FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   TK post-COVID Long-Haul Operations and Scheduling Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2019591-tk-post-covid-long-haul-operations-scheduling-issues.html)

Dave69NewYork Jul 9, 2020 3:23 pm

asnovici, I am traveling on two award tickets TK to Istanbul and then onwards to Dalaman in Turkey ( Two separate PNR's one for my wife, one for me ) Since the August Schedule was published, I called the Hotline and since seats were available at the saver award level, they changed all my flights and they waived the $ 25.00 change fee.( They said that the fee is waived only once due to Covid ) They also saw that the flights were not cancelled in their system but they did the change.

asnovici Jul 9, 2020 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Dave69NewYork (Post 32520341)
asnovici, I am traveling on two award tickets TK to Istanbul and then onwards to Dalaman in Turkey ( Two separate PNR's one for my wife, one for me ) Since the August Schedule was published, I called the Hotline and since seats were available at the saver award level, they changed all my flights and they waived the $ 25.00 change fee.( They said that the fee is waived only once due to Covid ) They also saw that the flights were not cancelled in their system but they did the change.

that’s very lucky. They keep saying both on hotline and Chicago sales office they won’t do it until I get a cancellation email. Infuriating experience all around really

noahsilv Jul 11, 2020 7:28 am

I am trying to fly JFK-IST in August and I have had 3 significant schedule changes in 4 days. Any news on which flight they're actually planning to keep if any? Hopefully TK12 Sticks.

Dave69NewYork Jul 11, 2020 8:05 am

TK 12 is operating in August. It was initially at 00.10 Am but it was changed to 22.40. Those were the changes. I also got 2-3 notifications and was able to make adjustments.

noahsilv Jul 11, 2020 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Dave69NewYork (Post 32523764)
TK 12 is operating in August. It was initially at 00.10 Am but it was changed to 22.40. Those were the changes. I also got 2-3 notifications and was able to make adjustments.

Ah that explains it. I was on TK12 at 0:10 and the system automatically rebooked me to the 22:40 flight the same day. So I had to call and switch to the 22:40 the previous day since obviously I am trying to leave the same night.

testycal Jul 12, 2020 4:10 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32517802)
Just to correct, TK started LAX flights on the last week of June ( if I'm not wrong 24 June ), then as you've mentioned above they operated the final flight on 1 July and they cancelled the remainder of the flights until 8 July and then extended the cancellation deadline to 15 July.

By the way, be aware that if TK cancels your flight later than the 15 days deadline, you could simply be asked to be rerouted on United to IAD and ORD and then with TK. The hotline agents would not be able to do this but a sales office would help you in this case.

Also, Palal , this wouldn't apply for your case as you haven't booked directly with Turkish Airlines, in %99,9 of the cases, TK sales offices do not touch booking issued by other means ( a TA, another FFP program, etc... )

And, yes, TK is allowed to hold giving refunds until 10 August 2020, and later on, they need to pay it according to the Turkish SHGM regulations ( unless the regulation would be modified in a later stage ). Plus for US departures passengers are free to file a DoT complaint if the refund is not processed within 7 days of the cancellation.

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 32517772)
It was originally (in late June) announced to start on 01 JUL, which it did - there was a flight on 01 JUL.
On 02 JUL they cancelled the flights for 02, 03 and 05 JUL.
I checked today everything through 15 JUL is cancelled, even though their site says "4 flights per week as of July 8."

Don't expect things to restart 15 JUL.
Don't believe any schedule that TK publishes.
Don't give TK your money - you WILL NOT get it back for quite some time.

A regular BA flyer but trying to formulate options in case BA does not start flying in August as promised from TA to LHR. I have no experience flying TA. Option C for me is TLV IST YYZ YVR versus TLV YYZ YVR on AC in case AC stops flying before I need to return (although I am tempted to take the sure thing right now with AC). Reading the thread sounds TA is worse than Swiss. Am I best to steer clear?

testycal Jul 12, 2020 4:56 am

Originally Posted by yvrcnx (Post 32494563)
Turkish was going to start Vancouver service in June which has been delayed to September. I am hoping to fly the route in October but wonder if this route will actually still go ahead this year due to the steep drop in air travel demand.

I may be flying with TA to YVR via YYZ in August assuming there are flights but the return currently being sold is YVR to IST...my return is in November..hard to think there would be a reason to fly in late fall/early winter as the only reason is tourism frankly. I suppose same return possible via YYZ but this is all speculation.

MarkP24 Jul 15, 2020 8:53 pm

Flight Resumption to NYC

As per this link: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-u...t-flight-plan/ Turkish is scheduled to resume 3 flights a week to JFK as of today, and then a daily flight (7 flights a week) as of August 1st.

Is it fair to assume that these flights will go as scheduled?

Additionally, based on their website (although I haven't seen it announced), they're scheduled to start/ restart flights between EWR and IST. Although I'd prefer the EWR flights, is it fair to assume that the JFK flights are a safer bet?

datadesk Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm

EWR-IST flights disappeared overnight?

Last night (7/15) there seemed to be a lot of availability to book EWR-IST on TK's site from Aug 3 onward. Checking this morning and all the direct EWR-IST options are gone; only options are to route through ORD or YYZ.

I haven't seen any updates on EWR-IST flights getting delayed again. Does anyone know what might have happened?

ISTFlyer Jul 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by datadesk (Post 32536483)
Last night (7/15) there seemed to be a lot of availability to book EWR-IST on TK's site from Aug 3 onward. Checking this morning and all the direct EWR-IST options are gone; only options are to route through ORD or YYZ.

I haven't seen any updates on EWR-IST flights getting delayed again. Does anyone know what might have happened?

The inaugural flight for EWR has been postponed to 1 September.

datadesk Jul 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Ah, thank you!

datadesk Jul 25, 2020 11:45 am

TK12 Operations in August

I have a reservation for JFK-IST on TK12 for Tuesday, August 4. TK12 seems to be flying Wed, Friday, and Sunday and TK's current flight plan now says daily JFK flights will resume as of August 31 (I believe it was previously August 1).

Does this mean I can expect that my flight on Aug. 4 will be cancelled since it falls on a Tuesday? If so, is the advice to wait for cancellation and attempt to rebook at that time?

One more reason to take the published flight plan with a grain of salt. The English flight plan says daily JFK flights from August 31, but the Turkish version says August 1. Front line rep told my wife the expectation is still daily from August 1. Fingers crossed.

Alfredbali Jul 27, 2020 10:15 am

TK seems to have adjusted the schedule for IST<>DPS flights: resuming on September 3X weekly, hopefully it sticks.

rvlcr Aug 16, 2020 9:39 pm

anyone know when TK will release their october schedule? still hoping to see whether they will resume service to MLE on 1 October...

Alfredbali Aug 17, 2020 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Alfredbali (Post 32562031)
TK seems to have adjusted the schedule for IST<>DPS flights: resuming on September 3X weekly, hopefully it sticks.

DPS (Bali) has been cancelled for September. Not surprising as tourists are not allowed into Indonesia. Jakarta CGK is currently operated 3X weekly.