Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK sales office that answers the phone?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 2:31 am
Original Poster

TK sales office that answers the phone?

I'm trying to change a flight for next week. I'd like to do it as soon as possible. The TK call center has told me that only a sales/ticketing office can make the change I need.

Can anyone suggest a TK ticketing office that answers the phone and might be able to make changes today? The ticket is TLV-IST-LAX and I'd like to change to TLV-IST-ORD. If possible, I'd like to have the upgrade voucher transferred, but that is secondary at this point.

In the past, I've emailed with the TLV sales office, which has given good service, but they usually respond to emails only once/day, so things can take a few days to actually happen. They don't answer the phone. I've tried a few offices in the US that also haven't answered.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 4:35 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I've had good success with the Sydney office. They are lovely ladies - be kind to them and I hope they will be able to help. Details are: +61 2 9255 9900

Email: [email protected]
Fax: +61 2 9255 9911

Working hours
weekdays 09:00-17:00 (Sydney GMT +10)
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:47 am

Please note that with the Coronavirus outbreak many agencies that would be very responsive to calls and emails can’t currently handle their work volumes.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: Northwest, United
I’ve had to contact TK several times in the past few days while in Turkey. I’ve called the main number for Turkey (I presume it’s in Istanbul, not sure). I was able to get through pretty easily, hold times were brief and agents were generally helpful. Good luck.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I’ve had to contact TK several times in the past few days while in Turkey. I’ve called the main number for Turkey (I presume it’s in Istanbul, not sure). I was able to get through pretty easily, hold times were brief and agents were generally helpful. Good luck.
+90 212 444 0849 or +90 850 333 0849 are the main hotline numbers in Turkey. It's not a number of one of the sales offices.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:19 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Am wondering if there is any update on who to call - I have a problem that the hotline says they can't deal with (they suggested to speak to support) with a paid ticket... so I need a sales offices to pick up (I am in Asia, HK):
  • Hong Kong.... no answer on a few tries. The number gets into a "choose your number" menu, then I can choose ticketing but nobody picks up, after 5 minutes the menu resets and I have to reselect
  • The Sydney number above disconnects, and seems to imply you need to call the main hotline with a recorded message before
  • I tried US/UK last night (my time, afternoon UK, morning USA) and got a busy message and disconnection... and again it did sound pretty much like the main contact centre to be honest
  • Russia: Number appears to be disconnected (could just be Skype blocking this now)
I realise there are about 30 countries and with timezones and my skype subscription would soon start to run out, but would welcome any thoughts or recommendations? I need to speak in English.

Last edited by littlevoices; Jun 14, 2022 at 12:47 am Reason: clarified HK no answers
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Try to send email.
asnovici and littlevoices like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 6:20 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
With TLV sales office, you may have some luck (but be prepared for long wait time).
+972 3-6945919
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:46 am

Try the German number

+49 6986799849

then press 1
for the first 30 seconds you wil listen to an ad for www.turkishairinesholidays.com

and after that you can press 1, if you are an M&S-member.. if not, press 2
Old Jun 14, 2022, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by littlevoices
Am wondering if there is any update on who to call - I have a problem that the hotline says they can't deal with (they suggested to speak to support) with a paid ticket... so I need a sales offices to pick up (I am in Asia, HK):
  • Hong Kong.... no answer on a few tries. The number gets into a "choose your number" menu, then I can choose ticketing but nobody picks up, after 5 minutes the menu resets and I have to reselect
  • The Sydney number above disconnects, and seems to imply you need to call the main hotline with a recorded message before
  • I tried US/UK last night (my time, afternoon UK, morning USA) and got a busy message and disconnection... and again it did sound pretty much like the main contact centre to be honest
  • Russia: Number appears to be disconnected (could just be Skype blocking this now)
I realise there are about 30 countries and with timezones and my skype subscription would soon start to run out, but would welcome any thoughts or recommendations? I need to speak in English.
Did you try Singapore? I usually email them but they do usually answer the phone the odd time I've called. UK numbers are the call centre, I don't think it's possible to call any sales offices there
Old Jun 15, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Try to send email.
So to help others in the future: Email was the one that worked in the end, who would have thought so thanks for the tip SK AAR. I used the sales office in my home city (Hong Kong) and found their email.... so despite them never picking up the phone they did respond to my email within 5 working hours and were able to fix it the same day.

Unfortunately I didn't get the date I wanted exactly as a result of the delay in being able to get someone to help, but I learnt something valuable for Turkish Airlines, i.e. it appears that email is more effective than the phone (who would have thought). Thanks for all the other hints everyone gave, I decided I would try all these offices the day after the email, but never needed to in the end. By them fixing it, rather than accepting a cancellation I probably saved myself USD1000 for booking new tickets, and the inconvenience of 2 flight separate flight tickets.

To summarise my other attempts, I had also tried to address this via the customer services email at the suggestion of an agent: But they seemed to completely ignore the question, though they did respond within 1 working day, where their SLA said 5-10 days.
sammyg901 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 6:23 pm

It seems all phone numbers go to the central call center!!
Old Feb 13, 2024, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, you need to contact by email.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 12:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
There are some sales offices that are theoretically reachable by phone, such as LAX, at least as of a couple of months ago. Whether they pick up or not is a different story--I think I had to call at least half a dozen times before I could get someone at that office to pick up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.