FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Gift Elite card to additional three members after Elite+ requalification? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1966413-gift-elite-card-additional-three-members-after-elite-requalification.html)

HeinzSchmolke Apr 22, 2019 3:47 am

Gift Elite card to additional three members after Elite+ requalification?

I'm not able to fully figure out how the benefits & privileges on (*** unfortunately, I am not allowed to post links yet ***) are meant for the "Elite card gift".

Am I allowed to gift Elite card to additional three members after requalification or is it a perk I can only use for three members in total, no matter how often I requalify to Elite+?

ISTFlyer Apr 22, 2019 7:28 am

Originally Posted by HeinzSchmolke (Post 31024646)
I'm not able to fully figure out how the benefits & privileges on (*** unfortunately, I am not allowed to post links yet ***) are meant for the "Elite card gift".

Am I allowed to gift Elite card to additional three members after requalification or is it a perk I can only use for three members in total, no matter how often I requalify to Elite+?

AFAIK, it's three per each requalification cycle.

gr8pirate Apr 22, 2019 8:07 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 31025028)
AFAIK, it's three per each requalification cycle.

I was under the impression it was three per lifetime, but don’t know for certain either.

craigthemif Apr 23, 2019 8:56 am

I think it's per cycle.

It's certainly very generous to repeatedly pay the miles necessary for somebody else to have an Elite card when they aren't travelling enough to earn it organically...

HeinzSchmolke Apr 24, 2019 1:52 pm

Maybe I can give an update in June/July. My Elite+ status period is from Jun 2017 to May 2019 and I requalified in 2017 already for another two years Elite+.

Which means that my next status period will be from Jun 2019 until May 2021 and I already gifted two Elite cards this April.

So let's keep fingers crossed that the counter will jump to three latest in July :-)

ClavenFlyer Apr 26, 2019 1:32 am

Where on website?

Hi, I have been trying to locate where on the Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles section of the website it mentions the ability to gift elite status. Can you someone help? Thanks.

craigthemif Apr 26, 2019 1:47 am

Originally Posted by ClavenFlyer (Post 31038540)
Hi, I have been trying to locate where on the Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles section of the website it mentions the ability to gift elite status. Can you someone help? Thanks.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...ges/index.html

40,000 miles per person...

hfly Apr 27, 2019 5:03 pm

Whatever it is, you cannot grant it to the same person more than once......EVER.....which I have always found strange!

pencereamelesi Apr 30, 2019 9:51 am

It's 3 per lifetime.

HeinzSchmolke Apr 30, 2019 10:27 am

Originally Posted by pencereamelesi (Post 31052630)
It's 3 per lifetime.

That would be a real pity. So I would need to create a new account and qualify for ElitePlus again to gain another three Elite gifts ...

ISTFlyer Apr 30, 2019 10:38 am

Originally Posted by HeinzSchmolke (Post 31052778)
That would be a real pity. So I would need to create a new account and qualify for ElitePlus again to gain another three Elite gifts ...

If duplicate account are detected, they are being merged by the system. One account per ID or per passport number. Obviously you could open a new account just after you have renewed your passport with a different e-mail address and a different phone number.

craigthemif Apr 30, 2019 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by HeinzSchmolke (Post 31052778)

Skipping out on 40k E+ re-qualification to start over from 0 trying to get to 80K? Either you travel a ridiculous amount with somebody else's money (and don't care about miles) or you are placing too much value on *A Gold status for people who don't travel too much...

HeinzSchmolke May 1, 2019 12:49 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 31052819)
If duplicate account are detected, they are being merged by the system. One account per ID or per passport number. Obviously you could open a new account just after you have renewed your passport with a different e-mail address and a different phone number.

Thanks for information. Passport renewal actually needs to be done mid 2020 latest.

Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post 31053560)
Skipping out on 40k E+ re-qualification to start over from 0 trying to get to 80K? Either you travel a ridiculous amount with somebody else's money (and don't care about miles) or you are placing too much value on *A Gold status for people who don't travel too much...

Or maybe someone is willing to give me something in return for gifting elite status ;-)

craigthemif May 1, 2019 1:59 am

Originally Posted by HeinzSchmolke (Post 31055101)

Or maybe someone is willing to give me something in return for gifting elite status ;-)

Lots of E+'s around here ;)

Kapi1904 May 3, 2019 3:46 am

After redesigning the website and the mileage program for me the option to gift an Elite Card shows up although I have already gifted 3 cards. Anybody tried if this really works?