Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Mileage accrual/optimization on UA and LH codeshares

Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB, TK, SU

Hi everyone,

I have the following flights coming up and would like to see what I can get out of it in terms of TK miles.

FRU-IST: TK347, H-class
IST-FRA: UA6900 operated by TK, U-class
FRA-IAD: UA933, U-class
JFK-FRA: UA8842 operated by LH, L-class
FRA-ALA: UA9116 operated by LH, L-class.

The ticket was booked for me by a travel agent, and it's under "Fly America" rules, which is why the route is rather circuitous - there is no UA codeshare for the more obvious IST-IAD flight on TK7, which would have been straighter and also on TK's new 787.

I have a hunch that the ticket as is is not really good for much in terms of miles, but I don't understand the TK mileage accrual rules for UA and for U- and L-class. Also I'm not opposed to changing/upgrading some of the segments at my own (reasonable) cost if it nets some miles where otherwise there would be none.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
There's no way of knowing what the codeshares will earn you, as the operating carrier will have a different fare class for it. Probably 25% of miles flown.

Check out wheretocredit.com for the non codeshares
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB, TK, SU
Originally Posted by craigthemif
There's no way of knowing what the codeshares will earn you, as the operating carrier will have a different fare class for it.
This mapping is exactly what I'm interested in.
For example, I read somewhere that UA L-class on codeshares will yield 0% mileage accrual. If this is so, I would like to avoid it and try to upgrade at least to Premium economy.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Look at w-t-c as is they map 1 to 1. But they may not map 1 to 1
Really you will only know after the flights. Unless others have direct experience.

https://www.wheretocredit.com/lufthansa/l
https://www.wheretocredit.com/turkish-airlines/u

But better to look at the UA web site for partners airlines
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
You are right, LH L fare class is a huge ZERO on Miles&Smiles.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:28 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You are right, LH L fare class is a huge ZERO on Miles&Smiles.
As does LH 'P', which has always been a head-scratcher for me considering LH's most premium economy fare classes earn 100% or more in TK's M&S program.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.