FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Status extension and miles expiry (COVID related) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2014807-status-extension-miles-expiry-covid-related.html)

YOW_RTW Mar 31, 2020 3:01 pm

Status extension and miles expiry (COVID related)

I just noticed that my Elite Plus status has been extended by 6 months, presumably due to the COVID situation. It was originally set to expire on 30 Jan 2021, but it now shows online as expiring on 30 July 2021! My partner's account is reflecting the same extension.

I wonder if this date will become our new anniversary date for our accounts or if the following year it will re-set to the original Jan date. Either way, I am still happy with the extension as it will make renewal easier to achieve with the time remaining.

Good job TK and thank you!

max_kolesne Mar 31, 2020 3:07 pm

Yep, mine is also extended for another 6 months. I wonder how will that work out with E+ vouchers. I mean will they give 2 new vouchers for the additional 6 months?

YOW_RTW Mar 31, 2020 3:13 pm

Good point. It will either be an extra two vouchers or a delay of 6 months to receive two new vouchers. I will not be in a position to find out until January 2021 (old anniversary) or August 2021 (new anniversary). I am assuming my 2020 vouchers were actually successfully deposited this past January in the first place (I have never verified)! I would be happy to hear back from anyone on FT who might have an new "anniversary date" later this year.

max_kolesne Mar 31, 2020 3:22 pm

Another alternative can be to deposit 1 voucher for the additional 6 months. I’ll extend my status by September anyways, so I don’t think I’d see how they will organize the additional 6 months and vouchers for at least 4 years. Interesting development to follow though.

ISTFlyer Mar 31, 2020 8:58 pm

Mine too, my status got extended 6 months. Thanks for the information.

sydunipete Mar 31, 2020 9:13 pm

Mine too, but the calculations to protect Elite or earn Elite Plus look odd. But perhaps the one year / two years windows have just moved right.

ISTFlyer Mar 31, 2020 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by sydunipete (Post 32252754)
Mine too, but the calculations to protect Elite or earn Elite Plus look odd. But perhaps the one year / two years windows have just moved right.

I didn't understand if the 1 year / 2 year windows have moved. It's too unclear with the current situation.
The TK mobile app still has the glitch of "Status Protected" so that didn't work either to figure out.
However, the website still shows that I need xxxxx miles to requalify to Elite Plus without any date information.

It's highly likely that TK would release information on their website soon.

DaveS Mar 31, 2020 11:34 pm

Mine has extended too. However, all the status miles I have earned since the start of the year (my year runs to Dec 31st) have gone. I hope that will be corrected. I was well on course to renew E+ in the first year.

SK AAR Apr 1, 2020 12:33 am

Originally Posted by DaveS (Post 32252982)
Mine has extended too. However, all the status miles I have earned since the start of the year (my year runs to Dec 31st) have gone. I hope that will be corrected. I was well on course to renew E+ in the first year.

I'm in the same boat. My Elite status extended until June 2022, however my status miles now appear as zero - I was already close to renewing status with flights this year, but if reset to zero now, I will have to start all over again. Hopefully, this is just a glitch.

ISTFlyer Apr 1, 2020 12:38 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 32253071)
I'm in the same boat. My Elite status extended until June 2022, however my status miles now appear as zero - I was already close to renewing status with flights this year, but if reset to zero now, I will have to start all over again. Hopefully, this is just a glitch.

Mine was extended till January 2022 and my counter hasn't been zeroed. Original expiry date: July 2021
Probably, the glitch only applies to members whose new expiry date is April, May, June, July, August or September 2022.

Fims Apr 1, 2020 12:45 am

My status has been extended as well. Those IT glitches are likely sorted out later

craigthemif Apr 1, 2020 1:20 am

6 more months here as well.

Account still shows 100% for Elite Plus protection (year 1)

I already spent this year's E+ vouchers, but hopefully the next batch will be valid until the end of my E+ status.

axxoo25 Apr 1, 2020 3:54 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32253082)
Mine was extended till January 2022 and my counter hasn't been zeroed. Original expiry date: July 2021
Probably, the glitch only applies to members whose new expiry date is April, May, June, July, August or September 2022.

My status has been extend from 09/2021 to 03/2022.

It says, that I need almost 3k status miles to protect my status (I canceled 4 flight between 14.03.2020 and 22.03.2020). Otherwise I would have had flown those 3k miles already.. :(

Hopefully TK will extend also the current period, like for my case until 03/2021 to collect 3k instead until 09/2020.

AvidFlyer1990 Apr 1, 2020 4:12 am

6 more months for me as well! However, since I had already 're-qualified' / 'protected' my status, not too worried about that. I AM THANKFUL to TK for doing that, though.

So, will the requal period now begin at the end of the extended status validity period, or will it be the same: for example, if my requal period is from 31 Jan 2021 through to 31 Jan 2023, Will it now be 30th Jun 2021 to 30th Jun 2023 or 30th Jun 2021 through to 31 Jan 2023?

Also, I hope TK extends the validity of expiring miles as well!

YOW_RTW Apr 1, 2020 4:56 am

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 (Post 32253434)
So, will the requal period now begin at the end of the extended status validity period, or will it be the same: for example, if my requal period is from 31 Jan 2021 through to 31 Jan 2023, Will it now be 30th Jun 2021 to 30th Jun 2023 or 30th Jun 2021 through to 31 Jan 2023?

Based on the discussion/information on the Aegean Miles+Bonus FT forum, they are indicating that they were extended by 6 months also and the airline FAQ indicated that it will become the new anniversary date for the individual. We shall see if TK has a different approach.
As a data point, my status was extended by 6 months (Jan 21 to Jul 21). I was in my second year for protection. My status miles and the amount required to protect did not change following the extension, even though there were flights within the rolling 12-month window that could presumably have been re-calculated in the extension process.