Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Welcome to this thread where you could find detailed information about food onboard Turkish Airlines.
For information on the Turkish Airlines website please click here.

Meals are complimentary on all Turkish Airlines and AnadoluJet flights regardless of travel class and flight time.
Alcoholic beverages are complimentary as well, however, they are only loaded to selected flights.

Feel free to edit the WIKI if you want to add further information or if you think that it needs modification.

WIKI updated until post: 289

Domestic and Short Haul:

Business Class: 197
Economy Class: 236
AnadoluJet:

Medium Haul:

Business Class: 187, 196, 234, 266, 268, 282, 289
Economy Class: 305
AnadoluJet:

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
Westbound flights departing from IST

Eastbound/Southbound flights departing from IST

Westbound/Northbound flights departing an outstation

Eastbound flights departing an outstation

Economy Class:

11:10 TK800 PTY-IST, Business, #269

Before COVID-19
Meals are loaded on flights depending on the flight time and classified like this.

Domestic:

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot light breakfast, a cheese & fruit plate in addition to butter and jam.
Flights later in the day would get a starter dish + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A cheese sandwich ( warm ) is served on all domestic flights
AnadoluJet flights: A cold sandwich or a pre-packaged cake is served on all flights

Short Haul up to 2 hours ( eg. Tel Aviv, Athens, Bucharest... )

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( omelette, borek, gozleme ( Turkish style pastry ) ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( chicken, lamb, köfte... ) + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A box containing a sandwich, a cake and a salad ( for morning flights: yoghurt ) would be served.

Medium Haul between 2 and 8 hours ( eg. Mumbai, Paris, Stockholm, London, Addis Ababa... )

Regardless of the flight time, these flights would get only one food service and no second meal or snack is served on Economy Class at all. On longer flights, drink runs are made by the cabin crew midway during the flight.

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( 2 options would be present: generally one would be an egg dish and the other one a Turkish style breakfast dish ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( 3 options would be present: generally a pasta dish, a meat dish, and a fish dish ) + a salad + a dessert.
Economy Class: A hot meal would be served with a salad and dessert. For morning flights instead of a salad and a dessert, yogurt and a cheese&olive plate would be present. Some flights may receive a brownie instead of yogurt.

LongHaul more than 8 hours ( List Below )

The destinations are: Atlanta, Bangkok, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Caracas, Chicago, Denpasar (Bali), Durban, Guangzhou, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Houston, Jakarta, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles Madagascar, Manila, Maputo, Mauritius, Miami, Montreal, Newark, New York, Panama, Phuket, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai, Taipei, Tokyo, Toronto, Washington DC, Xi'an.

Onboard both cabins, two main courses would be served on these flights according to the flight time. A snack basket would be available at the galley which would have sandwiches and cakes.

Flights departing between 04:00-10:30 would have a Breakfast + Lunch/Dinner
Flights departing between 10:30-04:00 would have Lunch/Dinner + Breakfast ( if arriving at morning ) / Lunch/Dinner ( if arriving later in the day )

Business Class: Depends on the route. You could find information about meals here. In addition, pre-ordering meals are also available for several flights, for more information please consider looking at the relevant thread by clicking here.
Economy Class: Depends on the route.

Below this line, you would be able to find example meals and photos of the offerings onboard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIKI updated until post: 77

Domestic:

Breakfast - Business Class: 9
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 10
Economy: 4, 36
AnadoluJet:

Short Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 7, 17, 63
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 6, 16, 42, 60
Economy:

Medium Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 14, 29, 59
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 5, 15, 28, 44, 65
Breakfast - Economy: 2, 11, 53
Rest of the Day - Economy: 3, 8, 25, 52

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
13:05 TK79 IST-SFO, Business, #18, 30
15:40 TK31 IST-ATL, Business, #71

1:30 TK66 IST-DPS, Business, #35, 72 ( breakfast only )
2:00 TK70 IST-HKG, Business #74 ( main course only )

21:00 TK67 DPS-IST, Business, #48
21:45 TK65 BKK-IST, Business, #38
21:55 TK25 TPE-IST, Business, #23

18:30 TK10 LAX-IST, Business, #19, 22, 32, 70
18:10 TK80 SFO-IST, Business, #27
23:05 TK36 YUL-IST, Business, #31, #75

Economy Class:

-------------------------------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2020, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tayaran
Hello, Just a question regarding TK 17 and TK 18 on the YYZ - IST route. Usually this route is flown on TK's 787-9, it seems however that for any flights booked in 2021 after Dec 31st, 2020 TK will be using the 777-3 ER. I saw this on Google fights when i was looking for flights in January 2021 vs Dec 2020. Can anyone confirm that the 777 will be flown in Jan 2021? Thanks in Advance!
TK hasn't yet updated their schedule for 1 January and onwards.
The current schedule for 1 January and onwards is a placeholder schedule so no-one could confirm the aircraft type on TK17/18 next year.
tayaran likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:16 am

Would there be any news, even if not confirmed, when a TK will return to normal?

