Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK lower YQ fare , is it real?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

TK lower YQ fare , is it real?

receive email that TK will reduce YQ on award ticket , had checked inbound to IST YQ fare no different . . Anyone can verify outbound from IST any changes?

P.S. Link on the email direct me to tk website mainpage only.

Last edited by Lbs890213; Aug 9, 2019 at 6:49 pm
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:02 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Have played with the website for a while, haven't noticed reduced YQ, either...
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Lbs890213

receive email that TK will reduce YQ on award ticket , had checked inbound to IST YQ fare no different . . Anyone can verify outbound from IST any changes?

P.S. Link on the email direct me to tk website mainpage only.
Got the same e-mail. Also got the homepage rather than the "details" of reduced YQ promised. I really hope this is a genuine reduction as I love TK but have always thought their YQ is too high.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Promotional award tickets are not the usual ones, they are those -30% monthly awards. That is how I understood this email, that I received too.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Since I book my tickets at least 3 months in advance promotional award tickets will never happen for me...
Old Aug 10, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Promotional award tickets are not the usual ones, they are those -30% monthly awards. That is how I understood this email, that I received too.
I've checked the surcharges on the promo awards, they are the same as for other awards. Did you manage to find lower YQ?
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by igor82j
I've checked the surcharges on the promo awards, they are the same as for other awards. Did you manage to find lower YQ?
agree, search route on promo period and non-promo period , YQ are same
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by igor82j
No, I do not have enough miles to go anywhere round trip yet. I bet the customer service do not find either and cannot explain this, the usual TK style. Looks more as advertising the brand instead of being the real thing.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:35 pm

This would appear to be correct but in good old fashioned turkish airways changes they have failed to point out that they have increased the base fair by 3 times the discount they are passing on
Example ist to han last week base fare all in £668 in economy this week over £900 difference in award ticket business class down from about £400 to £330
Another great deal !!!!!
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by grahamsue
This would appear to be correct but in good old fashioned turkish airways changes they have failed to point out that they have increased the base fair by 3 times the discount they are passing on
Example ist to han last week base fare all in £668 in economy this week over £900 difference in award ticket business class down from about £400 to £330
Another great deal !!!!!
I’m sorry, but can’t understand what you posted.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:48 am

I was replying to the OP with reference to reduced surcharges for award tickets
Old Aug 17, 2019, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I was replying to the OP with reference to reduced surcharges for award tickets
Except your reply doesn't make much sense.

If YQ goes down and the base fare goes up, that doesn't matter to anybody paying a paid fare, since the all-in cost remains the same.

It does however advantage award bookings, which is a good thing.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:08 am

Only award tickets get a reduced surcharge not any other fares as stated on original post
Old Aug 17, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Only award tickets get a reduced surcharge not any other fares as stated on original post
Is this the misunderstand and respond thread?
craigthemif likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.