Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Welcome to this thread where you could find detailed information about food onboard Turkish Airlines.
For information on the Turkish Airlines website please click here.

Meals are complimentary on all Turkish Airlines and AnadoluJet flights regardless of travel class and flight time.
Alcoholic beverages are complimentary as well, however, they are only loaded to selected flights.

Feel free to edit the WIKI if you want to add further information or if you think that it needs modification.

WIKI updated until post: 289

Domestic and Short Haul:

Business Class: 197
Economy Class: 236
AnadoluJet:

Medium Haul:

Business Class: 187, 196, 234, 266, 268, 282, 289
Economy Class: 305
AnadoluJet:

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
Westbound flights departing from IST

Eastbound/Southbound flights departing from IST

Westbound/Northbound flights departing an outstation

Eastbound flights departing an outstation

Economy Class:

11:10 TK800 PTY-IST, Business, #269

Before COVID-19
Meals are loaded on flights depending on the flight time and classified like this.

Domestic:

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot light breakfast, a cheese & fruit plate in addition to butter and jam.
Flights later in the day would get a starter dish + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A cheese sandwich ( warm ) is served on all domestic flights
AnadoluJet flights: A cold sandwich or a pre-packaged cake is served on all flights

Short Haul up to 2 hours ( eg. Tel Aviv, Athens, Bucharest... )

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( omelette, borek, gozleme ( Turkish style pastry ) ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( chicken, lamb, köfte... ) + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A box containing a sandwich, a cake and a salad ( for morning flights: yoghurt ) would be served.

Medium Haul between 2 and 8 hours ( eg. Mumbai, Paris, Stockholm, London, Addis Ababa... )

Regardless of the flight time, these flights would get only one food service and no second meal or snack is served on Economy Class at all. On longer flights, drink runs are made by the cabin crew midway during the flight.

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( 2 options would be present: generally one would be an egg dish and the other one a Turkish style breakfast dish ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( 3 options would be present: generally a pasta dish, a meat dish, and a fish dish ) + a salad + a dessert.
Economy Class: A hot meal would be served with a salad and dessert. For morning flights instead of a salad and a dessert, yogurt and a cheese&olive plate would be present. Some flights may receive a brownie instead of yogurt.

LongHaul more than 8 hours ( List Below )

The destinations are: Atlanta, Bangkok, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Caracas, Chicago, Denpasar (Bali), Durban, Guangzhou, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Houston, Jakarta, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles Madagascar, Manila, Maputo, Mauritius, Miami, Montreal, Newark, New York, Panama, Phuket, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai, Taipei, Tokyo, Toronto, Washington DC, Xi'an.

Onboard both cabins, two main courses would be served on these flights according to the flight time. A snack basket would be available at the galley which would have sandwiches and cakes.

Flights departing between 04:00-10:30 would have a Breakfast + Lunch/Dinner
Flights departing between 10:30-04:00 would have Lunch/Dinner + Breakfast ( if arriving at morning ) / Lunch/Dinner ( if arriving later in the day )

Business Class: Depends on the route. You could find information about meals here. In addition, pre-ordering meals are also available for several flights, for more information please consider looking at the relevant thread by clicking here.
Economy Class: Depends on the route.

Below this line, you would be able to find example meals and photos of the offerings onboard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIKI updated until post: 77

Domestic:

Breakfast - Business Class: 9
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 10
Economy: 4, 36
AnadoluJet:

Short Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 7, 17, 63
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 6, 16, 42, 60
Economy:

Medium Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 14, 29, 59
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 5, 15, 28, 44, 65
Breakfast - Economy: 2, 11, 53
Rest of the Day - Economy: 3, 8, 25, 52

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
13:05 TK79 IST-SFO, Business, #18, 30
15:40 TK31 IST-ATL, Business, #71

1:30 TK66 IST-DPS, Business, #35, 72 ( breakfast only )
2:00 TK70 IST-HKG, Business #74 ( main course only )

21:00 TK67 DPS-IST, Business, #48
21:45 TK65 BKK-IST, Business, #38
21:55 TK25 TPE-IST, Business, #23

18:30 TK10 LAX-IST, Business, #19, 22, 32, 70
18:10 TK80 SFO-IST, Business, #27
23:05 TK36 YUL-IST, Business, #31, #75

Economy Class:

