FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Anyone traveling via Turkish Airlines in the next 3 months? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2010373-anyone-traveling-via-turkish-airlines-next-3-months.html)

Brijen Raval Feb 24, 2020 8:43 am

Anyone traveling via Turkish Airlines in the next 3 months?

I misplaced something in one of my Turkish airlines flight last week and the lost and found department at Istanbul airport confirmed they found it. But there is no easy way to get the time back to the US.

If anyone who is flying Turkish airlines in the next 3 months and is willing to pickup my stuff from the airport that'd be really helpful. After 3 months they would dispose my stuff sadly.

I can provide a prepaid shipping label to be used once back in the US so I can receive it.

Thanks in advance.

ISTFlyer Feb 24, 2020 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Brijen Raval (Post 32107010)
I misplaced something in one of my Turkish airlines flight last week and the lost and found department at Istanbul airport confirmed they found it. But there is no easy way to get the time back to the US.

If anyone who is flying Turkish airlines in the next 3 months and is willing to pickup my stuff from the airport that'd be really helpful. After 3 months they would dispose my stuff sadly.

I can provide a prepaid shipping label to be used once back in the US so I can receive it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Brijen Raval and welcome to FlyerTalk!

For more help, you could consult the orange part of the WIKI of this thread.
I have also sent you a PM.

mandilmos Feb 24, 2020 12:43 pm

Super funny post ..shortcut to get in trouble , suddenly you find yourself in jail for next 20 years :-D

no risk no fun :-D

Brijen Raval Feb 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by mandilmos (Post 32107995)
Super funny post ..shortcut to get in trouble , suddenly you find yourself in jail for next 20 years :-D

no risk no fun :-D

It's a pillow 😂

mandilmos Feb 25, 2020 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Brijen Raval (Post 32109139)
It's a pillow 😂

pillow is not creative,

People are carrying currency bills in a peanut shell in india, I call it creative

:D

northernstar84 Feb 25, 2020 5:37 am

such a drama for a pillow....is it filled with dollar notes?

Brijen Raval Feb 25, 2020 8:32 am

Originally Posted by northernstar84 (Post 32110547)
such a drama for a pillow....is it filled with dollar notes?

Filled with dramatic photos of you *wink wink*

pogonation Feb 25, 2020 7:49 pm

if You’re a fan of the movie midnight express this could be a great way to get the experience for real!

britinva79 Feb 26, 2020 4:15 am

When you go to pick up something at lost and found they require identification to prove that it was you that lost the item so I don't think your plan will work, not to mention the concerns noted above.

LondonElite Feb 26, 2020 4:21 am

Seems like a lot of effort and drama for a pillow.

IAN-UK Feb 26, 2020 6:57 am

Originally Posted by britinva79 (Post 32114431)
When you go to pick up something at lost and found they require identification to prove that it was you that lost the item so I don't think your plan will work, not to mention the concerns noted above.

Worked for my mobile phone, left airside in the lounge. Of course TK couldn't find it, but an Istanbul friend took a trip out to the airport and located it in the lost & found within minutes

I was surprised they just handed it over to him, maybe he simply claimed it as his own. But I was insanely grateful as he got it into the DHL system the following day.