Wiki Posts
Search

How long earned miles are valid?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2019, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

How long earned miles are valid?

Hello,

This is rather a simple question. But I wasn't able to figure it out on TK's website. I appreciate quick answer from someone on this forum.

How long can I keep earned miles in a Miles&Smiles account? I don't have any status with TK. But I have some flown miles in my account. I thought it was 3 years. Am I correct? I am aware miles can be kept extra 3 years for some fees. But I am not talking about that. I would like to know the standard expiration date of the miles.

Thank you.
michaelmorio
Old Dec 10, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michaelmorio
This is rather a simple question. But I wasn't able to figure it out on TK's website. I appreciate quick answer from someone on this forum.

How long can I keep earned miles in a Miles&Smiles account? I don't have any status with TK. But I have some flown miles in my account. I thought it was 3 years. Am I correct? I am aware miles can be kept extra 3 years for some fees. But I am not talking about that. I would like to know the standard expiration date of the miles.
https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-u...ons/index.html
Validity of Miles Learn more >>
Miles may be collected throughout the year. Unless stated otherwise, Miles earned under the program (flight, hotel stay, car rental) expire at the end of the third full calendar year at 23:59 local time in Turkey following their processing.

A member may pay 10 dollars for every 1000 Miles that are about to expire to extend the validity of those Miles by another three years. Regardless of whether they are shown in an account summary, once Miles have expired, they cannot become valid once again. The validity of Miles will not be extended for any reason. Turkish Airlines does not guarantee that Miles can be used for the desired flight or travel dates.

Members will be informed of Miles about to expire on their account summary and will be invited to use them.

Miles must be used for ticketing before their expiration date; it is not enough to simply use them during reservations.
FT thread-->How to keep Turkish miles from expiring?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
31 December of the 3rd year following the miles being earned.

i.e. miles earned during 2019 are going to expire on 31 Dec, 2022.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Mwenenzi & craigthemif,

Thank you for your posts.

3 years, that's what I thought as well. I earned Turkish Airline miles for the first time this summer on a couple of TK flights. Then I have recently received email from them saying my miles are expiring soon. So I wanted to make sure about it.

What do you think? Did I receive the email by mistake? Or they are just sending such email randomly?

michaelmorio

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.