Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines 787-9 First Scheduled Flight: DO ( July 2019 )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
DO/Meet-Up Cancelled due to Last Minute Aircraft Change
Print Wikipost

Turkish Airlines 787-9 First Scheduled Flight: DO ( July 2019 )

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Simple deduction by cross referencing Bilal"s pictures, where the last row in J is a window seat would imply that row 8 is a window seat no?
Yes, row 8 (and all other even-numbered rows) have the seat closer to the window. However, it looks like these seats have their head/privacy shield on the window side too? Might be easier to look out of the window in the odd-numbered rows where the head/privacy shield is on the aisle side (even though the seat itself is further away from the window).
Similar to the middle seats where it might be better to pick the even-numbered rows if you are traveling with somebody. The seats are further apart, but have the privacy shield to the aisle side. The odd-numbered rows seem to have the privacy shield in the middle, making it heard to see your travel companion.

I just hope that the foot cubby is not too tight. I flew on TAP's new A330neo the other day and their new business class seat is unbelievably tight. I will avoid them in the future.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
Simple deduction by cross referencing Bilal"s pictures, where the last row in J is a window seat would imply that row 8 is a window seat no?
Which picture is this?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by AirCanada881
Which picture is this?
See here
(we should really continue the discussion in the other thread, this thread is about the first flight)
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
As I've also edited the first post;

There would be no day-event scheduled by myself due to the low number of people confirmed that they would attend this flight. I would be happy to meet up with people at the lounge and the flight and guest those who travel in Economy to the lounge ( both in Istanbul and Antalya ).

I still encourage you to edit the WIKI if you are going to join the flight(s) but it's also OK if you want to have your identity disclosed.
If you are unable to edit the WIKI, you could confirm your attendance here in the thread and we could add your name into the WIKI. I won't add anybody's username to the list unless they will so.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: TK*G EP
B787 has just landed in IST
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
A far as news today, it's announced that the first Turkish Airlines 787-9 flight would be operated to Trabzon. However, there is no information yet if this flight would be a scheduled flight or a non revenue flight.

I would update this thread if there is more information about the first flight being changed.
Currently, I am still happy to meet up people at the Antalya flights stated in the first post.

So, technically the first 787-9 flight won't be the Antalya ones, but it currently seems that it would be the first commercial flight.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

UPDATE AS 30 JUN 2019

As the first flight would be made to Trabzon on 8 Jul 2019, the 787-9 aircraft would start their Antalya rotation on 9 Jul 2019.
The aircraft type of the flights on 8 Jul 2019 had changed to a recliner J seat A330-300 instead of a Boeing 787-9 so I am sorry to cancel the flight meet-up at this time.

I will definitely try booking that Trabzon flight which is not opened to sale at this point or change my flight date to 9 Jul 2019 instead.
I am sorry that I am not able to pay another €200-250 for a roundtrip business class on a 787-9 so I would be changing my ticket soon.

Once again, sorry for the inconvenience. I would be happy to meet all of you who were joining at Istanbul.
mafaky likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Wanted to give everyone a heads up if you're trying to book inaugural flights...seems like there could be delays due to maintenance

https://paxex.aero/2019/06/turkish-787-melted-window/
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club
Mind you, ISTFlyer that there are some rumors that the inaugural flight to TZX is being postponed to 9th (Tuesday) and this may also be a special flight where you cannot buy tickets, as a passenger. Maybe only some VIPs and guests will be flying...
ISTFlyer likes this.

Last edited by mafaky; Jul 2, 2019 at 2:06 pm
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by mafaky
Mind you, ISTFlyer that there are some rumors that the inaugral flight to TZX is being postponed to 9th (Tuesday) and this may also be a special flight where you cannot buy tickets, as a passenger. Maybe only some VIPs and guests will be flying...
exactly.

My sister is following TK on twitter and they had a competition in which the very first 150 re-tweetin people will be invited to the flight to TZX - my sister says, she did it but has no invitation yet. The tweet has been deleted very fast after it has been posted.
mafaky likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club
@ ISTFlyer: Did you have any chance to re-book on the 8th July IST-TZX Flight? My understanding is that, the said flight is a "special flight" where tickets are not sold but pax are VIPs plus some 150 guests by invitation...
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by axxoo25
exactly.

My sister is following TK on twitter and they had a competition in which the very first 150 re-tweetin people will be invited to the flight to TZX - my sister says, she did it but has no invitation yet. The tweet has been deleted very fast after it has been posted.
Competition consistency 100%

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know when the TZX flight departs? I might be around on Tuesday, would love to catch a glimpse of the plane.
axxoo25 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mafaky
@ ISTFlyer: Did you have any chance to re-book on the 8th July IST-TZX Flight? My understanding is that, the said flight is a "special flight" where tickets are not sold but pax are VIPs plus some 150 guests by invitation...
Currently, I have rebooked myself to the AYT flight on 9/7. It's a flexible ticket so if that flight would also have an equipment change, I would change it to another day where I'm sure the 787-9 operates.
As far as I know and as you have mentioned, the 8/7 IST-TZX flight would be closed to the public but I'm keeping an eye on the booking system, just in case TK changes their mind.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The first flight would be to TZX on 8/7 at 10:00 and return later in the day. This flight would be a non-revenue and invitation-only flight. As I've heard, there would be 150 people from the public which were selected ( no idea how they chose them ) and the rest would be protocol, VIP and specially invited people. I am not sure if the return flight ( the TZX-IST leg ) would accept revenue passengers.

The first revenue flight would be on 9/7 from IST to AYT ( TK 2410 ).

Once again, the Antalya rotations on 8/7, which was scheduled to be operated by a 787-9, are now being operated by an A330-300 with recliner seats in Business Class.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
The flight on 8/7 at 10 seems to be a 737 though, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.