Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK Offering x2 or x3 status miles on all routes: October 2019

Old Oct 2, 19, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards

TK has started a new promo that would give x2 status miles for all long-haul routes and x3 status miles for all other routes regardless of flight or cabin. The only requirement is that the flight should be booked within 2 - 20 October 2019 and the flights should be between 2 October - 20 December 2019. Also, please pay attention that the upper limit of this promo is 12.000 miles and notice that the miles would be credited until 31 January 2020.

My advice would be that for people having their status expiring before February 2020 to think one more time as when they are downgraded before the mileage credits to their account, dealing with TK with a feedback form when extra promo miles have not been credited could be a pain.

In addition, if you want to benefit from this campaign, do not attempt to use benefits from another *A program during your flight and do not enter any other FQTV number at the booking system. Miles obtained via the retroclaim option would not give extra status miles.
Example Case: For a passenger holding non-TK*G and TK*S and flying TK to upgrade his status to Elite; do not try to enter the lounge, do noy use your extra baggage allowance, etc... which come from your non-TK-*G FQTV card. If mistakenly an agent links your non-TK*G card to your reservation and you would need to retroclaim those miles, you won't get the extra miles.

The T&C:

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...tr&utm_term=tr

Terms and conditions

• The offer is valid for tickets issued between 2 October 2019 - 20 October 2019, with travel dates between 2 October 2019 - 20 December 2019.
  • The offer is valid on one-way or round trip flights in Business Class or Economy class from/to our all network routes.
  • Within the scope of the special offer, an additional Status Miles for United States, China, South Korea, India, Taiwan-China, Canada, Pakistan, Japan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Brazil, Niger, South Africa, Argentina, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Uzbekistan, Singapore, Kyrgyz Republic, Vietnam, Bangldesh, Colombia, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Cameroon, Kenya, Benin, Mongolia, Ghana, Nepal, Senegal, Mauritius, Mali, Gabonese Republic, Cote díIvoire, Mexico, Niger, Congo, Ethiopia, Tajikistan, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Tanzania, Uganda, Sri Lanka, Panama, Mozambique, Djibouti, Chad, Somalia, Rwanda, Maldives, Congo, Guinea, Zambia, Madagascar, Seychelles, Cuba, Cambodia, Gambia, Sierra Leone, Venezuela and two additional Status Miles for the other countries and Turkey domestic flights will be awarded to members.
  • A Miles&Smiles member can benefit from additional Status Miles offer up to 12.000 Status Miles.
  • Extra Miles earned will be added collectively to member accounts until 31 January 2020 following the campaign period.
  • This offer is only valid to Miles&Smiles members. To benefit from the offer, non-members must first register to Miles&Smiles Program.
  • To benefit from the offer, Miles&Smiles membership number will be requested and all flights must be registered to Miles&Smiles memberís account. Registrations after flights will not be credited within the special offer.
  • This campaign cannot be combined with any other Turkish Airlines campaign.
  • In addition to the existing Miles earnings for flights, only additional Status Miles will be credited to the members account. Members can only use acquired Status Miles to keep or upgrade the membership status.
  • The related promotion is not valid on corporate tickets, group tickets and special passenger segments (seaman, cruise, student/youth, medical etc.) tickets.
  • Tickets subject to this special offer can be issued through our call center, online channels, agencies and sales offices.
  • The related promotion is only valid on scheduled flights operated by Turkish Airlines. It is not valid on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights, Star Alliance partner airline flights and AnadoluJet flights.
  • Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal action against the related parties found to have contravened any rules.
  • Turkish Airlines reserves the right to change terms and conditions, definitions and other information pertaining to the special offer and to cancel the offer at any time.
Old Oct 2, 19, 9:25 am

Seems like I will be able to use an extra status miles deal for the first time!
Old Oct 2, 19, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
In addition to the existing Miles earnings for flights, only additional Status Miles will be credited to the members account. Members can only use acquired Status Miles to keep or upgrade the membership status.
It looks to me like status miles only, not redeemable miles. But then again, I'm not quite a professional at deciphering TK speak...
Old Oct 2, 19, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
It looks to me like status miles only, not redeemable miles. But then again, I'm not quite a professional at deciphering TK speak...
Yes, it's status miles only. No bonus ( redeemable ) miles.
Old Oct 2, 19, 4:22 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Wow, glad itís only status miles as I donít need any at the moment.

Started getting really irritated for a second, I just spent some money for TK last night and always miss out on promotions.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Oct 2, 19, 4:45 pm

and now is question, cheapest J routes starting from Europe, to obtain these Status Miles by maximum(12.000) per round trip?
Old Oct 2, 19, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raporot View Post
and now is question, cheapest J routes starting from Europe, to obtain these Status Miles by maximum(12.000) per round trip?
The maximum (12.000) is not per trip. It's per member.
However, the maximum only includes the extra x1 and x2 additional status miles.

To clarify:

Flight 1
IST - XXX 1500 miles ( normal amount ) - (+3000 status miles bonus)
Flight 2
XXX - IST 1500 miles ( normal amount ) - (+3000 status miles bonus) ( total 6000 additional miles since now )
Flight 3
IST - YYY 2000 miles ( normal amount ) - ( +4000 status miles bonus ) ( total 10000 additional miles since now )
Flight 4
YYY - IST 2000 miles ( normal amount ) - ( +4000 2000 status miles bonus ) ( total 12000 additional miles since now )
Flight 5
IST-ZZZ 1600 miles ( normal amount ) - ( No bonus ) ( total 12000 limit already reached )
raporot and cloudzocker like this.
Old Oct 2, 19, 5:12 pm

thanks for clarifying.
so maybe advice which route will be cheapest to get all amount for flight?
Old Oct 2, 19, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raporot View Post
thanks for clarifying.
so maybe advice which route will be cheapest to get all amount for flight?
Where are you based?
Are you OK for turnarounds or you want to visit somewhere when you travel?
How many miles you would need? ( In total including the additional ones )

These questions would help.
Old Oct 2, 19, 5:32 pm

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Where are you based?
Are you OK for turnarounds or you want to visit somewhere when you travel?
How many miles you would need? ( In total including the additional ones )

These questions would help.
Better to start in Spain, turnaround will be be perfect, not interesting in something new, better offcourse if will be on Wide-Body AC, thanks
bonus of 12 000 status miles for RT will be perfect
Old Oct 2, 19, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Total 22044 miles including the 12000 bonus
Including 2 free nights of hotel at IST

Edit:
This would also work but traveling in Economy - 18074 miles

craigthemif and raporot like this.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Oct 2, 19 at 6:40 pm Reason: Stated
Old Oct 2, 19, 8:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gr8pirate View Post
Wow, glad itís only status miles as I donít need any at the moment.

Started getting really irritated for a second, I just spent some money for TK last night and always miss out on promotions.
No kidding... I stepped off a TK long-haul flight the same day the promo was posted here. But of course booked outside of the booking window...
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Oct 2, 19, 9:08 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Ouch!!
Old Oct 2, 19, 9:25 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold, Tinder gold
Awesome, I was about to book a ticket as I have a wedding to attend in Turkey in October. Great timing!
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Oct 3, 19, 3:12 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
perfectly lucky. just booked a long haul ticket with TK, but from an OTA yesterday while being oblivious to the promo. Luckily...2nd october is the first day allowed for booking. and my outbound is on 19th dec. thus somehow can benefit from the promo ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: