Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Anyone traveling via Turkish Airlines in the next 3 months?

Anyone traveling via Turkish Airlines in the next 3 months?

Old Feb 24, 20, 9:43 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 3
Anyone traveling via Turkish Airlines in the next 3 months?

I misplaced something in one of my Turkish airlines flight last week and the lost and found department at Istanbul airport confirmed they found it. But there is no easy way to get the time back to the US.

If anyone who is flying Turkish airlines in the next 3 months and is willing to pickup my stuff from the airport that'd be really helpful. After 3 months they would dispose my stuff sadly.

I can provide a prepaid shipping label to be used once back in the US so I can receive it.

Thanks in advance.
Brijen Raval is offline  
Old Feb 24, 20, 11:45 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Posts: 7,379
Originally Posted by Brijen Raval View Post
I misplaced something in one of my Turkish airlines flight last week and the lost and found department at Istanbul airport confirmed they found it. But there is no easy way to get the time back to the US.

If anyone who is flying Turkish airlines in the next 3 months and is willing to pickup my stuff from the airport that'd be really helpful. After 3 months they would dispose my stuff sadly.

I can provide a prepaid shipping label to be used once back in the US so I can receive it.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Brijen Raval and welcome to FlyerTalk!

For more help, you could consult the orange part of the WIKI of this thread.
I have also sent you a PM.
ISTFlyer is online now  
Old Feb 24, 20, 1:43 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: M&S
Posts: 37
Super funny post ..shortcut to get in trouble , suddenly you find yourself in jail for next 20 years :-D

no risk no fun :-D
mandilmos is offline  
Old Feb 24, 20, 7:14 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by mandilmos View Post
Super funny post ..shortcut to get in trouble , suddenly you find yourself in jail for next 20 years :-D

no risk no fun :-D

It's a pillow 😂
Brijen Raval is offline  
Old Feb 25, 20, 4:10 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: M&S
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by Brijen Raval View Post
It's a pillow 😂

pillow is not creative,

People are carrying currency bills in a peanut shell in india, I call it creative

mandilmos is offline  
Old Feb 25, 20, 6:37 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: zurich
Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Posts: 451
such a drama for a pillow....is it filled with dollar notes?
northernstar84 is offline  
Old Feb 25, 20, 9:32 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by northernstar84 View Post
such a drama for a pillow....is it filled with dollar notes?
Filled with dramatic photos of you *wink wink*
Brijen Raval is offline  
Old Feb 25, 20, 8:49 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NCL and LBA
Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Posts: 3,026
if You’re a fan of the movie midnight express this could be a great way to get the experience for real!
northernstar84 and Edvard like this.
pogonation is offline  
Old Feb 26, 20, 5:15 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 269
When you go to pick up something at lost and found they require identification to prove that it was you that lost the item so I don't think your plan will work, not to mention the concerns noted above.
britinva79 is offline  
Old Feb 26, 20, 5:21 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, SW Florida, and Toronto
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Posts: 28,626
Seems like a lot of effort and drama for a pillow.
LondonElite is offline  
Old Feb 26, 20, 7:57 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Posts: 13,565
Originally Posted by britinva79 View Post
When you go to pick up something at lost and found they require identification to prove that it was you that lost the item so I don't think your plan will work, not to mention the concerns noted above.
Worked for my mobile phone, left airside in the lounge. Of course TK couldn't find it, but an Istanbul friend took a trip out to the airport and located it in the lost & found within minutes

I was surprised they just handed it over to him, maybe he simply claimed it as his own. But I was insanely grateful as he got it into the DHL system the following day.
ISTFlyer likes this.
IAN-UK is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: