Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Double or triple status miles with TK until October 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold

Have you guys seen this offer? Anybody planning on taking advantage of it? I'm still missing a few miles for elite requalification, so I find it very appealing.
(I guess I need 30k/45k for requalification, irrespective of the app still showing 25k/37,5k, right?)

More Status Miles awaiting you!

On your international flights between dozens of fascinating cities all over the world, get ready to earn up to triple Status Miles! You will earn double Status Miles for your two person ticket and triple Status Miles for your 3-person ticket! It’s time to benefit from this advantage while flying to Istanbul, London, Kiev, Dubai and many of other cities in Economy or Business Class.

Earn as you share with Miles & Smiles!

Special offer details

Ticketing period17 September 2019 - 30 September 2019

Special Offer Period17 September 2019 - 31 October 2019

Terms and conditions

• The offer is valid for tickets issued between 17/09/2019 - 30/09/2019, with travel dates between 17/09/2019 - 31/10/2019.
  • The offer is valid on one-way or round trip international flights in Economy Class or Business Class from/to Turkey and from/to Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Switzerland, Slovakia, Belarus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Ireland, United Kingdom, Scotland, France, Greece, Malta, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovinia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Suudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Sudan, Tunusia, Eritrea.
  • Two members in the same reservation number (PNR) will be credited with extra 1 Status Miles, 3 members in the same reservation number (PNR) will be credited with extra 2 Status Miles. Earnings will be credited both for economy and business class tickets.
  • In case of 4 or more members in the same reservation number (PNR), earnings will be limited to only 1 extra Status Miles per each member.
  • Extra Miles earned will be added collectively to member accounts by the end of the November.
  • This offer is only valid for Miles&Smiles members. To benefit from the offer, non-members must first register to Miles&Smiles Program.
  • To benefit from the offer, Miles&Smiles membership number will be requested and all flights must be registered to Miles&Smiles member’s account. Registrations after flights will not be credited within the special offer.
  • This campaign cannot be combined with any other Turkish Airlines campaign.
  • A Miles&Smiles member can only use acquired Status Miles to keep or upgrade the membership status. No additional bonus miles will be awarded besides the bonus miles awarded from related flights. Only Status Miles will be earned.
  • 11. The related promotion is not valid on corporate tickets, group tickets and special passenger segments(seaman, cruise, student/youth, medical etc.) tickets.
  • Turkish Airlines reserves the right to take legal action against the related parties found to have contravened any rules.
  • Turkish Airlines reserves the right to change terms and conditions, definitions and other information pertaining to the special offer and to cancel the offer at any time.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Weird, but ultimately an interesting promotion.

How many times have we travelled with family / friends and shed a silent tear for all those potential status miles going to waste...

Nothing in my inbox though...
Old Sep 18, 2019, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The logical thing would be to organize a trip from IST or another Turkish destination with 9 pax and get x9 status miles.
However, the x5 status miles from IST campaign ( due to airport opening ) was much better than any of the campaigns but this one should be considered to look at.

• Aynı rezervasyon numarası (PNR)’da 4 veya 4’den fazla yolcumuz olduğunda her biri için ilave 1 kat Statü Mil verilecektir.
  • In case of 4 or more members in the same reservation number (PNR), earnings will be limited to only 1 extra Status Miles per each member.
For example, an ADB-FRA r/t ticket in J would cost 684 EUR -> 6160 status miles pp
( A domestic flight connected to an international flight would give 1250 miles extra )

1 person - 6160 miles
2 persons - 12320 miles pp
3 persons - 18480 miles pp
4 persons - 24640 miles pp
5 persons - 30800 miles pp
6 persons - 36960 miles pp
7 persons - 43120 miles pp
8 persons - 49280 miles pp
9 persons - 55440 miles pp

A minimum 2-night stay would be needed in order to benefit from this price.
The same could be done with a same-day return with +€100 pp.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Daoane
  • Two members in the same reservation number (PNR) will be credited with extra 1 Status Miles, 3 members in the same reservation number (PNR) will be credited with extra 2 Status Miles. Earnings will be credited both for economy and business class tickets.

The way I read it: if the PNR has two pax, each of them will be credited double miles. Three pax, each of them credited triple miles. Four or more, each of them credited double miles. Once again, TK is not a lighthouse of clear phrasing (or common sense logic), I'm afraid.

Shuly
Old Sep 18, 2019, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shuly

The way I read it: if the PNR has two pax, each of them will be credited double miles. Three pax, each of them credited triple miles. Four or more, each of them credited double miles. Once again, TK is not a lighthouse of clear phrasing (or common sense logic), I'm afraid.

Shuly
In theory you're correct. How's TK to know which of the travellers is the one who deserves the extra status miles...

Surely this calls for a Flyertalk MegaDo!
gr8pirate and ISTFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.