-------------------------------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Old May 2, 2022, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Andy76
Thank you ISTFlyer for the info.. This is our first time with TK. Looking at all the reviews and youtube videod, it looks like TK always offers either fish or pasta dish as part of their full regular menu. Would there be a flight where TK would offer only meat options? I am trying to convince my wife to do regular menu since there always since to be a lot of choices. Our seats are in 2nd row so all the options should be still available... Thank you for any input..
Usually TK has one non-meat option on most flights but still sitting in the 2nd row would not guarantee anything.
In the past, TK only offered one choice on domestic flights and flights under 2 hours in Business Class which could be a meat option but since all your flights are over 2 hours, I don't see any point to get concerned of that.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:32 pm

a slight data point but seems an anomaly. So TK1988 which is the AM LHR to IST. Anyway, the morning I opted for a regular breakfast which was psalteries etc, my wife went for hindu jain vegi meal. Now you would think she would have been served a normal breakfast or breakfast from one of the sub-continent flights, she was actually served a day menu try ie rice, with falafel and a samosa for breakfast. Did seem odd compared to the fact everyone else had a normal breakfast
Old May 2, 2022, 1:35 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by suley
a slight data point but seems an anomaly. So TK1988 which is the AM LHR to IST. Anyway, the morning I opted for a regular breakfast which was psalteries etc, my wife went for hindu jain vegi meal. Now you would think she would have been served a normal breakfast or breakfast from one of the sub-continent flights, she was actually served a day menu try ie rice, with falafel and a samosa for breakfast. Did seem odd compared to the fact everyone else had a normal breakfast
Hey at least she got a Samosa. i had asked for a Hindu Meal and I got swordfish.
Old May 16, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium

Online Dinner menu for my flight from ist-jfk

Online second service menu for my flight from ist-jfk
Carfield likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 12:31 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Lonsinla
mmmm finally I see manti on the menu 🤤
PresRDC likes this.

Last edited by MitjaPod; May 25, 2022 at 10:53 am
Old May 18, 2022, 8:28 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Does TK have any particular order for taking meal orders in J, particularly on 77W and 789? On 77W for example, do they start at row 1 and serve the minicabin last or is there another metric?
Old May 19, 2022, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Does TK have any particular order for taking meal orders in J, particularly on 77W and 789? On 77W for example, do they start at row 1 and serve the minicabin last or is there another metric?
On my last few flights, on the B789 (always seat 6K or 8K) the chef has started meal orders from 1A, working up the aisle to 8A. Then back down to start again at 1K working up to 8K.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:13 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador

So pre-order is back. Interesting - I tried it pre-COVID and it never worked
Old May 19, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TPJ
So pre-order is back. Interesting - I tried it pre-COVID and it never worked
only available out of Istanbul and tbh, the choices don't look inspiring at all
TPJ likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
LIS-IST, May 22 2022

I really enjoyed my meal in business class from Lisbon to IAD IST. I chose the Turkish Style Meatball. The food and drinks were tasty, and the service was friendly!

Carfield, vincewy, DaveS and 1 others like this.

Last edited by chrisny2; May 24, 2022 at 2:19 pm Reason: This flight was obviously to IST. IST-IAD is still to come.
Old May 23, 2022, 11:39 pm

We see these options too for our flight from IST to BOS. This is my first time flying Turkish business class long haul, and we also have a vegetarian in our party (doesn’t eat fish or seafood though). Is the correct way to interpret this that the regular menu won’t have any vegetarian option in the first service, only in the second? (And thus we should request a special meal) Or is this pre-order separate from the “regular” menu offered on board?
Old May 24, 2022, 1:40 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by delsf90
(And thus we should request a special meal)
Better order VGML as Turkey's is not vegetarian's heaven. There is always a vegetarian meal option (like 'manti') but if you order VGML you will have it guaranteed.
Old May 24, 2022, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2
LIS-IST, May 22 2022

I really enjoyed my meal in business class from Lisbon to IAD. I chose the Turkish Style Meatball. The food and drinks were tasty, and the service was friendly!

I do love those meatballs.
chrisny2, ankomonkey and behyx like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 6:50 pm

Hi! May I know where can I navigate to this page for meal selection? Is it only available x days before flight? I'm flying in 3 weeks, and I can only see the usual special meal request eg Kosher, vegetarian meals, etc.
Old May 24, 2022, 9:39 pm

It appears on that same page, 7 days before the flight
behyx likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.