Mid-June MNL-IST-LAX Travel

Old May 31, 20, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Mid-June MNL-IST-LAX Travel

Hello,

I am looking at traveling mid-June MNL-IST-LAX in business class and have a few questions (I haven't booked yet):

- Is the 2 kg carry-on limit being enforced in business class? If so, does that mean that all you can carry is essentially a laptop and iPad or is the weight for laptops counted separately?

- Is the business class lounge operating at IST?

- In the event that my IST-LAX flight were cancelled, would I essentially be stuck in the airport without accommodation until the next flight is available? I don't mind paying but I imagine it's impossible to leave the airport and that visas on arrival are not being issued?

- Do the normal fare conditions apply for changes/refunds? The "zero change fee page" on Turkish Airlines' website was last updated on April 30 and it only references flights booked prior to March 20.

Thank you very much for your help.
Old May 31, 20, 6:42 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by Leopardz View Post
Hello,

I am looking at traveling mid-June MNL-IST-LAX in business class and have a few questions (I haven't booked yet):

- Is the 2 kg carry-on limit being enforced in business class? If so, does that mean that all you can carry is essentially a laptop and iPad or is the weight for laptops counted separately?

- Is the business class lounge operating at IST?

- In the event that my IST-LAX flight were cancelled, would I essentially be stuck in the airport without accommodation until the next flight is available? I don't mind paying but I imagine it's impossible to leave the airport and that visas on arrival are not being issued?

- Do the normal fare conditions apply for changes/refunds? The "zero change fee page" on Turkish Airlines' website was last updated on April 30 and it only references flights booked prior to March 20.

Thank you very much for your help.
First, I would like to mention that TK hasn't finalized their June schedule; Manila and Los Angeles may not operate in June. The pre-COVID schedule is still available for reservation.

- Due to COVID-19, carry-on bags are not permitted inside the cabin. +8kg for Economy Class, +16kg for Business Class would be added to your checked baggage allowance, you would be able to bring one personal item that would fit under the seat and you could carry your laptop/tablet inside.

- All lounges at IST are closed until further notice. No information about when they would re-open.

- If the current entry restrictions continue; if your LAX flight is cancelled before you board at MNL, you would not be permitted to board the aircraft at Manila, you would either offered a full refund or a future travel voucher. If it's cancelled after your MNL-IST flight has departed, they would rebook you on another airline or on an alternative routing.

- For voluntary refunds, the normal rule applies.

- For voluntary changes, the change fee is waived but any fare difference would apply.
Kylthm and Redmax like this.
Old May 31, 20, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Thank you ISTFlyer. That's very helpful.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 20, 3:05 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Fully agree! What would we do in this forum without ISTFlyers super valuable information! Highly appreciated!
Ramz, no_idea and Redmax like this.
Old Jun 4, 20, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by cloudzocker View Post
Fully agree! What would we do in this forum without ISTFlyers super valuable information! Highly appreciated!
Amen to that!
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 4, 20, 7:05 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
And yes, flights to the Philippines and the USA would not resume on June according to the speech which the Minister of Transportation Mr. Adil Karaismailoğlu made this morning.
Old Jun 4, 20, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
And yes, flights to the Philippines and the USA would not resume on June according to the speech which the Minister of Transportation Mr. Adil Karaismailoğlu made this morning.
That is a huge blow! There are great fares from MNL to the US..
Old Jun 4, 20, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Redmax View Post
That is a huge blow! There are great fares from MNL to the US..
You could always purchase the low fares, and when your flights are cancelled; request to change it to another date as during involuntary cancellations, you would be rebooked to another date regardless of the fare difference even to high-season dates.
Old Jun 4, 20, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
You could always purchase the low fares, and when your flights are cancelled; request to change it to another date as during involuntary cancellations, you would be rebooked to another date regardless of the fare difference even to high-season dates.
that at least is a good news. I believe every airline is desperate for revenue..at least giving pax the flexibility to rebook easily to their own choices , is a good step in keeping them loyal. But with the catering catastrophe, this should be addressed, especially business class!
ISTFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: