elite+ vouchers vanished from account

Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Angry elite+ vouchers vanished from account

Oh well, THY IT... Booked an Y fare I absolutely do NOT want to travel in Y and it's non refundable. J wide open. Called to apply one of 2 elite+ vouchers and the agent says: "Sir, I don't see any vouchers in your account". I told her there should be two, she said there are none and I would get new ones in November.
But I didn't use them since the start of my membership year...

Last year I used one to upgrade CGN-IST-HRG (oneway) in September, then at Nov 1st, I called to upgrade TXL-IST-ADB (oneway) with the second one. Back then I confirmed everything with the agent: "I have one voucher left at this moment, correct?" "Yes sir". "So we use that one to upgrade the flight from TXL to ADB, and I'll get issued two new vouchers in December when my membership year ends at Nov 30?" "Correct sir, you have to use your vouchers till Nov 30 and will get 2 new ones each year".
So I used the second one last year two weeks before my membership year ended, I didn't use any voucher since then and now 10 months later I get told I don't have any vouchers left....

So either the system did not issue my vouchers when my membership year started again on Nov 30 (I am elite+ since 2015, renewed 2016 first year = 2017 till 2019, and renewed again by the end of 2018 = 2019 till 2021), or the agent last November took both new vouchers to upgrade one flight (oneway with two segments and 1 hour layover, TXL-IST-ADB) last year which would have been a.) one voucher too much and b.) the new ones shouldn't have been there but should only have appeared two weeks after I did the last upgrade....

Did this ever happen to anyone else (and did you get them back)?
What should I do?
And is there a way to check what they do with our vouchers / how many are left (as far as I know the only way is to call the agents....)
Thanks and cheers,
zap!
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Did your status cycle dates change during the IT update? I suspect that you had already been issued new vouchers in November and the agent used those...
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
I had an issue with vouchers not being issued. It was eventually resolved, but it took a few calls.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
happened also to my wife. the vouchers were issued, but never put on her account due to the new computer system. the call center staff could see them but not use them. it took few days, several calls, written feedbacks and lots of patience, but finally we could manage the vouchers to be back...
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK elite+(*gold), Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, (Ex-Hyatt Diamond/Globalist)
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Did your status cycle dates change during the IT update? I suspect that you had already been issued new vouchers in November and the agent used those...
It was during the IT update.
In September I asked and they said the new vouchers would be issued by Nov 30, the agend made the upgrade 20 days earlier.
ANd even if he had seen the new ones, he should have used only 1, nto 2 of them
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your answers! @DaveS and @Rescmajster:
The call Center said I should provide written Feedback, and then call again and have them rush it by saying "it's urgent, I want to upgrade a flight for next month and availability is limited"....
Do you have any hints for me (and others this might happen to) on whom to call (usuall elite+ line? Always seemed helpfull to me), what to say and which feedback form to use / what to write?
I'll post my Progress here.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by zap7
Thanks for your answers! @DaveS and @Rescmajster:
The call Center said I should provide written Feedback, and then call again and have them rush it by saying "it's urgent, I want to upgrade a flight for next month and availability is limited"....
Do you have any hints for me (and others this might happen to) on whom to call (usuall elite+ line? Always seemed helpfull to me), what to say and which feedback form to use / what to write?
I'll post my Progress here.
If I were you I'd try to call in at a sales office. Agents tend to know their way around the system, who to call etc
Old Aug 24, 2019, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Issue resolved - Thanks everybody, I think because this wasn't the first time it happened they knew the issue. And if it happens to someone else: Just write them.
I was prepared to call my Sales Office on Monday and mentally prepared for a week long "battle" with multiple calls to get my vouchers back. Before Posting here and receiving your answers I was even wondering if it would be worth the time + effort and if it would work at all.

So here's what happend:
I used the Feedback form -> miles & smiles -> member questions.
I politely explained that an update could not be processed because the Agent did not see any vouchers in my Account, but I had not used any since Nov 1st and should have received two new ones on Nov 30, which seem to not have been credited "Maybe due to the IT upgrade" and asked to please add the vouchers to my Account (I added my full "vouchers issued on … and redeemed for PNR / ticket nr …. on..." - history). I submitted that at 1 AM before going to bed. When I opened my email at the office this morning, all was resolved 9 hours later with no need to even call back :
"Please be informed that the Miles&Smiles membership with the number … has been credited with 2 vouchers.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.".

So kudos to their Service. I then called to apply the voucher, and 4 minutes later my flights had been upgraded.
All in all it took 9 Hours of waiting and 3 Hours of work on my side which I could have cut down to 1: 30 minutes to write my posts here, 1.5 hours to worry about it and calm myself down not to worry and 1 hour to plan, research (my upgrade history + exact days) and craft the message (English is not my native language).
Old Aug 24, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Two replacement vouchers...nice!
Old Aug 25, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had the EXACT same issue recently, which took them several days to fix, and then when it was fixed the upgrade inventory was GONE, and that opened up a whole bunch of other issues that took many phone calls and e-mails to sort out......Royal PITA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.