FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   BKK check in counter opening hours (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1974221-bkk-check-counter-opening-hours.html)

behyx Jun 16, 2019 6:43 am

BKK check in counter opening hours

I’m taking TK65 9.45pm flight BKK-IST. What time will TK check-in counters open in BKK airport?

flyerby Jun 16, 2019 9:15 am

3 hours before flight.

nnanlno Aug 23, 2019 10:01 pm

I have an overnight layover at BKK and will be taking TK59 leaving at 9:20 in the morning. I understand the check in desk opens just 3 hours prior. However, OLCI is available 24 hours prior right? And I understand the TK lounge at BKK opens 24 hours.

So in theory, to save a night of hotel, can I store my luggage at the left luggage facility landside, pass immigration to airside with OLCI boarding pass on phone (at like 2am?), shoe up at TK lounge with phone boarding pass, chill a bit, go thru immigration again to landside to retrieve luggage and check in at 6:30am, then go through immigration a last time back to airside to take the flight? Will this cause issue with immigration?

(Should I direct this question to that Thai sub instead?)

godsquare Aug 24, 2019 6:17 am

Officially, the counter opens 3 hours before the flight. However, I have seen many occasions where it opens before that. In my last trip, I was there almost 4 hours before the flight and it already opened.

zap7 Aug 24, 2019 12:53 pm

If it's a layover with less than 24 Hours and you don't need your luggage anyway, I would try to have them check it in all the way to IST at your Departure Airport.

Make sure to take a look at the tags (is it correctly tagged?) and to ask again at BKK at checkin if your bags are correctly in the System / loaded on the flight - a few years ago TG had onloaded them for me during a 16 hour layover at CTU and I discovered that 50 minutes before take off - quite an adventure to get them back from customs and board the flight in time (yes it worked, and no I can't write any more about it, have to leave now...)

nnanlno Aug 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by zap7 (Post 31452469)
If it's a layover with less than 24 Hours and you don't need your luggage anyway, I would try to have them check it in all the way to IST at your Departure Airport.

I'm under the impression it's a mixed response from the check in agent when the connection flight is not on the same day albeit less than 24 hours. So I assumed for the worse and needing to pick up and re-check the luggage. Will definitely try to ask for it to be tagged all the way thru tho.

SK AAR Aug 25, 2019 6:00 am

Originally Posted by nnanlno (Post 31450380)

So in theory, to save a night of hotel, can I store my luggage at the left luggage facility landside, pass immigration to airside with OLCI boarding pass on phone (at like 2am?), shoe up at TK lounge with phone boarding pass, chill a bit, go thru immigration again to landside to retrieve luggage and check in at 6:30am, then go through immigration a last time back to airside to take the flight? Will this cause issue with immigration?

Do you realise how cheap hotels in the vicinity of the airports are? Except for the rip-off Novotel, the airport hotels are dirt cheap - around 1000-1500 THB/nt should be available. I wouldn't spent the night in an uncomfortable lounge if I can get a full nights sleep in a (hotel)bed for cheap.

Anyway, are you sure the TK lounge is open 24/7? - I have yet to hear of any lounges at BKK that is open 24/7.

Finally, you risk issues with the immigration officer once he/she realises that you try to enter Thailand again (after leaving the country the night before). In their view you will be trying to extend staying in Thailand with another 30 days for free - good luck in trying to explain that you will leave the country soon again. I wouldn't risk it

nnanlno Aug 25, 2019 7:14 am

Gotcha. Would not risk it. Thanks.

TPJ Aug 26, 2019 3:47 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 31454322)

Anyway, are you sure the TK lounge is open 24/7? - I have yet to hear of any lounges at BKK that is open 24/7.

Yes it is. The lounge is actually a profit center for TK - mainly Priority Pass and other *A carriers' revenue.