Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK flight to KIX in Business not for sale but 17 seats on EF...

Old Mar 1, 20, 8:05 am
formerly Wilko Pali Sedef
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+

I'm flying CDG-IST-KIX R/T & the return flight KIX-IST on 14 May doesn't seem to be for sale in Business Class despite 17 open seats on the Expert Flyer seat map, should I be worried? The flight shows up when searching economy but not business...
Old Mar 1, 20, 11:48 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
there is no TK flight to KIX

EDIT: Sorry my bad, i just checked it, looks like TK is flying to Osaka again ?
I wanted to fly last winter that route, it wasnt available

Last edited by cln; Mar 1, 20 at 12:01 pm
Old Mar 1, 20, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cln View Post
there is no TK flight to KIX

EDIT: Sorry my bad, i just checked it, looks like TK is flying to Osaka again ?
I wanted to fly last winter that route, it wasnt available
It's starting again April 12
Old Mar 1, 20, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Open seats doesn't mean that they aren't sold... Many people can't be bothered to pre-select seats in general, much less J where many seats are assumed to be equally fine...
Squalusss likes this.
Old Mar 1, 20, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
Open seats doesn't mean that they aren't sold... Many people can't be bothered to pre-select seats in general, much less J where many seats are assumed to be equally fine...
Thanks but with the current situation in Japan, and being a TK user for 8 years now I don't believe the flight to be full. I'm more inclined towards a TK glitch but still worries me.
Old Mar 2, 20, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AirCanada881 View Post
Thanks but with the current situation in Japan, and being a TK user for 8 years now I don't believe the flight to be full. I'm more inclined towards a TK glitch but still worries me.
I can certainly see that - especially if TK have heard of a possible Turkey ban on travel to/from Japan -, but I can't think of a reason why TK would only sell Y seats.
Old Mar 2, 20, 5:06 am

Programs: BA OWS, A3*G
Originally Posted by AirCanada881 View Post
As mentioned above, the seat map never tells the whole story, especially this far in advance. However ExpertFlyer is also showing this fare bucket availability for your flight:
So for whatever reason, even if it's just some intern screwing up, they're not currently selling any business class tickets for that flight. Looking at other flights that week, Mon&Fri have considerable availability across all non-I buckets in business, while Tue&Thu have none. All the while economy tickets in all non-G buckets are available on all four flights that week. There's no way to force them to open availability in a bucket.

I would dare speculate there's a possibility they might be considering reducing service from 4pw to 2pw due to the current situation/lower demand than expected, and preemptively don't want having to reaccommodate additional business passengers if they end up deciding to reduce service.

As noted above, there is availability on the 15th of May if that happens to be of any use to you.
Old Mar 6, 20, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Just checked this morning & the flight on the 14th is bookable again in business.
LiHS likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: