Versace amenity kits.

Old Nov 18, 19, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Gold, Asiana Club Diamond, THAI silver
Versace amenity kits.

The super famous amenity kit, first ever, from house of Versace!
Does anyone know how long will these kits be handed out?
Thank you very much.
Old Nov 18, 19, 1:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
No idea, about how long they would hand Versace ones but currently, they are handing out Versace branded personal amenity kits.
Old Nov 18, 19, 8:16 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
No idea, about how long they would hand Versace ones but currently, they are handing out Versace branded personal amenity kits.
I think they change the amenity kit vendor like once a year. I recall Porsche Design, Jaguar, Furla, Molton Brown, Acca Kappa, Christian Lacroix etc.
flyvirgin and Lefly like this.
Old Nov 19, 19, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
What is it about Versace? My partner was also "when are you next flying TK? I want one of those", when they usually end up as cases for chargers and cables...

I certainly would be able to bring home much better product from any stay at a really nice hotel...
Old Nov 19, 19, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
What is it about Versace? My partner was also "when are you next flying TK? I want one of those", when they usually end up as cases for chargers and cables...

I certainly would be able to bring home much better product from any stay at a really nice hotel...
Probably because it is a tier 1 brand. I have a trip on TK coming up and I got the same request from the gf. Going to try to call to request the ladies kit.
flyvirgin likes this.
Old Nov 19, 19, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by aceofangel View Post
Going to try to call to request the ladies kit.
The hotline agent won't even know that TK hands out Versace amenity kits to long haul Business Class passengers.
cloudzocker likes this.
Old Nov 20, 19, 3:32 am

Talking

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
The hotline agent won't even know that TK hands out Versace amenity kits to long haul Business Class passengers.
Haha agreed. I just plan to tell them to get me the ladies version. Anyway definitely not hopeful, just want to tell my gf I tried my best with a straight face.
Old Nov 20, 19, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
To be honest, there has to be something a bit more environmentally friendly than handing out amenity kits that many people open to grab the earplugs and little else... Are they re-used - i.e. refurbished with any missing bits replaced - rather than thrown in the bin after a flight?
Old Nov 20, 19, 6:51 am
formerly Wilko Pali Sedef

Programs: TK Elite+
I got two different kits on my last trip, a blue one between IST-DPS & a black one on SGN-IST 8 days later, was quite surprised, both Versace.
Old Nov 20, 19, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
To be honest, there has to be something a bit more environmentally friendly than handing out amenity kits that many people open to grab the earplugs and little else... Are they re-used - i.e. refurbished with any missing bits replaced - rather than thrown in the bin after a flight?
A fair number of them seem to crop up on ebay
Old Nov 20, 19, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
A fair number of them seem to crop up on ebay
I think I tried that with a JAL F kit full of Shiseido gear. I lost patience before somebody actually wanted to buy it...
Old Nov 20, 19, 9:52 am

I got the old non-Versace kits on BOS-IST and ORD-IST this month, told by staff that they still have quite a few of the old ones left...
Old Nov 20, 19, 10:48 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Platinum
I was traveling with a girlfriend last week on a 777, last row of J, they ran out of female version of the kit so they handed her the male version, without even saying anything. We asked if ladies had a different bag, they said yes but they ran out of it so they gave the blue one.

I think the female version's design is a lot better. I had asked for the female one on one of my trips and, was told that these kits are loaded based on the passenger gender distribution... if this is the case I'm not sure how my friend didn't get her beautiful bag, but was just given the ugly male bag
Old Nov 20, 19, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by flyjfk View Post
I was traveling with a girlfriend last week on a 777, last row of J, they ran out of female version of the kit so they handed her the male version, without even saying anything. We asked if ladies had a different bag, they said yes but they ran out of it so they gave the blue one.

I think the female version's design is a lot better. I had asked for the female one on one of my trips and, was told that these kits are loaded based on the passenger gender distribution... if this is the case I'm not sure how my friend didn't get her beautiful bag, but was just given the ugly male bag
I assume that on your trip last week, there might have last-minute upgrades or ticket sales to Business Class. That might be the reason behind the female version not being available when the crew arrived at your row. Seating at row 1 would increase your chance of getting one as they start distributing kits from the front to the rear.
Old Nov 20, 19, 1:58 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
https://www.worldshop.eu/en/page/upc...?p=qNOHec6_fp8 Lufthansa does but I am not sure if they do amenity kits as well.

Search this Thread