Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Welcome to this thread where you could find detailed information about food onboard Turkish Airlines.
For information on the Turkish Airlines website please click here.

Meals are complimentary on all Turkish Airlines and AnadoluJet flights regardless of travel class and flight time.
Alcoholic beverages are complimentary as well, however, they are only loaded to selected flights.

Feel free to edit the WIKI if you want to add further information or if you think that it needs modification.

WIKI updated until post: 289

Domestic and Short Haul:

Business Class: 197
Economy Class: 236
AnadoluJet:

Medium Haul:

Business Class: 187, 196, 234, 266, 268, 282, 289
Economy Class: 305
AnadoluJet:

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
Westbound flights departing from IST

Eastbound/Southbound flights departing from IST

Westbound/Northbound flights departing an outstation

Eastbound flights departing an outstation

Economy Class:

11:10 TK800 PTY-IST, Business, #269

Before COVID-19
Meals are loaded on flights depending on the flight time and classified like this.

Domestic:

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot light breakfast, a cheese & fruit plate in addition to butter and jam.
Flights later in the day would get a starter dish + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A cheese sandwich ( warm ) is served on all domestic flights
AnadoluJet flights: A cold sandwich or a pre-packaged cake is served on all flights

Short Haul up to 2 hours ( eg. Tel Aviv, Athens, Bucharest... )

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( omelette, borek, gozleme ( Turkish style pastry ) ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( chicken, lamb, köfte... ) + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A box containing a sandwich, a cake and a salad ( for morning flights: yoghurt ) would be served.

Medium Haul between 2 and 8 hours ( eg. Mumbai, Paris, Stockholm, London, Addis Ababa... )

Regardless of the flight time, these flights would get only one food service and no second meal or snack is served on Economy Class at all. On longer flights, drink runs are made by the cabin crew midway during the flight.

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( 2 options would be present: generally one would be an egg dish and the other one a Turkish style breakfast dish ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( 3 options would be present: generally a pasta dish, a meat dish, and a fish dish ) + a salad + a dessert.
Economy Class: A hot meal would be served with a salad and dessert. For morning flights instead of a salad and a dessert, yogurt and a cheese&olive plate would be present. Some flights may receive a brownie instead of yogurt.

LongHaul more than 8 hours ( List Below )

The destinations are: Atlanta, Bangkok, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Caracas, Chicago, Denpasar (Bali), Durban, Guangzhou, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Houston, Jakarta, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles Madagascar, Manila, Maputo, Mauritius, Miami, Montreal, Newark, New York, Panama, Phuket, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai, Taipei, Tokyo, Toronto, Washington DC, Xi'an.

Onboard both cabins, two main courses would be served on these flights according to the flight time. A snack basket would be available at the galley which would have sandwiches and cakes.

Flights departing between 04:00-10:30 would have a Breakfast + Lunch/Dinner
Flights departing between 10:30-04:00 would have Lunch/Dinner + Breakfast ( if arriving at morning ) / Lunch/Dinner ( if arriving later in the day )

Business Class: Depends on the route. You could find information about meals here. In addition, pre-ordering meals are also available for several flights, for more information please consider looking at the relevant thread by clicking here.
Economy Class: Depends on the route.

Below this line, you would be able to find example meals and photos of the offerings onboard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIKI updated until post: 77

Domestic:

Breakfast - Business Class: 9
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 10
Economy: 4, 36
AnadoluJet:

Short Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 7, 17, 63
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 6, 16, 42, 60
Economy:

Medium Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 14, 29, 59
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 5, 15, 28, 44, 65
Breakfast - Economy: 2, 11, 53
Rest of the Day - Economy: 3, 8, 25, 52

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
13:05 TK79 IST-SFO, Business, #18, 30
15:40 TK31 IST-ATL, Business, #71

1:30 TK66 IST-DPS, Business, #35, 72 ( breakfast only )
2:00 TK70 IST-HKG, Business #74 ( main course only )

21:00 TK67 DPS-IST, Business, #48
21:45 TK65 BKK-IST, Business, #38
21:55 TK25 TPE-IST, Business, #23

18:30 TK10 LAX-IST, Business, #19, 22, 32, 70
18:10 TK80 SFO-IST, Business, #27
23:05 TK36 YUL-IST, Business, #31, #75

Economy Class:

-------------------------------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Totally agree with you ISTFler! I'm hoping to use the TK tickets for Christmas to the US - let's see how the situation develops.
SFOTraveler1984 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:03 pm
soy

Programs: various
This is a terrible strategy. Those who are really afraid are not going to be won over by anything short of a vaccine, and those who are willing to fly are not going to pay out for this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:09 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Wow, I am speechless.. I considered flying TK long-haul from KUL to USA. Thank goodness I read this thread beforehand, so that surely won't happen.
Seems to me TK wants to go out of business...
Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
FLASH NEWS

Turkish Airlines have stepped back not providing hot meals on Business Class.
According to Airporthaber ( Turkish Aviation news website ), they would start offering hot meals on Business Class but in the news article there is no mention which routes they would offer those meals or if they would provide hot meals on shorter flights.

According to this article, the passengers would be offered three options;
- Beef Meatballs
- Islim Kebab
- Chicken Brochette

All images are from the Airporthaber website

Source ( Only in Turkish ):
https://www.airporthaber.com/havacil...-yemekler.html
Old Jun 5, 2020, 9:55 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
It's a step but those do not look appetising I must say. Also tiny portions.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by starflyergold
It's a step but those do not look appetising I must say. Also tiny portions.
I'll take a couple of each to start with and see how I go. I'm willing to have a cold dessert...
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
You would not be happy with that in economy. Still, better than nothing.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Better than nothing does't mean it's good though...
DaveS likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 5:31 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Completely unacceptable for long haul business. Amazing they think they can get away with this.
daisymay2 and DaveS like this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
I know this thread is about TK, but I just flew short-haul on Lufthansa - and was impressed with the catering in corona times. It is possible to have a decent meal service even during corona!

Old Jun 6, 2020, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
I know this thread is about TK, but I just flew short-haul on Lufthansa - and was impressed with the catering in corona times. It is possible to have a decent meal service even during corona!
Thank you SFOTraveler1984 for sharing!
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:07 am

Check this out:
https://onemileatatime.com/lufthansa...board-service/

Considering the very strong competition between Lufthansa & Turkish (globally speaking, plus think about the German market itself only/huge Turkish diaspora in Germany), I am very sure Turkish Airlines Management is going to step back on their recent decision on catering cuts.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by fil_87
I am very sure Turkish Airlines Management is going to step back on their recent decision on catering cuts.
Let's hope so the true reason is probably more cost cutting than health concerns anyway
DaveS and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Let's hope so the true reason is probably more cost cutting than health concerns anyway
Indeed, TK is marketing their airline with their hygiene standards rather than their offerings.
I assume that this "maximum hygiene" slogan would continue for a while.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:26 am

Totally with you on this. At the same time, Turkish Airlines onboard dining experience has been one of their main historic selling points. Of course their Management knows it very well. Expect a step back decision from their side very soon.

Last edited by fil_87; Jun 11, 2020 at 2:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.