Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't select J seats on 2nd leg...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Can't select J seats on 2nd leg...

Hi everyone, I've just redeemed 3 J's on Turkish Air on points from JFK to KUL (with connecting flight/layover at IST). While we were able to select our seats from JFK to IST, we were not able to select our seats from IST to KUL. Do you know why this is the case? Any helpful info/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23
Hi everyone, I've just redeemed 3 J's on Turkish Air on points from JFK to KUL (with connecting flight/layover at IST). While we were able to select our seats from JFK to IST, we were not able to select our seats from IST to KUL. Do you know why this is the case? Any helpful info/tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
When are you flying? Depending on the time, the flight to KUL may be operated by the 787 Dreamliner. There is an issue with the seatmap currently and seat selection on the 787 is not possible.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984

When are you flying? Depending on the time, the flight to KUL may be operated by the 787 Dreamliner. There is an issue with the seatmap currently and seat selection on the 787 is not possible.
The 2nd leg (IST to KUL) will be on 7/09/2020. Strangely it doesn't list the plane type on my flight confirmation (but the 1st leg does list the plane type).
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by TIGRIS23
The 2nd leg (IST to KUL) will be on 7/09/2020. Strangely it doesn't list the plane type on my flight confirmation (but the 1st leg does list the plane type).
Yes, your flight to KUL will be on the 787 and that is the reason why you cannot select seats online. The flight is still far out, so you could wait a few weeks until TK hopefully fix this issue. Alternatively, the hotline can see and reserve some (but not all) seats.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984

Yes, your flight to KUL will be on the 787 and that is the reason why you cannot select seats online. The flight is still far out, so you could wait a few weeks until TK hopefully fix this issue. Alternatively, the hotline can see and reserve some (but not all) seats.
Great, thanks for the helpful info, SFOTraveler1984! Appreciate it much!
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.