check in time @AUH

Old Feb 12, 20, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
check in time @AUH

I'm flying out of AUH soon, with a flight departure of 02:20 hours . I would like to use the airport lounge through Priority Pass, or perhaps through my business class ticket, for a relatively long wait, if possible. But I see that TK only opens check in two hours before departure at AUH, according to Google. Is this correct?

If so, could I check in online, (I have no bags to check), and then enter the airside at AUH using a boarding pass on my mobile phone?
Old Feb 12, 20, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
No mobile boarding pass or kiosk check-in, I'm afraid.
Generally, check-in at outstations open 3 hours before departure. However, I am not sure about AUH.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...ons/index.html
Old Feb 12, 20, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
No mobile boarding pass or kiosk check-in, I'm afraid.
Generally, check-in at outstations open 3 hours before departure. However, I am not sure about AUH.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...ons/index.html
Thanks. What is the difference between mobile check in and mobile boarding pass in the table that you have linked to? Should I still do online or mobile check in, even if it does not offer a boarding pass?
Old Feb 13, 20, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive,Frontier 20k,All Silver,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof View Post
Thanks. What is the difference between mobile check in and mobile boarding pass in the table that you have linked to? Should I still do online or mobile check in, even if it does not offer a boarding pass?
Mobile check-in -> Online check-in via the TK mobile app
Mobile boarding pass -> Boarding pass on your phone with a QR code
Old Feb 16, 20, 1:18 am
Original Poster

To close out this thread, I got to AUH around 11:30 pm and the Turkish Airlines counter was open, and not particularly crowded. Even though I got a mobile boarding pass for my connecting leg from IST, I was given paper boarding passes for both flight segments, plus a pass to the airside lounge.

Search this Thread