A historical flight: TK1920

Old Apr 24, 20, 2:49 am

Programs: TK EL+
Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
There are plenty of flight simulators around.
Where and how many? And who is competing for the slots? Because only D simulators will do the job.
https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tu...raining-139143

In any case TK chose to do it whether you like it or not. I like the idea, the spirit behind it.
Old Apr 24, 20, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Originally Posted by Danny Martello View Post
Where and how many? And who is competing for the slots? Because only D simulators will do the job.
https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/tu...raining-139143

In any case TK chose to do it whether you like it or not. I like the idea, the spirit behind it.
Please don't tell me this vanity project had anything to do with keeping up flight hours (for one or two pilots).
Old Apr 24, 20, 3:32 am

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
I don't doubt you, but I'd love to know of any sillier use of a wide-body jet.
Wow, thanks for being such an astute observer. Since we are at it, and you seem to prefer a lively discussion, why dont you put your money where your mouth is? Call your broker tell him to buy TK when they are trading at historical lows, attend the next general shareholder meeting and tell everyone in that big room what a tremendous waste of taxpayer liras to do a depict a Turkish flag above soverign Turkish homeland on 23th of April.

If you can't wait until next year's meeting, and you want to provoke a lively discussion by claiming its silly to draw a flag, that can only be seen on radar, on a national holiday, you can always visit south east London have a "lively discussion" with the Turkish diaspora there, I am sure you will enjoy the experience
Old Apr 24, 20, 4:20 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
A reminder: This is not the place to discuss political matters. Please go to OMNI PR if you want to discuss those. Several posts have been deleted. Don't know the FT rules? https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#stayontopic

Unfamiliar how FT works? You can alert a moderator by clicking on the red triangle in each and every post.

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
Old May 13, 20, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Turkish Airlines has used one of its 777s to draw a flag of the country in the air

To celebrate National Sovereignty and Children’s Day in Turkey, Turkish Airlines has used one of its 777s to draw a flag of the country in the air. A passenger plane of Turkish Airlines created the flag in a special flight numbered TK1920, as thousands of people watched it on Flight Radar. Actions speak louder than words, thank you for this amazing show

How cool-looking is that?!

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/p...53e47#24653e47
Old May 13, 20, 3:03 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
This flight is already discussed here:
A historical flight: TK1920
Old May 14, 20, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by AliceLong View Post
To celebrate National Sovereignty and Children’s Day in Turkey, Turkish Airlines has used one of its 777s to draw a flag of the country in the air. A passenger plane of Turkish Airlines created the flag in a special flight numbered TK1920, as thousands of people watched it on Flight Radar. Actions speak louder than words, thank you for this amazing show

How cool-looking is that?!
Cool but a tad geeky

For me, this type of thing
is maybe a better approach to thrilling and entertaining hundreds of thousands of spectators, rather than a handful of air traffic controllers.
LondonElite likes this.
Old May 14, 20, 6:40 am

Programs: TK EL+
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
Cool but a tad geeky

For me, this type of thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNLvDHdLO-k is maybe a better approach to thrilling and entertaining hundreds of thousands of spectators, rather than a handful of air traffic controllers.
Aha. During a complete lockdown in Turkey at the time? Interesting.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old May 14, 20, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by Danny Martello View Post
Aha. During a complete lockdown in Turkey at the time? Interesting.
Point taken.

Though fair to say the London flypast was during the UK's version of a lockdown.

Here's a reminder of how well TK and THK can perform:

starflyergold likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: