Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Welcome to this thread where you could find detailed information about food onboard Turkish Airlines.
For information on the Turkish Airlines website please click here.

Meals are complimentary on all Turkish Airlines and AnadoluJet flights regardless of travel class and flight time.
Alcoholic beverages are complimentary as well, however, they are only loaded to selected flights.

Feel free to edit the WIKI if you want to add further information or if you think that it needs modification.

WIKI updated until post: 289

Domestic and Short Haul:

Business Class: 197
Economy Class: 236
AnadoluJet:

Medium Haul:

Business Class: 187, 196, 234, 266, 268, 282, 289
Economy Class: 305
AnadoluJet:

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
Westbound flights departing from IST

Eastbound/Southbound flights departing from IST

Westbound/Northbound flights departing an outstation

Eastbound flights departing an outstation

Economy Class:

11:10 TK800 PTY-IST, Business, #269

Before COVID-19
Meals are loaded on flights depending on the flight time and classified like this.

Domestic:

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot light breakfast, a cheese & fruit plate in addition to butter and jam.
Flights later in the day would get a starter dish + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A cheese sandwich ( warm ) is served on all domestic flights
AnadoluJet flights: A cold sandwich or a pre-packaged cake is served on all flights

Short Haul up to 2 hours ( eg. Tel Aviv, Athens, Bucharest... )

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( omelette, borek, gozleme ( Turkish style pastry ) ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( chicken, lamb, köfte... ) + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A box containing a sandwich, a cake and a salad ( for morning flights: yoghurt ) would be served.

Medium Haul between 2 and 8 hours ( eg. Mumbai, Paris, Stockholm, London, Addis Ababa... )

Regardless of the flight time, these flights would get only one food service and no second meal or snack is served on Economy Class at all. On longer flights, drink runs are made by the cabin crew midway during the flight.

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( 2 options would be present: generally one would be an egg dish and the other one a Turkish style breakfast dish ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( 3 options would be present: generally a pasta dish, a meat dish, and a fish dish ) + a salad + a dessert.
Economy Class: A hot meal would be served with a salad and dessert. For morning flights instead of a salad and a dessert, yogurt and a cheese&olive plate would be present. Some flights may receive a brownie instead of yogurt.

LongHaul more than 8 hours ( List Below )

The destinations are: Atlanta, Bangkok, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Caracas, Chicago, Denpasar (Bali), Durban, Guangzhou, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Houston, Jakarta, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles Madagascar, Manila, Maputo, Mauritius, Miami, Montreal, Newark, New York, Panama, Phuket, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai, Taipei, Tokyo, Toronto, Washington DC, Xi'an.

Onboard both cabins, two main courses would be served on these flights according to the flight time. A snack basket would be available at the galley which would have sandwiches and cakes.

Flights departing between 04:00-10:30 would have a Breakfast + Lunch/Dinner
Flights departing between 10:30-04:00 would have Lunch/Dinner + Breakfast ( if arriving at morning ) / Lunch/Dinner ( if arriving later in the day )

Business Class: Depends on the route. You could find information about meals here. In addition, pre-ordering meals are also available for several flights, for more information please consider looking at the relevant thread by clicking here.
Economy Class: Depends on the route.

Below this line, you would be able to find example meals and photos of the offerings onboard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIKI updated until post: 77

Domestic:

Breakfast - Business Class: 9
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 10
Economy: 4, 36
AnadoluJet:

Short Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 7, 17, 63
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 6, 16, 42, 60
Economy:

Medium Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 14, 29, 59
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 5, 15, 28, 44, 65
Breakfast - Economy: 2, 11, 53
Rest of the Day - Economy: 3, 8, 25, 52

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
13:05 TK79 IST-SFO, Business, #18, 30
15:40 TK31 IST-ATL, Business, #71

1:30 TK66 IST-DPS, Business, #35, 72 ( breakfast only )
2:00 TK70 IST-HKG, Business #74 ( main course only )

21:00 TK67 DPS-IST, Business, #48
21:45 TK65 BKK-IST, Business, #38
21:55 TK25 TPE-IST, Business, #23

18:30 TK10 LAX-IST, Business, #19, 22, 32, 70
18:10 TK80 SFO-IST, Business, #27
23:05 TK36 YUL-IST, Business, #31, #75

Economy Class:

-------------------------------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by Maxus
Hi everybody
So,i can confirm,that meal service now is back to regular
Todays flight TK422 VKO-IST. J class. Breakfast
Selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages,including spirits. Choice of 2 hot meals
Cannot upload photos,because have less than 5 posts😎
Sparkling wine on offer for these European 2hr and above flights?
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:21 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by asnovici
Sparkling wine on offer for these European 2hr and above flights?
In the menu it was mentioned “Champagne”, but while on the red and white wine it was mentioned the brands, it was not in this case
Old Mar 5, 2021, 1:29 am

Programs: MM silver, Flying blue Platinum, A3 gold, Marriott platinum, IHG gold
Hot meal is back

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I am not 100% sure but the change is not route based and should be flight time based.
So, all routes over 2h should have a restored service in J.
I can confirm: yesterday flew FRA-IST in business, Turkish meze as starter and choice of second hot meal (fish or steak).
TPJ, DaveS, ankomonkey and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Mbcan; Mar 8, 2021 at 2:40 am
Old Mar 5, 2021, 2:30 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by Mbcan
I can confirm: yesterday flew FRA-IST in business, Turkish maze as starter and choice of second hot meal (fish or steak).
Wonderful!!! So it is happening finally! Looking forward to my flight in 3 weeks
daisymay2, TPJ, nacho and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 7:29 am

Have a flight in two days IST-TPE. I see that meal selection is once again available, but the three options appear as XEIL, XEJL, and XEKL. no idea what they mean, but great to see that onboard service is getting back to normal.
jlimftalk likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
Ist LAx in eco meal back to normal

On ISt lax today( I m posting from the flight) the meal was like in old times( if I remember well), only difference is that they serve only soft drinks and no alcohol but I brought my own with a proper glass. Needles to say three seats all for myself, warm food and wine makes me a very happy camper

Beef or pasta as an option, I choices Beef

I brought my own wine and it was one of the best flight LOl
more4less, daisymay2, HAF and 6 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Hello all, visitor from the UA forums here. Work has given me TK as an option this time around for my flights to BOM. I know for the longest time they had those pre-boxed meals in J but Ive seen the last few posts showing that things are slowly looking back to normal. How likely is it that the full J service will be back in swing by January? Like as in the pre-departure lemonades, multi-course hot meals, etc. I definitely would love to consider this if meals will be back to full hot service and normal by then. Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 9, 2021, 11:46 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
Hello all, visitor from the UA forums here. Work has given me TK as an option this time around for my flights to BOM. I know for the longest time they had those pre-boxed meals in J but Ive seen the last few posts showing that things are slowly looking back to normal. How likely is it that the full J service will be back in swing by January? Like as in the pre-departure lemonades, multi-course hot meals, etc. I definitely would love to consider this if meals will be back to full hot service and normal by then. Thanks in advance!
I don't think anyone can predict what will happen next month, let alone January. We all hope for a return to normal.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Work has given me TK as an option this time around for my flights to BOM. How likely is it that the full J service will be back in swing by January?
January? You work for interesting company, if they plan business travels for January already In any case, at present the C offering is back to almost normal, even in the shorter European flights
Old Mar 10, 2021, 1:52 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by DaveS
I don't think anyone can predict what will happen next month, let alone January. We all hope for a return to normal.
Sorry I guess what I meant was are people still seeing boxed meals on any flights or has it recently been all pre-pandemic style multi-course like the last few posts suggested?
Old Mar 10, 2021, 2:00 am

Sorry I guess what I meant was are people still seeing boxed meals on any flights or has it recently been all pre-pandemic style multi-course like the last few posts suggested?
Well, I tend to trust my fellow travelers and the posted pictures... So, yes, almost back to pre-C19 normal with minor adjustments...
Old Mar 10, 2021, 7:58 pm

LAX —> IST - Scheduled time 13 hours - Economy Class
- They provide hygiene kit but no amenity kit
- Blankets / No pillows
- Serve hot food (options were pasta or fish for dinner. And breakfast before landing)
- No alcohol, just soft drinks

IST —> MLE - Scheduled time 8 hours 5 minutes - Economy Class
- They provide hygiene kit but no amenity kit
- Blankets / No pillows
- Serve hot food (options were pasta or beef for dinner. And breakfast before landing)
- No alcohol, just soft drinks

Overall food were tasty and fulfilling.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by freefalcon
Overall food were tasty and fulfilling.
Looks great for economy class food. Happy you survived well the long travel, even if without the booze
daisymay2 and TPJ like this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Looks good freefalcon.
Thanks for posting photos.
freefalcon likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by daisymay2
Looks good freefalcon.
Thanks for posting photos.

Can't go wrong with these pics!
Any Biz meal pics?

michaelmorio

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.