Versace amenity kits.

Old Nov 20, 19, 2:30 pm
formerly Wilko Pali Sedef

Programs: TK Elite+
Personally I think Singapore Airlines does it right they only distributes slippers and eyeshades. All the rest is available in the lavatories. Obviously it's not a very popular option I think alot of business travellers identify with the distribution of amenity kits as part of the premium experience but environmentally speaking I agree it's not the best option
craigthemif likes this.
Old Nov 22, 19, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Gold, Asiana Club Diamond, THAI silver

The brand's logo is very iconic and that is maybe why the female kit is more preferable to many as it contains this logo.

And yes, the brand is very well known, one reason is because of the tragic that happened to the founder, Gianni. This photo shows his sister, Donatella, with the world's top supermodels walking for the brand.
Old Nov 22, 19, 8:17 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
All these amenity kits are made by Formia under license deals with the respective brands.

Versace has never been near any of these kits, they are mass-manufactured off-shore, a logo is slapped on and random industrial-grade toileteries are stuffed inside.

I keep taking them but sooner or later, they end up with charities.
Old Nov 22, 19, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli View Post
All these amenity kits are made by Formia under license deals with the respective brands.

Versace has never been near any of these kits, they are mass-manufactured off-shore, a logo is slapped on and random industrial-grade toileteries are stuffed inside.

I keep taking them but sooner or later, they end up with charities.
That is correct, and they are all made in China actually. Even the other world-famous "Rimowa" amenity kit case are made in China, unlike the real luggage itself.
Anyhow, can I be your charity for all TK Versace amenity kits? That would be so kind of you.
Old Nov 23, 19, 2:50 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Platinum
Another data point, I was on IST-SFO yesterday sitting in the first row. They only had 4 or 5 female versions (they are REALLY nice!), and the rest was just male standard black version. The passenger next to me asked for the female one, he said "I'll give this to my wife". One of the cabin crew tried explaining that they only have a limited number of female ones, but then another one came and said, in Turkish, "just give it, there won't be enough female anyways".

It looks like they actually don't load these based on the gender distribution, they just load a few female ones (10-20%), and the rest is the male version. Bag design aside, it's just weird to give a male body mist/scent to female passengers :/
Old Nov 24, 19, 1:16 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), TK E (*G)
Originally Posted by flyjfk View Post
Another data point, I was on IST-SFO yesterday sitting in the first row. They only had 4 or 5 female versions (they are REALLY nice!), and the rest was just male standard black version. The passenger next to me asked for the female one, he said "I'll give this to my wife". One of the cabin crew tried explaining that they only have a limited number of female ones, but then another one came and said, in Turkish, "just give it, there won't be enough female anyways".

It looks like they actually don't load these based on the gender distribution, they just load a few female ones (10-20%), and the rest is the male version. Bag design aside, it's just weird to give a male body mist/scent to female passengers :/
Unless there is something more "valuable" in the female kit - like a bigger/sturdier hairbrush - the male one works anyway. There are also a lot of women that use male fragrances, by the way.

Last edited by Lefly; Nov 25, 19 at 12:43 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 24, 19, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyjfk View Post

For sure, have a look at the medusa logo above. It's very iconic and powerful. Only the female kits come with the medusa. And the color of the female kits are very attention-catching.
Well, having known how TK works I am so certain that they just load whichever kit they have/want. No gender counting as per passenger manifest.
Versace is for sure, not for minimalists. The brand is bold, daring, wild and always about making statements.

Be bold, be wild, don't be boring.
flyjfk likes this.
Old Nov 24, 19, 11:05 am

Fun event: we’ve sent some items in a TK economy class amenity bag to a consignment website. The consignment place thought we wanted to sell the bag as well. They’ve eventually sold the bag for $50.
Old Nov 27, 19, 7:22 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Originally Posted by flyvirgin View Post
Anyhow, can I be your charity for all TK Versace amenity kits? That would be so kind of you
If you pay for shipping and handling, then yes. Or you pick them up in ZRH and/or YUL.
Old Nov 27, 19, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli View Post
If you pay for shipping and handling, then yes. Or you pick them up in ZRH and/or YUL.
Thank you very much. You are so kind.
Please let me know how much the shipping cost, Swiss Post is totally fine for me.
Please declare it as gift with no cheapest value. I will dm you shortly.
Thanks again.
Old Nov 29, 19, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Miles and Smiles Elite / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire / SPG Gold
They are available on EBay !
Old Dec 3, 19, 1:42 am

The women kit in fucsia is... ewww. All pink shades for the amenities inside, included a shiny pink eye mask!
At least they made a black one too.
Old Dec 3, 19, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lefly View Post
The women kit in fucsia is... ewww. All pink shades for the amenities inside, included a shiny pink eye mask!
At least they made a black one too.
Seem like all the charity talk of mine has not come true.
If you are so kind, I'd be happy to take the fucsia women's bag....just the bag itself.
Thank you.
Old Dec 3, 19, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by flyvirgin View Post
Seem like all the charity talk of mine has not come true.
If you are so kind, I'd be happy to take the fucsia women's bag....just the bag itself.
Thank you.
I'm sorry, It's already allocated... my mother has very different tastes compared to mine

Search this Thread