Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

You can upgrade your flight with Miles, online now!

You can upgrade your flight with Miles, online now!

Old Mar 10, 20, 2:29 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k View Post
Can you ask them to split the tickets into separate PNRs and then upgrade each booking (with its own unique PNR) one at a time. I know that SQ and CX will readily split a PNR when requested.
This is possible but it could not be done online. The OP should call the hotline or contact a sales office in order to separate PNR's.
Old Mar 18, 20, 10:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A Gold
I did call the sales office and it was no problem to split the PNR . Very helpful agent.
I also contacted TK and merged our two accounts into a family one. The process took 4 days I think.
However when it then came to upgrading my wife using miles from the family account it wasn't possible ! Had to phone sales office again. Turned out that as I was the main holder of the family account I needed to authorise the spend? No problems anyway and it was all sorted out but not online.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 21, 20, 10:42 pm

Programs: Miles & Smiles
More Miles than regular amount when managing booking

I am a Miles&Smiles classic member since a few weeks. I booked a flight and could earn around 26k amount of miles when I wanted to manage my booking. However, the day after that about was reduced to the regular amount, around 19k. What happen? Does this occasionally happen at the TA website? Is this an error? Or, if this a bonus action, is it possible to join such bonus action in the near future again? How to be notified of such action. I have not yet added my Miles from this booking.

Bart
Old Mar 21, 20, 10:59 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Welcome, Bart!

The website and app aren’t always reliable for mileage calculations, sorry. Best way to find out mileage is knowing if your booking class earns 100/50/25% per miles flown.

Special ‘booster’ promotions happen from time to time, but wouldn’t show up in the calculator at the time of booking.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 20, 9:27 pm

Programs: Miles & Smiles
Thanks for the reply.
Old May 2, 20, 9:10 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Now only from booking class Y and B.

Terms and conditions
  • Upgrades can be issued for paid tickets with their reservations confirmed up to 24 hours before scheduled departure.
  • The Star Alliance upgrade award is only valid for certain ticket fare classes.
  • On Turkish Airlines flights, only Y and B fare classes in Economy Class can upgrade to Business Class.

Last edited by no_idea; May 2, 20 at 9:46 am Reason: Thanks to ISTFlyer; my fault. It only effects *A upgrades. Sorry.
Old May 2, 20, 9:21 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite Plus, QRPC Platinum, BAEC Silver, PC Bolbol, All Silv, HH Blue, Bonvoy, BW Rewards
Originally Posted by no_idea View Post
Now only from booking class Y and B.

Terms and conditions
  • Upgrades can be issued for paid tickets with their reservations confirmed up to 24 hours before scheduled departure.
  • The Star Alliance upgrade award is only valid for certain ticket fare classes.
  • On Turkish Airlines flights, only Y and B fare classes in Economy Class can upgrade to Business Class.
TK upgrades should not be confused with *A upgrades.
The T&C that you shared it for the *A upgrade. ( Open to all *A frequent traveler programs )

TK upgrades online could be done for all revenue booking classes, depending on availability ( could be different than those available for Y and B fare classes ). If there is availability, when logging to MMB, you would see the upgrade offer popping up.
cln likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: