Wiki Posts
Search

TK checked luggage delay

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
TK checked luggage delay

Hello. What is the policy of TK relating to checked luggage delay?
Arrived from ORD to IST with connecting flight to BAL; checked luggage was missing in IST, with report filed. Now more than 24 hours with only small hand luggage; TK provided complementary toiletries.
I will need to purchase a change of clothing and shoes. What is TK policy concerning reimbursement of such necessary replacements?
What about unexpected items such as return taxi fare to airport to retrieve bag when located?
Havas Ground Handlers for TK in BAL indicate that because of weekend, they cannot deliver the bag to me.
Any additional tips in my situation?
I am UA 1K Staralliance Gold if worth anything with TK.
Thanks for any input.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Good luck. If your bag is currently in Batman Airport, they would provide you nothing claiming that your bag arrived before 24 hours after your flight. ( Even if you state that Havaş can't deliver your bag in your complaint ).

If you want something ( compensation for clothes, etc... ), you would need to go to the court of law; I'm sorry but this is how TK baggage services work.
Once again, good luck.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Good luck. If your bag is currently in Batman Airport, they would provide you nothing claiming that your bag arrived before 24 hours after your flight. ( Even if you state that Havaş can't deliver your bag in your complaint ).

If you want something ( compensation for clothes, etc... ), you would need to go to the court of law; I'm sorry but this is how TK baggage services work.
Once again, good luck.
Your reply is just what I have learned to expect from TK. They claim now to still be looking for bag-- may be in IST somewhere
I still can't believe that Havas is stating that because it might be on weekend that bag arrives in BAL, they "can't forward bag to hotel".
Another THY OP failure.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
And also if they lose your bag don't expect a similar quality bag.
They would send a bag that you could buy for ₺300 ( $50-60 ) in Turkey.
It's so weird that even if they lose a Tumi, you would give you a bag of an unknown brand.

Also, the money that they would pay for the items inside would be a joke.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Do you have any kind of travel insurance via your credit card? It might be worthwhile to claim from them instead.

TK is not the worst - Eurowings "kidnapped (they found it 3 days but refused to deliver it until 17 days later)" my bag for 20 days (on 016 ticket award ticket) and I sent in my claim 4 months ago and a week ago they sent another email to request for the same information again. As it is inbound journey I can't claim any loss (I had to make interim purchases because Mr. had a trip 3 days after we got home).
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nacho
Do you have any kind of travel insurance via your credit card? It might be worthwhile to claim from them instead.

TK is not the worst - Eurowings "kidnapped (they found it 3 days but refused to deliver it until 17 days later)" my bag for 20 days (on 016 ticket award ticket) and I sent in my claim 4 months ago and a week ago they sent another email to request for the same information again. As it is inbound journey I can't claim any loss (I had to make interim purchases because Mr. had a trip 3 days after we got home).
I was looking into CC assistance with bag delay. I could only find baggage loss and pax delay but not simply baggage delay.

OP here. Update: 4 days of delay and TK "thinks the bag has now made it to DIY". They are making excuses as to why they are refusing to forward bag to me at hotel. Saga continues.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by cagcag
I was looking into CC assistance with bag delay. I could only find baggage loss and pax delay but not simply baggage delay.

OP here. Update: 4 days of delay and TK "thinks the bag has now made it to DIY". They are making excuses as to why they are refusing to forward bag to me at hotel. Saga continues.
Maybe not, but your CC ought to cover interim purchases which is still better than nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.