FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Is the TK "Miles Summary" in your profile working? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1972183-tk-miles-summary-your-profile-working.html)

Boston Elite Jun 1, 2019 7:57 am

Is the TK "Miles Summary" in your profile working?

1 Attachment(s)
I have taken 3 *A flights in the last week, and dutifully received the email from TK that the points are posted, and even on the mileage transaction history, they are showing up, but the "Miles Summary" showing my progress towards E+ for the next period is stuck at zero. Is there some secret TK IT thing that I'm not aware of going on here, or is this a true glitch for just my account, or is there something else at play?

ISTFlyer Jun 1, 2019 4:44 pm

When does your Elite Plus status expire? If it's a date later than May 2021, those flights won't count as requalification status.
If it's a date before or May 2021, it's should be an IT glitch.

Boston Elite Jun 1, 2019 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 31161194)
When does your Elite Plus status expire? If it's a date later than May 2021, those flights won't count as requalification status.
If it's a date before or May 2021, it's should be an IT glitch.

This activity was what I needed to extend my E+ validity, so now it shows valid through August 2021. Will the counter start working again when the new two-year qualification window opens?

ISTFlyer Jun 1, 2019 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by Boston Elite (Post 31161564)
This activity was what I needed to extend my E+ validity, so now it shows valid through August 2021. Will the counter start working again when the new two-year qualification window opens?

Yes, the counter would start working again when your new 2 year qualification period starts at September 2019. Until then, none of your flights would have an effect on your status extention.

cloudzocker Jun 3, 2019 3:17 am

Hi, I see the same behavior in my account. Did not receive any status miles for my flights since beginning of April 2019. I am Elite+ since 23. June 2017. I already requalified in the first year. So I would have expected that my „dead period“ started as soon as I requalified last year but not two months before the renewal date.
What should I expect for flights after 23. June 2019. Are status miles counted again? Thx

ISTFlyer Jun 3, 2019 6:27 am

Originally Posted by cloudzocker (Post 31165100)
Hi, I see the same behavior in my account. Did not receive any status miles for my flights since beginning of April 2019. I am Elite+ since 23. June 2017. I already requalified in the first year. So I would have expected that my „dead period“ started as soon as I requalified last year but not two months before the renewal date.
What should I expect for flights after 23. June 2019. Are status miles counted again? Thx

Miles would be counted again after 23 June 2019 or 1 July 2019. I am not sure which one but definitely, it would start recounting.

craigthemif Jun 6, 2019 2:06 am

My account is showing E+ expiry on 30 June, 2021.

A recent June flight doesn't seem to have added to my "status miles" balance. Time to assume that the IT changeover (which added a month to my E+ membership) has cost me all of the status miles I had lined up for June 2019 using an expiring E+ voucher? :mad:

Plus the standard glitch of 'Q' fare posting as 25% instead of 100%. :(

ISTFlyer Jun 6, 2019 6:14 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 31175498)
My account is showing E+ expiry on 30 June, 2021.

A recent June flight doesn't seem to have added to my "status miles" balance. Time to assume that the IT changeover (which added a month to my E+ membership) has cost me all of the status miles I had lined up for June 2019 using an expiring E+ voucher? :mad:

Plus the standard glitch of 'Q' fare posting as 25% instead of 100%. :(

Q fare should post %100. There is nothing wrong about it.

craigthemif Jun 6, 2019 8:40 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 31175843)
Q fare should post %100. There is nothing wrong about it.

I know, but chasing TK is never fun.

I was hoping for the 160% glitch. ;)

gr8pirate Jun 6, 2019 9:58 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 31176249)
I know, but chasing TK is never fun.

Usually true, but can be surprisingly smooth: I had an O fare (TK :-) that mistakenly credited as 25% and they corrected that mistake within days from a single feedback form.

craigthemif Jun 16, 2019 8:20 pm

I occasionally give TK a hard time for its customer service / language skills, but when they do the right thing it's worth highlighting... ^

After last year's IT update, my E+ status shifted forward a month. i.e. previously it was June 2017-May 2019 and the next cycle seemed to be July 2019 - June 2021. That was annoying because I had booked flights for June 2019 using an upgrade voucher to get a good start on my 40K requalification.

After my flights weren't showing as status miles, I sent in a feedback form - attaching an old statement showing the May 2019 end date. Lo and behold, TK have adjusted my E+ cycle to be the June 2019 - May 2021 I expected and my recent flights are now showing as status miles.

Kudos to TK. ^ I wish they still sent those monthly statements, as they are a godsend as proof of status / activity / etc.

SFOTraveler1984 Jun 16, 2019 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 31209713)
I occasionally give TK a hard time for its customer service / language skills, but when they do the right thing it's worth highlighting... ^

After last year's IT update, my E+ status shifted forward a month. i.e. previously it was June 2017-May 2019 and the next cycle seemed to be July 2019 - June 2021. That was annoying because I had booked flights for June 2019 using an upgrade voucher to get a good start on my 40K requalification.

After my flights weren't showing as status miles, I sent in a feedback form - attaching an old statement showing the May 2019 end date. Lo and behold, TK have adjusted my E+ cycle to be the June 2019 - May 2021 I expected and my recent flights are now showing as status miles.

Kudos to TK. ^ I wish they still sent those monthly statements, as they are a godsend as proof of status / activity / etc.

Thanks for sharing and well done! I agree, it is generally my experience with TK that their IT is buggy and things will go wrong, but if you reach out to them, they'll try to make it right (even though it may take 2-3 queries via the Feedback Form ;) )

Yeah, I also wish they would still send out the monthly statements. I have archived all previous ones and screenshot my miles/membership dates/etc. in the app regularly ;)