FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Turkish Airlines offering 40% discount to healthcare workers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2019295-turkish-airlines-offering-40-discount-healthcare-workers.html)

NewbieRunner Jun 9, 2020 12:14 am

Turkish Airlines offering 40% discount to healthcare workers

Turkish Airlines is offering a 40% discount to healthcare workers who are Miles&Smiles members for all of their Business and Economy Class flights. More details at:

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...hcare-workers/

im.daniel Jun 9, 2020 6:05 am

Is it just me, or is the register link broken?

ISTFlyer Jun 9, 2020 6:51 am

I've just checked the link and it's working.

azfanboy Jun 9, 2020 8:19 am

Does this also apply to award redemptions?

ISTFlyer Jun 9, 2020 8:32 am

Originally Posted by azfanboy (Post 32442238)
Does this also apply to award redemptions?

No,

From the T&C

• Discounts are applied to base fares and the discount rate is 40%. The discounts are not applied to taxes, and are valid for a limited number of seats.

Award tickets do not have base fares.

worldtraveler303 Jun 9, 2020 4:52 pm

Very Unclear Terms

Note the terms and conditions - limit on number offered (albeit high), registered with Ministry of Health (so no one outside of Turkey?), and blackout dates. The only good news is up to 4 people per PNR.

The promotion codes distributed within the scope of the campaign are limited and the number of codes is determined as 100000 for both domestic and international flights. Distributing of codes will be stopped when it reaches the determined number.

Within the scope of campaign, the promotion code can be used by only health workers who are registered with the Ministry of Health or health institutions accredited by the Ministry of Health. Family physicians and paramedics may also participate. The personnel identity card included in the related form must include the name and/or emblem of the organization, unit, occupation, name-surname, date of birth.

Departure dates and return dates between 29/07/2020 – 04/08/2020, 28/10/2020 – 02/11/2020 and 15/12/2020 – 31/12/2020 are not valid and are excluded from the offer.

The health workers who are eligible for promocode can benefit from the offer together with three people. In the scope of campaign, maximum 4 people, including the health worker can issue tickets on the same PNR

syedtaha90 Jun 11, 2020 10:51 am

Anyone got their promo code yet?

gluino Jun 12, 2020 3:59 am

Also, has anyone from outside Turkey (and/or professional ID from outside Turkey) received a promo code, or a rejection mail?

katiehai Jun 13, 2020 2:01 pm

I got my email this morning. I'm from Canada. A little bit confused with the wording. If I use the promo code to check different routes, will my code disappear? See below.

First of all, we sincerely thank you, the valuable healthcare employees, for your self-sacrificing work in this difficult period that affects our country and the whole world.

Please select the payment method you want on the payment page.Check the “Promotion code” section immediately below the payment information.Enter the promotion code number ____________ for your domestic flight and the promotion code number _________ for your international flight in the drop-down text box.Click on the “Approve” button.

Since it is not possible to make discount after the ticket has been issued, we remind you that you must enter this code absolutely at the payment stage. You can use your promotion code that is valid until 01 August 2020 in your travels you will make until 31 May 2021.

We wish you pleasant flight in advance.

kumpel64 Jun 13, 2020 11:23 pm

@ katiehai

How did you enroll? Do you have a turkish healthcare id?

"Within the scope of campaign, the promotion code can be used by only health workers who are registered with the Ministry of Health or health institutions accredited by the Ministry of Health. Family physicians and paramedics may also participate."

katiehai Jun 13, 2020 11:47 pm

I'm not sure where your terms are from, but mine says:

"This campaign can be utilized by those working in health institutions accredited by the Ministry of Health or the other health authorities in the country where the health worker is located. Pharmacists and paramedic professions are covered by the campaign. The institution information and / or its emblem, title, job name, person's name and surname and date of birth should be clearly stated in the official identity card / document of health worker."

I'm assuming my provincial regulatory body counts as a health authority accreditation.

" T
he campaign is valid for health workers all over the world. Turkish Citizenship is not compulsory."

Originally Posted by kumpel64 (Post 32454650)
@ katiehai

How did you enroll? Do you have a turkish healthcare id?

"Within the scope of campaign, the promotion code can be used by only health workers who are registered with the Ministry of Health or health institutions accredited by the Ministry of Health. Family physicians and paramedics may also participate."

kumpel64 Jun 14, 2020 10:38 pm

Thks a lot for your quick reply. I copied the regulations from Turkish airlines website after trying to register.

But i found the regulations you wrote in the terms and conditions now. So it should work. Will give it a try.

gluino Jun 15, 2020 2:21 am

Hm, applied last Wednesday (5 days ago), haven't received a response.

katiehai Jun 15, 2020 10:58 am

Originally Posted by gluino (Post 32457178)
Hm, applied last Wednesday (5 days ago), haven't received a response.

Mine was in my spam folder with a sketchy looking heading with a lot of numbers haha.

syedtaha90 Jun 15, 2020 12:03 pm

katiehai

I'm also still waiting for the code, its been a week now. Did the discount apply to fuel surcharges as well, or just to the base fare? The base fare for TK is usually pretty low, with very high fuel surcharges.

Also, are the dates restricted or wide open? Thanks!