Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK Offering x2 or x3 status miles on all routes: October 2019

TK Offering x2 or x3 status miles on all routes: October 2019

Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Culture Guru
perfectly lucky. just booked a long haul ticket with TK, but from an OTA yesterday while being oblivious to the promo. Luckily...2nd october is the first day allowed for booking. and my outbound is on 19th dec. thus somehow can benefit from the promo ^
Look forward to arguing about the OTA element of your booking

OK, I'm just being alarmist! But if they want loopholes.....
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:57 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
i really hope not. that would be a pity...
i have printed the original offer and it does not mention that the tickets have to be booked via TK.com
hoping for the best...fingers crossed

Just checked once more...
The offer says...
Tickets subject to this special offer can be issued through our call center, online channels,
agencies and sales offices.

Looks like I should be fine...
IAN-UK and Romanianflyer like this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
How much status miles would my wife and I (family account) earn on a Europe - IST roundtrip in J?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
How much status miles would my wife and I (family account) earn on a Europe - IST roundtrip in J?
ATH-IST and LIS-IST won't give the same miles.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
MUC-IST-MUC should be 3200 miles plus 6400 promotion miles = 9600 total right?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
MUC-IST-MUC should be 3200 miles plus 6400 promotion miles = 9600 total right?
Yes
Old Oct 3, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: TK Gold
so I dont quite understand how does it work for the destination. VKO-JFK does it count? Russia isn't in the list but USA is in the list
Old Oct 3, 2019, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tobiashenry
so I dont quite understand how does it work for the destination. VKO-JFK does it count? Russia isn't in the list but USA is in the list
x2 for IST-JFK and x3 for IST-VKO
raporot likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:26 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I think it is not clear from T&C and neither one has commented here wheather the 12000 cap Included the base miles too or is it max 12000 Bonus miles
Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It says additional status miles so this means that it doesn't include the base miles.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:30 am

Does it have to be Turkish metal?

I know this is a silly question but does it clearly state anywhere that the flight has to be on Turkish metal? In other words, can I fly on any other *alliance and credit to Turkish and still get the bonus status miles.

Edit: Never mind. I see it.

"The related promotion is only valid on scheduled flights operated by Turkish Airlines. It is not valid on Turkish Airlines codeshare flights, Star Alliance partner airline flights and AnadoluJet flights."
Old Oct 4, 2019, 1:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
That adds new spice to. My Idea of Maintaining elite. I will be in Berlin and only have the weekend around the 11th of October but Istanbul is extremely expensive there.
Can position with easyJet. Does anyone have an idea of getting 15k for around 500?
Im not a crack with tk so hepls appreciated
Old Oct 4, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Is my understanding correct...

If your destination/starting point is in that list of places then you will get triple miles?

Thanks
raporot likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
I'm looking at a flight KWI-IST-KWI. Firstly I'm trying to determine the number of miles on an L fare (Econ semi-flex). The ticket booking page shows 673 miles for KWI-IST and 673 for IST-KWI whereas the mileage calculator shows 673 miles for a return trip. Am I right in assuming that the right amount is 673+673? With this promo the total mileage should be 1346 + 2692 if I am understanding it correctly.

Ro
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ahopkins767
Is my understanding correct...

If your destination/starting point is in that list of places then you will get triple miles?

Thanks
If it's not on that list you get triple miles. If it's on the list you get double miles.
The translation is not that good so it may sound confusing.

Originally Posted by RohanDXB
I'm looking at a flight KWI-IST-KWI. Firstly I'm trying to determine the number of miles on an L fare (Econ semi-flex). The ticket booking page shows 673 miles for KWI-IST and 673 for IST-KWI whereas the mileage calculator shows 673 miles for a return trip. Am I right in assuming that the right amount is 673+673? With this promo the total mileage should be 1346 + 2692 if I am understanding it correctly.

Ro
Yes, your calculations seem correct
if I were you, I would buy a Q fare class for a small fare difference and get 2692 + 5384 instead of 1346 + 2692.

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
That adds new spice to. My Idea of Maintaining elite. I will be in Berlin and only have the weekend around the 11th of October but Istanbul is extremely expensive there.
Can position with easyJet. Does anyone have an idea of getting 15k for around 500?
Im not a crack with tk so hepls appreciated
If 9000ish miles are OK for you, this turnaround would be useful.

This combination would cost €550 and give 17000ish miles.
The night (12-13) at SAW would be at your own expense.
Two separate tickets

Ticket 1:

* You could take an earlier ADB-SAW flight to maximize your stay in Istanbul but be aware not to pick AnadoluJet flights.

Ticket 2:

If you want to book please pay attention to the fare buckets that I have selected.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Oct 6, 2019 at 12:47 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.