Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Checked Baggage with 2 Reservations on Turkish

Old May 18, 20, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

I have 2 flights, both on Turkish, on 2 separate reservations, each with its own confirmation number. The first is Vienna to Istanbul and the second is Istanbul to Toronto. I'd like to be able to check my bag all the way to YYZ when I depart from Vienna. I will have just over 1 1/2 hour connection in IST, will I be able to check my bag straight to YYZ?

Thank you
Old May 18, 20, 4:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by hanzy1 View Post
I have 2 flights, both on Turkish, on 2 separate reservations, each with its own confirmation number. The first is Vienna to Istanbul and the second is Istanbul to Toronto. I'd like to be able to check my bag all the way to YYZ when I depart from Vienna. I will have just over 1 1/2 hour connection in IST, will I be able to check my bag straight to YYZ?

Thank you
Yes, but it might require supervisor permission. Be sure not to arrive at the airport just before the check-in desks closes as it could take time for an inexperienced agent to figure out the issue.
Old May 19, 20, 3:04 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWS (Plat Pro), EY Silver (compted), IHG Plat
1.5 hours might be a challenge if VIE flight is delayed. It might be 'run Forest, run'. And if you are late good luck with dealing with outsourced TGS agents - it might be that you will have to purchase a new ticket as technically you are a no-show. Good luck...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: