Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus: Flight cancellations and entry restrictions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
As 7 November 2020, The options if your travel is affected and the informations about refunds parts are moved to the new guide thread specific to the topic.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2028156-guide-thread-cv-19-ticketing-changes-rebooking-cancellation-open-ticket-options.html

PLEASE LOOK AT THIS LINK TO FIND INFORMATION ABOUT SALES OFFICES AND TK HOTLINE NUMBERS.

Up to date info on TK cancellations and refund/re-booking conditions: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-be/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/

This thread would continue to provide information about potential border closures, major schedule changes, and any restrictions on TK flights in the future.

Given the fast moving situation please check the TK website. Information in this thread is just guidance and may not be complete or already outdated.

The current situation is stressful and worrying for many of us, please remain friendly and calm. FT members can only give suggestions, they are not representatives of Turkish Airlines.

CURRENT SITUATION ABOUT CORONAVIRUS RELATED RESTRICTIONS

TK and AnadoluJet have resumed domestic flights on 1 June 2020. Almost all domestic routes have been resumed with reduced frequencies.
TK and AnadoluJet have resumed international flights on 11 June 2020. Please consider the short-haul operations and long-haul operations threads for more details on operating routes.

* Be aware that restrictions may change at any time. Please keep in touch with the information of missions in Turkey and information on the Turkish Airlines website if you're planning to travel in the upcoming days/weeks.

Currently there are no restrictions to enter Turkey or to transfer at Turkey. There is also no COVID test requirement for both entering Turkey and transit ( unless you are departing from Pakistan or your arrival country asks for one ) and no quarantine upon entering Turkey.

Some countries have not opened their airports for passenger flights from/to Turkey so Turkish Airlines is not operating to all of their destinations. More information could be found in the respective threads.

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus: Flight cancellations and entry restrictions

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
From latest TK email:

Starting from May 15, 2021, PCR test results will not be requested from our passengers travelling to Turkey from Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, South Korea, Israel, Japan, United Kingdom, Latvia, Luxemburg, Ukraine and Estonia.
Sadly the UK has added Turkey to its red list, making entry to the UK from Turkey very difficult.

Last edited by DaveS; May 7, 2021 at 10:27 am
Old May 12, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Does anyone know if the restriction for anyone having been in South Africa in the previous 10 days applies to transit?

We are travelling to South Africa then Greece, and our route back to the US is ATH-IST-EWR, with short transit in IST.

The IATA website shows that quarantine is required for 14 days if you've been to RSA recently. Can't find any information if we would be ok to transit, though...
Old May 12, 2021, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by jeffers
Does anyone know if the restriction for anyone having been in South Africa in the previous 10 days applies to transit?

We are travelling to South Africa then Greece, and our route back to the US is ATH-IST-EWR, with short transit in IST.

The IATA website shows that quarantine is required for 14 days if you've been to RSA recently. Can't find any information if we would be ok to transit, though...
No restrictions for transit, although you would need to stay in the transit area during your entire layover in Turkey.
jeffers likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Would there be any special rules for flights ex-CAI? I'm flying CAI-IST-HEL and will take the PCR on arrival at HEL, as per IATA rules. I know this works, as I did so on DXB-IST-HEL last month However, I started worrying about Egypt perhaps having some rules of their own, like not allowing untested people in the terminal or what not. Would anyone know about this?

TK used to have a special rule whereby they required everyone in Pakistan to get tested before boarding, which came as a surprise to me, and I wouldn't want my flight home postponed this time...
Old May 12, 2021, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
Would there be any special rules for flights ex-CAI? I'm flying CAI-IST-HEL and will take the PCR on arrival at HEL, as per IATA rules. I know this works, as I did so on DXB-IST-HEL last month However, I started worrying about Egypt perhaps having some rules of their own, like not allowing untested people in the terminal or what not. Would anyone know about this?

TK used to have a special rule whereby they required everyone in Pakistan to get tested before boarding, which came as a surprise to me, and I wouldn't want my flight home postponed this time...
TK does not have any specific COVID test requirement for passengers departing from Egypt, nor Egypt has a country-wide requirement for international departing passengers to have a negative COVID-19 test certificate.

If Finland is OK with test on arrival, that would be enough.
ffay005 and DaveS like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Thanks, gives me peace of mind!
Old May 12, 2021, 5:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
No restrictions for transit, although you would need to stay in the transit area during your entire layover in Turkey.
Great, I thought so but wanted to be sure. Thanks!
Old May 16, 2021, 11:10 am

Plans for June onwards (PCR for entry)

Any news/rumors on the plans for PCR tests for entry starting June 1st? Should we expect test-free entry like last year?
The current rule is set to expire on May 31st...
Old May 16, 2021, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by klanfa
Any news/rumors on the plans for PCR tests for entry starting June 1st? Should we expect test-free entry like last year?
The current rule is set to expire on May 31st...
Nothing yet announced for June and onwards.
klanfa likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: QF gold, AF/KL platinum, exMA gold :( exSK gold
Would anyone be kind to write me about TK IST-BUD requirements?
Do I need to have a negative PCR test to board the TK flight? Hungary doesn't request from returning residents any kind of test. Flight is on 25 May.
Old May 16, 2021, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHKE
Would anyone be kind to write me about TK IST-BUD requirements?
Do I need to have a negative PCR test to board the TK flight? Hungary doesn't request from returning residents any kind of test. Flight is on 25 May.
TK follows the requirement of the destination country and they do not have their own COVID test requirements.
If you don't need a test to enter Hungary, you wouldn't need a test to board your IST-BUD flight.
LHKE likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 7:59 am

Is Turkish flying to South Africa right now? I've received 4 different answers so far:

- Yes (Aeroplan CPT-IST-JFK booking "confirmed" in 2 weeks)
- No (Turkish airlines website)
- No (Turkish airlines twitter)
- Yes (flightaware tracking history for TK45)
Old May 23, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by metzgersdog26
Is Turkish flying to South Africa right now? I've received 4 different answers so far:

- Yes (Aeroplan CPT-IST-JFK booking "confirmed" in 2 weeks)
- No (Turkish airlines website)
- No (Turkish airlines twitter)
- Yes (flightaware tracking history for TK45)
Yes, TK is flying currently to/from South Africa. Even Timatic has false information about suspension of South Africa and Brazil flights to/from Turkey.
TK website shows flights and sales the tickets from CPT, so I do not understand how you got the "No" answer from TK website.
Flightradar24 also shows the TK45 flights.
Old May 23, 2021, 10:41 am

Thanks for confirming! Emirates extended their travel ban and cancelled our original booking, so very limited options for flying out
Old May 23, 2021, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Yes, TK is flying currently to/from South Africa. Even Timatic has false information about suspension of South Africa and Brazil flights to/from Turkey.
TK website shows flights and sales the tickets from CPT, so I do not understand how you got the "No" answer from TK website.
Flightradar24 also shows the TK45 flights.
Just to clarify, the translation on TIMATIC is not perfect but the suspension of flights from South Africa and Brazil are actually active for passengers ending for their journey in Turkey. Turkish Airlines could only accept passengers transitting a to a third-country at IST on those flights ( including CPT-IST ) and passengers ending their journey in a Turkish airport and not transferring to a third-country would be denied boarding.
DaveS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.