Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

EP Limitless Internet turned into 400MB. Is this new?

Old Jan 22, 20, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G EP

I am EP and fly regularly to the US or other long haul destinations. Every month. Sometimes two times a month.

I've always used my free wifi in economy without any problems. This time, on Jan 20th flight on IST-LAX, I couldn't log on after some hours. It prompted "you reached your session limit". One crew member said there was a problem with Elite/Elite+ users using internet. She took my name and TK number.

Today I received this email saying they are sorry etc. But this part is interesting.

"Ustelik Elite Plus bir Łyemiz olarak, Economy Classíta seyahat etseniz dahi, sunduğumuz internet hizmetinden kotalı ( 400 MB ) olarak faydalanma imk‚nına sahipsiniz."

While you are flying on Economy as EP, you can use internet with a limit of 400MB.

i dont think I've used that much to reach and over the limit but I didn't even know that there was a limit anyway. Interesting.
Squalusss, ISTFlyer and gr8pirate like this.
Old Jan 22, 20, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by rozy View Post
I am EP and fly regularly to the US or other long haul destinations. Every month. Sometimes two times a month.

I've always used my free wifi in economy without any problems. This time, on Jan 20th flight on IST-LAX, I couldn't log on after some hours. It prompted "you reached your session limit". One crew member said there was a problem with Elite/Elite+ users using internet. She took my name and TK number.

Today I received this email saying they are sorry etc. But this part is interesting.

"Ustelik Elite Plus bir Łyemiz olarak, Economy Classíta seyahat etseniz dahi, sunduğumuz internet hizmetinden kotalı ( 400 MB ) olarak faydalanma imk‚nına sahipsiniz."

While you are flying on Economy as EP, you can use internet with a limit of 400MB.

i dont think I've used that much to reach and over the limit but I didn't even know that there was a limit anyway. Interesting.
On Jan 20, the Internet in Turkey (TTNET) crashed, and thatís probably why you couldnít connect to the Internet. I couldnít either when I was flying IST-IAD in the 20th until 6 pm Turkish time.

I have seen the limit as well. It was 400 mb for E+ and 1 gb for business class.
rozy likes this.
Old Jan 22, 20, 12:51 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Interesting; I haven't seen the limit before; nice to know. Thank you rozy
rozy likes this.
Old Jan 22, 20, 1:38 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
This is news to me. Maybe I never went over the limit, not like the connection really works for anything but basic things.

Get in touch if you need anything around LAX, rozy !
rozy likes this.
Old Jan 22, 20, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post
This is news to me. Maybe I never went over the limit, not like the connection really works for anything but basic things.

Get in touch if you need anything around LAX, rozy !
As soon as you connect to the Internet, you would see the limit shown. So, you donít have to go over the limit to see that there is a limit now. I think thatís new as January 6 was the first time I saw it. Maybe started in 2020?
rozy likes this.
Old Jan 22, 20, 6:18 pm

Programs: TK E+
Nice to know.

I encountered the same session limit problem on 09.01 as EP in biz, and the same I didn't think I reached that much as 1gb. In a few days I will have my return trip and check if I can get a screenshot of the data usage limit.
Old Jan 23, 20, 12:55 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by max_kolesne View Post
On Jan 20, the Internet in Turkey (TTNET) crashed, and thatís probably why you couldnít connect to the Internet. I couldnít either when I was flying IST-IAD in the 20th until 6 pm Turkish time.

I have seen the limit as well. It was 400 mb for E+ and 1 gb for business class.
This is interesting! Never knew that the limit existed, though, I guess I was always under the 1 gb mark. Question: do you know if 1 gb is for all business class or only for Elite / ELPL in business?
Old Jan 23, 20, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
I'm going to ruin my geek credentials here ...

..but do the 400mb/1gb limits cover sporadic Whatsapp messaging and email access over ten hours or so?
Old Jan 23, 20, 3:41 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post

..but do the 400mb/1gb limits cover sporadic Whatsapp messaging and email access over ten hours or so?
It's more than enough
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 23, 20, 5:55 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post

As starflyergold mentioned, it's high enough for WhatsApp messaging; however, you might exceed the limit if you constantly use Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook as they all download high-quality photos.

Also, listening to music via Spotify, Fizy, Pandora, etc... ( excluding downloaded music ) or downloading movies or TV shows will exceed the limit.
Old Jan 23, 20, 8:52 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
One of the questions that came up on the x2/x3 miles promotion at the end of last year was about the data limit for EP. The correct answer then was Unlimited. So this limit must be new this year,
Old Jan 28, 20, 7:47 am

Programs: TK E+
Just confirmed the 1GB for C class.

ISTFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: