Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

J available on each segment separately but not together

Old Feb 16, 2020, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+

I'm encountering this strange effect on various searches. E.g looking at BUD-IST-CMB departing 3/11 8:10pm arriving 3/12 3:15pm.
According to Expertflyer:
BUD-IST on its own has 4 J available.
IST-CMB on its own has 1 J available.
BUD-IST-CMB has 0 J available for each segment.. same exact flights.

For clarity, I mean the specific J booking class.

What am I missing here?
And would the individual segment availability in J mean that such segments booked in Y should be eligible for an E+ voucher upgrade? Or does J needs to be jointly available for the entire route?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 8:19 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by bamba70
I'm encountering this strange effect on various searches. E.g looking at BUD-IST-CMB departing 3/11 8:10pm arriving 3/12 3:15pm.
According to Expertflyer:
BUD-IST on its own has 4 J available.
IST-CMB on its own has 1 J available.
BUD-IST-CMB has 0 J available for each segment.. same exact flights.

For clarity, I mean the specific J booking class.

What am I missing here?
And would the individual segment availability in J mean that such segments booked in Y should be eligible for an E+ voucher upgrade? Or does J needs to be jointly available for the entire route?
J needs to be jointly available. Married segments applies.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Check the TK website for BUD-IST-CMB before you go rushing to assume that the ExpertFlyer information is correct.

And if you are willing to book via a US OTA for the 24-hour cancellation, you could still try for an E+ upgrade - and cancel if it can't be done.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Check the TK website for BUD-IST-CMB before you go rushing to assume that the ExpertFlyer information is correct.
How would I check on the TK site if specifically J is available? I don't recall seeing booking class search options there.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Check the Tk website again!

If you click on the suggested flights to see the details of the flights etc - it will also show you the booking class.

I just checked for you. For 3/11 TK is only willing to sell an expensive C class fare for BUD-CMB. As stated above it is called married segments, which TK masters to perfection. "Been there done that" too many times...

Last edited by SK AAR; Feb 17, 2020 at 2:50 am
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Check the Tk website again!

If you click on the suggested flights to see the details of the flights etc - it will also show you the booking class.

I just checked for you. For 3/11 TK is only willing to sell an expensive C class fare for BUD-CMB. As stated above it is called married segments, which TK masters to perfection. "Been there done that" too many times...
Yep, same here... I also had my adventures with this The question is just if the married segment logic on TK is really "mastering to perfection" or "total randomness"
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
The only source of truth, regarding J availability is thy.com on regular web.

I'm saying this because even the app is showing incorrect/incomplete options.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vincewy
The only source of truth, regarding J availability is thy.com on regular web.

I'm saying this because even the app is showing incorrect/incomplete options.
I see.. and yet, do you normally start by searching broadly with Expertflyer and then just verify that whatever you found actually matches on thy.com?
Or is that pretty much useless, and it's better to directly and tediously search day by day on thy.com ?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bamba70
I see.. and yet, do you normally start by searching broadly with Expertflyer and then just verify that whatever you found actually matches on thy.com?
Or is that pretty much useless, and it's better to directly and tediously search day by day on thy.com ?
If the EF alerts or searches are more convenient for you, then it can save some time because you won't otherwise bother to check TK unless EF comes back positive.

But otherwise you're simply duplicating effort since you will always need to double-check with TK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.