Miles expiration extended?

Old Mar 24, 2020, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I believe there is big difference between IRROPS and rebooking due to flight/ routes being cancelled. In the latter situation I would expect TK only to rebook if award availability is present. I doubt that the current situation has made TK chance that.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: TK*G EP
I saw a post in a Turkish Travel facebook group. Somebody cancelled a ticket which was bought with miles expired on Dec 31st, 2019. He was told to send a feedback form with the ticket details. His expired miles were put back into his account with a expiration date of Aug 31st, 2020.

Message is in Turkish. He says that you have to push the agent really hard and send the feedback form 3-4 times.

Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:44 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
My 2 year Elite cyle ends on 31 March and I'm short of 3k status miles. Will go ahead and convert my bonus miles (1:5). I'm sure TK will take some action but in my case very unlikely for the month of March and even retrorespectively in the upcoming days.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by aircommodore
My 2 year Elite cyle ends on 31 March and I'm short of 3k status miles. Will go ahead and convert my bonus miles (1:5). I'm sure TK will take some action but in my case very unlikely for the month of March and even retrorespectively in the upcoming days.
Today or tomorrow, I don't think so. Maybe in the upcoming days or weeks depending on how this COVID-19 situation goes on.
If you are a M&S credit card holder, converting bonus miles would be a smart move.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:40 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
I really hope TK takes a cue from QR and extends the expiration of miles / elite status due to expire by the end of this year, by at least 6 months, if not 12 months!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
I really hope TK takes a cue from QR and extends the expiration of miles / elite status due to expire by the end of this year, by at least 6 months, if not 12 months!
We would all see how TK would react to this issue; today there is an online general board meeting at 14:00 GMT +3 but the main topic would be bureaucratic and economic stuff and board elections rather than passenger related stuff.

Source: ( Only in Turkish ) https://www.airlinehaber.com/thy-gen...m-maddesi-yok/

IMO, TK would wait until the decision for if they would resume flights on 17 April 2020 and they would wait for more airlines to announce their policies. Also, it's highly likely that something interim could be announced for members who have their status expiring in March, April, or maybe May rather than a long-term one.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:52 am

Hi guys,

I asked this exact question to Miles&Smiles Help and yesterday I got this exact reply:

Unfortunately, due to the epidemic, the effect of which has been felt all over the world, a number of restrictions were imposed on our flights. Accordingly, we would like to share that a special assessment can be made for our passengers who cannot protect their membership level and that we will inform our members in the future.
nacho, DaveS and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Any news on miles due to expire?
Old Apr 17, 2020, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 336
Any news on miles due to expire?
Not yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.