It is really a shame what TK has done with its passengers, especially those who have paid a fortune to travel in J!

In Brazil, several passengers who had already bought a ticket in J will file lawsuits to obtain compensation for the quality of the service below the price paid.
daisymay2 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ericoguedes
Would there be any news, even if not confirmed, when a TK will return to normal?

It is really a shame what TK has done with its passengers, especially those who have paid a fortune to travel in J!

In Brazil, several passengers who had already bought a ticket in J will file lawsuits to obtain compensation for the quality of the service below the price paid.
Unfortunately, the answer to your question is NO.
There isn't any update on the catering changes at the moment and the current offerings would be served until further notice.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by ericoguedes

Brave ones!
Old Nov 18, 2020, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

TK 3 Istanbul to New York JFK ( Business Class )
Departure Time: 08:35
Long-Haul Breakfast and Lunch

Originally Posted by jphy
No problem!
Originally Posted by jphy

Here are the photos!

Menu

Breakfast

Breakfast - Pastry option

Breakfast - Omelette option

Before Landing

Before Landing - Lamb option
Old Nov 22, 2020, 9:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by tayaran
Hello, Just a question regarding TK 17 and TK 18 on the YYZ - IST route. Usually this route is flown on TK's 787-9, it seems however that for any flights booked in 2021 after Dec 31st, 2020 TK will be using the 777-3 ER. I saw this on Google fights when i was looking for flights in January 2021 vs Dec 2020. Can anyone confirm that the 777 will be flown in Jan 2021? Thanks in Advance!
Actually this route usually uses 777's. It was only since covid they were using the dreamliner. I do hope they bring back the dreamliner for next year once they announce the new flight schedule but for now it looks like they have 777 assigned.
tayaran likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Irfan Pasha
Actually this route usually uses 777's. It was only since covid they were using the dreamliner. I do hope they bring back the dreamliner for next year once they announce the new flight schedule but for now it looks like they have 777 assigned.
Hi ​​​Irfan Pasha and welcome to FlyerTalk

IMO, the Dreamliner would continue to operate until Canada re-opens their borders but later on, due to the strict slot restriction imposed by the Canadian government, the 777-300ER may come back on the YYZ route.

As you mentioned, the schedule changes would tell us everything.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Hi ​​​Irfan Pasha and welcome to FlyerTalk

IMO, the Dreamliner would continue to operate until Canada re-opens their borders but later on, due to the strict slot restriction imposed by the Canadian government, the 777-300ER may come back on the YYZ route.

As you mentioned, the schedule changes would tell us everything.

I flew on a Dreamliner back in Sept and with TKs cost cutting it was already intolerable but I was thinking of overlooking it as I wanted to visit Istanbul again in 2021. Guess that won’t be happening now as the 777 with its 7 across seating with covid catering is more PY than J.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jlimftalk
I flew on a Dreamliner back in Sept and with TKs cost cutting it was already intolerable but I was thinking of overlooking it as I wanted to visit Istanbul again in 2021. Guess that won’t be happening now as the 777 with its 7 across seating with covid catering is more PY than J.
Hot food has returned on 8h+ flights in Business Class and if you would fly YYZ-IST or YUL-IST, you would get hot food.
When I have time, I'll update the WIKI of this thread accordingly to give the details.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Hot food has returned on 8h+ flights in Business Class and if you would fly YYZ-IST or YUL-IST, you would get hot food.
When I have time, I'll update the WIKI of this thread accordingly to give the details.
Oh nice that’s good a step in the right direction. Hopefully they’ll stick with the dreamliners for now.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 9:37 am

the new catering looks so much better
Old Nov 30, 2020, 3:07 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Here is what I had on my IST-GVA flight TK1917 on their A321neo business class (last week).

DaveS likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enelym1978
Here is what I had on my IST-GVA flight TK1917 on their A321neo business class (last week).

Thanks for sharing, added to the WIKI.
enelym1978 and DaveS like this.
Old Nov 30, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: Miles&Smiles Gold
Originally Posted by enelym1978

business ? Looks like cheap economy food....
Old Nov 30, 2020, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by northernstar84
business ? Looks like cheap economy food....
Yes, the photo is from Business Class.
Economy Class boxes are in red rather than black.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.