TK Schedule Change "Self-Service"?

Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
TK Schedule Change "Self-Service"?

in my recent TK schedule change eMail notifications, the online acceptance of the new time did not work on both the Desktop Website and the native mobile App.
In every case, I had to call the hotline. As the Turkish Elite hotline is reachable via Skype etc. it's not critical but I am curious if this "new schedule acceptance process" is working for you online or not.
Thank you!
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
In a previous schedule change (about couple of months ago) I managed to confirm the change online.

With the schedule change today - I had to call it in. My suspicion based on a dummy booking is that the class I was booked at is no longer available for purchase and that is why a human intervention was required (although the error msg while doing it online was that the connection time is illegal - it is not the case).
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:56 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Didn't work for me.
And the agent on the phone then had the audacity to say "I will try and see if I can help".

Anyway, he got the change accepted.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Didn't work for me.
And the agent on the phone then had the audacity to say "I will try and see if I can help".

Anyway, he got the change accepted.
is this got to do with IST- DPS flght? Why they need to trouble us to call them to accept the change as if I have a choice not to accept it?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 3:52 am
Original Poster

A schedule change can happen on every flight.
Yes, my last schedule change was also on DPS-IST (21:00 to 21:05) but that's a coincidence.

TK is requesting acceptance or denial in case of a schedule change and my understanding is that the itinerary is in some sort of pending state until the decision is made.
Yes, you have the right to deny as you have the right to cancel the booking in that case.

The purpose of my post was to find out if the online process is working for you or not. In my case, the online acceptance never worked and I always had to call in.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
A schedule change can happen on every flight.
Yes, my last schedule change was also on DPS-IST (21:00 to 21:05) but that's a coincidence.

TK is requesting acceptance or denial in case of a schedule change and my understanding is that the itinerary is in some sort of pending state until the decision is made.
Yes, you have the right to deny as you have the right to cancel the booking in that case.

The purpose of my post was to find out if the online process is working for you or not. In my case, the online acceptance never worked and I always had to call in.

Apparently my DPS-IST has not been changed. I understand that passenger should be allowed to change or even cancel the flight. But making passenger to call to IST just to confirm? Like I really have a choice.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Today I received another schedule change notification (IST-DPS) and like before it was not possible to accept it online (mobile iOS App). :/
This can be quiet time consuming if I have to call them every few days the next months!
How are other airlines doing that? Automated acceptance if the transfer time is sufficient? Or just by not changing the schedule so often like TK?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
How are other airlines doing that? Automated acceptance if the transfer time is sufficient? Or just by not changing the schedule so often like TK?
BA simply sends an email with the new flight times/new flights. Customer does not have to accept. So you only have to call them if you are not happy with the new times. That's how most airlines seem to do it, incl from my experience TG, LH, AA, DL,...
Strictly speaking it is not required to accept the changes with TK. You should still be able to check-in at the airport and fly the updated itinerary - but it is a bit annoying since online check-in and online seat selection will not work...
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: TK Elite
I also got the same schedule change for IST-DPS, online acceptance not working.

I didn't know you could contact the E+ line via Skype, what is the process to reach them there?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AirCanada881
I also got the same schedule change for IST-DPS, online acceptance not working.

I didn't know you could contact the E+ line via Skype, what is the process to reach them there?
Enter the Turkish (Elite) Hotline number in Skype and press dial. ;-)
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:53 am

Programs: TK Elite
Enter the Turkish (Elite) Hotline number in Skype and press dial. ;-)
Oh ok that's super easy Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
So a somewhat related question. My flight to SSH in September got cancelled and they moved me to a flight is a day before (some 36h earlier). This was a return segment of my CAI-IST-DPS-IST-SSH itinerary, where I flew the rest of the flights. Am I able to ask for a refund now and what amount should I expect (it was a business class ticket in K that cost around 1.2k USD)? Alternatively how far can I reschedule my flight for, since I was considering postponing this trip anyway for next spring, but a refund might be a better option.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by deleter
So a somewhat related question. My flight to SSH in September got cancelled and they moved me to a flight is a day before (some 36h earlier). This was a return segment of my CAI-IST-DPS-IST-SSH itinerary, where I flew the rest of the flights. Am I able to ask for a refund now and what amount should I expect (it was a business class ticket in K that cost around 1.2k USD)? Alternatively how far can I reschedule my flight for, since I was considering postponing this trip anyway for next spring, but a refund might be a better option.
Have you flown the DPS-IST leg? If no, you could get the half (a bit less maybe ) of the ticket. If yes, you would probably get a funny amount like 60-70 USD.
However, in both cases, you might need to visit a sales office for a refund, otherwise, you might wait for 2-3 months for your refund. In addition, you could ask the exact refund amount at the sales office as hotline agents may not be allowed to make partial refunds.

Rescheduling could be made within the -7 days and +14 days window from the original flight.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:03 pm

Thanks for the response

Yeah, we flew the DPS-IST already. I'll give a call to the sales office tomorrow to see what amount they say, although 60-70 USD sounds horribly low.

As for the rescheduling, any experience how strict they are on that, I have a vague recollection I was able to move my flights some months a couple of years ago.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by deleter
Thanks for the response

Yeah, we flew the DPS-IST already. I'll give a call to the sales office tomorrow to see what amount they say, although 60-70 USD sounds horribly low.

As for the rescheduling, any experience how strict they are on that, I have a vague recollection I was able to move my flights some months a couple of years ago.
So an update, the amount is around 140 USD (which isn't as bad as I originally expected). I was told by the sales office that they cannot do the refund since it was bought online (not sure if this is 100% correct).

As for the rescheduling, at first they told me it is +/- 1 day, this sounded incorrect, so I asked them to double check. Afterwards they told me they "changed it recently" and that it is now +/- 7 days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.