero occupancy on all TK IST-BKK flights so far.

Thus I am rather keen to book with LH group, return J at a reasoneable 1800€

Not to forget the lousy J food on TK...
Old Nov 8, 20, 9:54 am

Long haul operations are discussed here: TK post-COVID Long-Haul Operations and Scheduling Issues
I don't think there is a need for a specific thread for a specific flight.

The first BKK flight is scheduled to be on Friday 13 Nov and there is availability scheduled on that flight.
Expertflyer shows
C4 D4 Z4 K4 J4 I0 R0 Y9 B7 M7 A7 H7S7 O4 E7 Q7 T7 L7 V7 P7 W7 U0 X7 N0G0

So, the inventory is not zero for that specific flight and subsequent Fridays.
I don't think that TK would wait until this close to the flight to cancel so IMO, that flight would operate.

I don't know your final destination so I can't talk about the price but if LH J is currently cheaper than TK J, I would have also preferred LH J.
By the way, a reminder that P fare class in Lufthansa ( Discounted Business ) accrues ZERO status and bonus miles in Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles.
Old Nov 9, 20, 12:33 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
ISTFlyer,

Understand you moved posting to Covid, in fact I never look at Covid, too much out there.
I know there is availbility on coming fridays IST-BKK flights, but don't see any taken seats in december, therefore I wonder.
First flight out 13 november shows a handfull of occupied seats, I will check BKK arrivals, don't think you can check TK seat map 48h before fligth?
I noticed one way Y fare BRU-IST-BKK to be around 335€, I might just book that to get back into Thailand, will need to quarantine 15 nights in BKK in ASQ hotel.
Don't think I will book J on TK, not worth the expense, thus options so far return LH group in J at 1800€ or one way Y with TK at 335€, can't take the risk for TK flight to get cancelled, will have all the paperwork done by nov 30, need some patience before booking.... Tented to go for the cheap option, I flew BKK-ZRH-BRU on LX for around 450€ and had 4 middle seats on 777/300, I rarely fly Y but this flight gets 10/10, had full service.
DaveS and ISTFlyer like this.

Last edited by tartempion; Nov 9, 20 at 12:41 am
Old Dec 15, 20, 11:51 am
Suspended

Spring Schedule 2021

Any idea when the Spring 2021 TATL schedule will be decided?
Old Dec 15, 20, 11:54 am

You originally posted in the right forum and I answered you over there.
I'll ask the moderator to close this thread or merge it with the general long-haul scheduling thread: TK post-COVID Long-Haul Operations and Scheduling Issues
Old Dec 15, 20, 11:55 am
Suspended

There seems to be a discrepancy regarding BOS flights. On their website, TK claims 4 flights per week in January to/from Boston, but GDS schedule shows only 3 flights per week in January.

Last edited by Dieuwer; Dec 15, 20 at 1:34 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: