TK 77W in J

Old Sep 10, 19, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Sapphire, SIXT Diamond
TK 77W in J

How true is the quote below of traffic being high in J cabin from Y pax ?

As for the return flight I was on row 7 and I have to say and I donít want people to take this the wrong way; the J portion of the 777W consists of 2 cabins row 1-4 separated with a galley from rows 5-7 and I have to say flying in rows 1-4 is much better than 5-7, Y pax behind the 2nd J cabin uses the J lavs exclusively and the traffic is very heavy and almost makes it hard to sleep for light sleepers. Donít know if anyone else here agree with this.
Quoting this from another forum post #39

We are traveling in a group of 5 and currently only the "2nd J cabin" has rows which are empty (IST-IAH-IST). Do the crew not stop Y passengers from entering J cabin in flight ? If so, I will look into splitting our seating up ... or is the above post outside the norm ?
Old Sep 10, 19, 11:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Normally the curtain is closed throughout the flight but there could be passengers who open the curtain and sneeze to the J class lavatories during midflight when half of the cabin crew is at rest. So, the issue that the poster in the other forum is just some passengers who don't respect the curtain. If the crew didn't care about the situation when a passenger alerted him/her, it would be the cabin attendant's fault which would be something occasional for a specific flight.
Old Sep 11, 19, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer View Post
Normally the curtain is closed throughout the flight but there could be passengers who open the curtain and sneeze to the J class lavatories during midflight when half of the cabin crew is at rest. So, the issue that the poster in the other forum is just some passengers who don't respect the curtain. If the crew didn't care about the situation when a passenger alerted him/her, it would be the cabin attendant's fault which would be something occasional for a specific flight.
Thanks for the reply. I've not flown TK before, but as with any flight there will be people who try to be "clever" :P

From seatguru, seems there to be a galley next to the lavs between the J cabin ? So far in my experience with other airlines, the galley is always crewed , is this the case for TK ?

And are the lavs next to cockpit for passengers as well ?

Also are there curtains separating the 2 J cabins ?

Last edited by wantan; Sep 11, 19 at 7:49 am
Old Sep 11, 19, 1:35 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Iíve been in that back cabin multiple times (really like it, feels more private) and usually isnít really an issue. FAís do send people back to Y.

But there was one flight where there was a much higher number of bathroom pilgrims and it was a bit annoying.
Old Sep 11, 19, 10:33 am

Programs: Multiple
I've been on flights where people sneak through from Y and no one stops them and flights where FA's send them back. Another downside of the back cabin is during boarding all of economy will walk past you making it difficult to get into and out of your seat during that process.

I personally always choose row 2 of the forward cabin for the wife and I to ensure food choice and minimize noise from the forward cabin, but to each their own.

There is 1 bathroom next to the cockpit and then 2 more between rows 4 and 5, no curtains between rows 4 and 5.
Old Sep 11, 19, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
I am pretty sure there is a curtain just behind row 4, separating forward cabin and galley...
Old Sep 11, 19, 4:24 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984 View Post
I am pretty sure there is a curtain just behind row 4, separating forward cabin and galley...
Thereís also a curtain between galley and row 5 that comes out when they need to work/prepare things while the cabin lights are off.
Old Sep 11, 19, 4:37 pm

They open it allot..
Old Sep 11, 19, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sinter View Post
I've been on flights where people sneak through from Y and no one stops them and flights where FA's send them back. Another downside of the back cabin is during boarding all of economy will walk past you making it difficult to get into and out of your seat during that process.

I personally always choose row 2 of the forward cabin for the wife and I to ensure food choice and minimize noise from the forward cabin, but to each their own.

There is 1 bathroom next to the cockpit and then 2 more between rows 4 and 5, no curtains between rows 4 and 5.
Thanks, I'll look into splitting our group up since the consensus I'm getting is that Y passenger do come into the J cabin.

How bad are the "window-less" row 4 ? IST-IAH TK33 is a day time flight so would be nice to be able to look out. This probably would differ on each flight, but does TK encourage pax to close windows even on long haul day flights ?
Old Sep 12, 19, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK M&S Elite Plus, KE SPC, PC Bolbol, KK Brnz, LCA Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by wantan View Post
Thanks, I'll look into splitting our group up since the consensus I'm getting is that Y passenger do come into the J cabin.

How bad are the "window-less" row 4 ? IST-IAH TK33 is a day time flight so would be nice to be able to look out. This probably would differ on each flight, but does TK encourage pax to close windows even on long haul day flights ?
TK insists pax to close windows on long haul day flights. There was someone asking a similar thing on the 787 Dreamliner forum and I had posted a news article there about an unruly passenger who did not want to close his window on a daylight flight claiming that there is no legal written law stating that he should close his window blind.

Except for takeoff, landing, meal services, the window blinds should be completely closed unless you want to argue with the crew whole flight.
Old Sep 12, 19, 8:11 am

Programs: Multiple
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984 View Post
Shows how much attention I pay to things ha!
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.

Search this Thread