Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Expedia booking but can't find reservation.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avios, Emirates Skywards

I have booked a flight on Expedia on Turkish Airlines between Gatwick and Istanbul. I have a 6 digit booking ID but when I try and log in on Turkish Airlines website is says the reservation code cannot be found. Is this normal that I can't find the reservation? When I have an Expedia booking on other airlines I can usually log into the airline website immediately.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No, it is not normal at all.

Your PNR is not relevant. The question is whether you were ever ticketed. If you do not have an e-ticket receipt, you have nothing.

Call your TA, a.g. Expedia, and have them sort this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by skyscan
I have booked a flight on Expedia on Turkish Airlines between Gatwick and Istanbul. I have a 6 digit booking ID but when I try and log in on Turkish Airlines website is says the reservation code cannot be found. Is this normal that I can't find the reservation? When I have an Expedia booking on other airlines I can usually log into the airline website immediately.
As mentioned by Often1, you should have received a ticket number (13 digits, probably starting 235...). You can use this ticket number to log in on the TK website. You should find the ticket number in one of the confirmation emails from Expedia.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:22 pm

There will be 2, 6 digit PNR IDs: One that is the system where Expedia executed and maintains the booking, and a second one in the Turkish Air reservation system. If you are using the Expedia PNR record locator, it will not come up in the Turkish Air system. That said, I would be trying to find my e-ticket confirmation, as that is your assurance that everything processed properly with your booking. Expedia customer service should be able to give you the TK record locator if you don't see it somewhere in your documentation.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You will not be able to look up tickets booked with third party like Exp on the TK webpage. It doesn't mean that there is something wrong with your booking or ticket and most likely you will be able to travel.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Yeah you’re probably entering the Expedia PNR instead of the TK one. Look for the where it says Turkish XXXXXX. That will be your TK record locator.

Otherwise go to “your online itinerary” link from your email. It will take you to your booking in the Expedia website and your reservation. There’s a section that says “Ticket No” and just before each name in the reservation there would be a 13 digit number starting with 235. That’s your e-ticket number.

But since you’re saying this isn’t your first rodeo... I assume you know the difference between Expedia PNR and airline PNR. So it’s in all likelyhood a TK error in the website and it’s happened to me before as well. Or you haven’t been ticketed yet. Your itinerary link will have the answer.

SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
You will not be able to look up tickets booked with third party like Exp on the TK webpage. It doesn't mean that there is something wrong with your booking or ticket and most likely you will be able to travel.
You can definitely look up third-party bookings on the TK website as long as you use the 13-digit ticket number. Just tried it myself for one of my bookings via Amex Travel.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, TK*EPL, A3*G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skyscan
I've booked recently with Expedia and first I've got useless Expedia booking reference number but after 10-15 minutes I've got proper Turkish airlines PNR and I was able to add the reservation to My flights page and select seats for free.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
For my reservation, Expedia show me the following info: Ticket # (airline ticket number), Confirmation # (airline PNR) and Itinerary # (Expedia internal reservation number).
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:32 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Expedia uses Worldspan GDS (part of Travelport). You need to look for a 6 digit TK number in Expedia confirmation e-mail. Worrdspan PNR number will not work as TK is on IBM Res3 reservation system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.